Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-11-2011, 11:43 AM

I will second that!! I will never forget that day.God bless us all!
    Originally Posted by grumpy90650
    Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    Got to run friends,we;re doing the fireworks at tonights 911 rememberance.WE REMEMBER!!!!
    we remember those lost souls, their families, the heros, and the ones injured and still recovering today! god bless them and god bless the USA!!!
    Old 09-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by thomp116
    She did say she would sell out for chocolate, so I tried to make it easy for her! :XD: :XD:

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    No Fair Tussy, no body would pass up a chance to get FOUR flakes. I may have to up the stakes and offer a pack of caramel bars as well.

Is no one else posting out to England? Come on gives us just one little clue.

Canny

OK, what are 'flakes?' Sounds like very SMALL pieces of chocolate! Since I will be selling out one of my oldest friends, I need BIG pieces!

Tussy, that is just what I was thinking, I wonder if we can prise some more clues??

Canny

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie
    I was on vacation and now I have strep throat so my package isn't ready to mail yet but it is going far away (that's a hint). I know walk n roll and thomp116 (Kris) sp's and I can be bought just not with chocolate!
    Took me a while to read all 76 pages- omg- you ladies are just too funny. I was going to skip to the end and just couldn't do it- afraid I would miss something.
    Canny that sounds as if it is coming our way! Not many hints for us so far. What do you think?
    We could try, now where are my thumbscrews?

:-D
    No thumbscrews necessary. I can be bought for chocolate or scraps. Of course, by the time the chocolate and scraps arrive, you will have your packages, wherever they might come from!
    Swap you 4 Cadbury flakes for a clue. It's flakiest, crumbliest chocolate you'll ever eat and very addictive!
    To give it its full name, it is a Cadbury Flake bar. It is wrapped in yellow wrapping stuff with purple print on it. Inside is a long finger sized column of long flakes of chocolate kind of compressed to together. As you eat it, the lovely flake bits fall away into the wrapper - if you undo it properly, and it just dissolves into your mouth. Heaven..................
    Does any company in the US sell these? They sound devine
    Somewhile back on this thread Candi said that they were available in the States. I think they are only in a few stores and probably expensive.

Perhaps worthwhile working on Lori so that one of us in the UK get you as our swap pal???? :XD:
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:10 PM

There was a very big service of Rememberance here too, today. 67 Brits were killed in the Twin Towers also. I can remember exactly where I was when I heard the unbelievable, tragic news.
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:10 PM

craftybear (a board member) did a wonderful job posting links for mug rugs. if anyone needs an idea for mug rugs, you should be able to find some inspiration here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=1692
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...MZDAWMG2KN03D8

She did say she would sell out for chocolate, so I tried to make it easy for her! :XD: :XD:

No Fair Tussy, no body would pass up a chance to get FOUR flakes. I may have to up the stakes and offer a pack of caramel bars as well.

Is no one else posting out to England? Come on gives us just one little clue.

Canny

OK, what are 'flakes?' Sounds like very SMALL pieces of chocolate! Since I will be selling out one of my oldest friends, I need BIG pieces!

Tussy, that is just what I was thinking, I wonder if we can prise some more clues??

Canny

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie
    I was on vacation and now I have strep throat so my package isn't ready to mail yet but it is going far away (that's a hint). I know walk n roll and thomp116 (Kris) sp's and I can be bought just not with chocolate!
    Took me a while to read all 76 pages- omg- you ladies are just too funny. I was going to skip to the end and just couldn't do it- afraid I would miss something.
    Canny that sounds as if it is coming our way! Not many hints for us so far. What do you think?
    We could try, now where are my thumbscrews?

:-D
    No thumbscrews necessary. I can be bought for chocolate or scraps. Of course, by the time the chocolate and scraps arrive, you will have your packages, wherever they might come from!
    Swap you 4 Cadbury flakes for a clue. It's flakiest, crumbliest chocolate you'll ever eat and very addictive!
    To give it its full name, it is a Cadbury Flake bar. It is wrapped in yellow wrapping stuff with purple print on it. Inside is a long finger sized column of long flakes of chocolate kind of compressed to together. As you eat it, the lovely flake bits fall away into the wrapper - if you undo it properly, and it just dissolves into your mouth. Heaven..................
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 PM

cadbury flake bars are sold on amazon.com. after all this discussion i had to look them up. though i am not the biggest of chocolate lovers (it's just alright with me), they do look intriguing and are sold for a reasonable price.

i thought hershey's or kraft just recently bought cadbury. enjoy the pics.

Cadbury Flake Bar - Case of 24 - $19.00 - Amazon.com

Cadbury Flake Chocolate Bars, 6-Count- $6.49 - Amazon.com

Originally Posted by koko

To give it its full name, it is a Cadbury Flake bar. It is wrapped in yellow wrapping stuff with purple print on it. Inside is a long finger sized column of long flakes of chocolate kind of compressed to together. As you eat it, the lovely flake bits fall away into the wrapper - if you undo it properly, and it just dissolves into your mouth. Heaven..................[/quote]

Does any company in the US sell these? They sound devine[/quote]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-254958.jpe   attachment-254959.jpe   attachment-254963.jpe  
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:28 PM

thanks Julie and Haveplenty for the links and photos. Saved me from thinking - that could be dangerous! :XD:
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:40 PM

to one of my sp: i have been trying to create this handmade item for you. i couldn't find an established "pattern" for it so i searched and serached for something that would represent what i had in my mind to make. well what i am coming up with is a combination of 3 different pics i saw on the internet to create this item. hopefully you will like it and it will be a good representation of what i was trying to portray.

to my other sp: i have to show great restraints when i send to you but i keep having these ideas to add something else and trying to come up with inventive ideas on how to add the extra.

my initial goal was to have both your packages mailed this past saturday but that didn't happen. so my new goal is to have them mailed by this monday. that is considering i get my creation made to some satisfaction and i can stay within my restraints. i was also trying my hand at creating a poem to go along with mailing my packages. i got a coupla lines, but..... oh well it will all come together.
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the chocolate info Juli & Havplenty and truly a picture is worth a thousand words, yummy.
    Old 09-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Sending out my SP's package tomorrow, Monday the 12th....Hope she likes it...her zip code adds up to 25....she enjoys collecting trims and beads (there's some in there). Quite an eclectic box of goodies, I will say.