Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-12-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I for one am not going to be eating any chocolate airwick156 sends to me unti lI see swapfox post on thread that he is alive and well lol! Here is something I started but had to set aside until I am better and my mind is clear, well as clear as it used to be any way!
    You are a very brave soul Lori !!!!!!!!!! Looking good so far and can't wait for you to feel better so we can see it finished.
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Originally Posted by soniboo
    Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Today I hit a estate quilt and scored two very old quilts, and lots of wooden and OLD spools of thread, I thought if I knew my sp liked this type of thing I would include them in the package. So perhaps next month I will get one who likes the older items and I can so set them up! ;)
    Oh my goodness, what wonderful finds! I'm not as generous as you 'cause if I scored that I wouldn't be sending it to my swap partner. I'd be sweet talking the quilts and the spools would be in a jar...okay, I could share some spools. Now I feel selfish, sigh. But not so much that I'd pass my treasures on lol.
    LOL, no don't feel selfish at all! I have a huge glass jar filled with wooden spools and that is plenty for me, I have to be honest these quilts are incredibly well worn the one is very very comfy feeling, I might just find myself being attached to it. I will have to think about the quilt but I definitely will share my wooden spools and other antiqueish sewing notions that I have come up on. I just don't want to send something to someone who would not want them, they can pay them forward but would hate to ever know if they were just thrown away when there is always someone who would want them... OK enough rambling!! :mrgreen:
    Wendy, If you get me for your SP I definitely would want the old spools and antiqueish sewing notions. I recently got a project sheet at Joann's To make a wreath to hang on the wall using spools of thread and a measuring tape and other things. I really want to make one for my wall and maybe for a future SP so that they can have one too.
    Me too. That project sheet sounds awesome. I will have to see if I can find one. Sounds like it would look great hanging above my grandmothers treadle.

If you can't find it let me know I have an extra one.
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
    Originally Posted by candi
    Didi, love those fabrics.

Kountrykreation, wow, what a nice package! Is it coming my way? I love purples and reds and that clock matches my sewing room perfectly!!!

Well, then I guess peaches is heading to crafty Darlene, she is the closest to ladybug amongst us,
    So Soniboo, I guess we are visiting Darlene ,lol.
    Hope we're right and it is heading to me! LOL So Candi you and Soniboo drop on by anytime but you might have to go back home without my peaches! But I bet I could find you a few goodies on my own!
    Sorry Crafty Darlene,

Peaches is heading south of you, but you were about the same distance from Pensacola. I hope your package arrives soon!

I just checked the usps website and it indicates that Peaches is out for delivery in her hometown (Zipcode = 15, or 6 if you are into Numerology), .....not sure if my SP is psychic, but I do see that she has a "crazy" project planned in the near future..., at least one of her dogs has his own pool float... and, although she hasn't posted on the board in a few days, when she did (on another thread) she mentioned that she had been busy cleaning out the nesting areas around her house due to storm damage...so her ESP is working in Peaches favor!!!

:thumbup: :lol:
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 AM

I received my pkg. today from Jeanne H and it is wonderful. I got 3 FQ's red, blue and yellow. A Cross stitch kit, Raisinettes, notecards a magnetic notepad and a cute little teapot w/cup and a kitty inside the pot. So cute
    Thanks so much it was a very thoughtful pkg.
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 AM

[quote=reeskylr]
    Originally Posted by grumpy90650
    well just got back from the post office and my sp package is on its way....she does not look at this thread, so she will not know it is coming.....but it is going east of me...
    :thumbdown: Swappers should look at the thread they are swapping in!!

-----------------------------------------
    Maybe it would be helpful to mention in the very first thread for sign up that you should continue to watch that thread. I was new last month and had no idea this thread continued beyond the sign up. Thanks to Tussymussy for enlightening me

:thumbup:
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:33 AM

Hooray I'm all caught up on the posts.
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene

Hope we're right and it is heading to me! LOL So Candi you and Soniboo drop on by anytime but you might have to go back home without my peaches! But I bet I could find you a few goodies on my own!
    Sorry Crafty Darlene,

Peaches is heading south of you, but you were about the same distance from Pensacola. I hope your package arrives soon!

I just checked the usps website and it indicates that Peaches is out for delivery in her hometown (Zipcode = 15, or 6 if you are into Numerology), .....not sure if my SP is psychic, but I do see that she has a "crazy" project planned in the near future..., at least one of her dogs has his own pool float... and, although she hasn't posted on the board in a few days, when she did (on another thread) she mentioned that she had been busy cleaning out the nesting areas around her house due to storm damage...so her ESP is working in Peaches favor!!! :thumbup: :lol:
    Oh shame on me, how did I forget Fay? Soniboo and Darelne, sounds like we all should be visiting Fay:mrgreen:

But Soniboo, me and you can still visit Darelene, sounds like we can "play" in her stash :-) :-) :lol:
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 AM

Lori, this will be one awesome applique!

Toomanyufos, sounds like a great package.

Krystana, don't worry, you will get YOUR package.
    Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by mscupid804
    What's up with people getting 2 and 3 SP's??? :| Is this the work of Lori's drugs??
    Some of use sign up for more than one SP. This is the first month I did it, I just asked Lori for two SPs, and sent out two packages this month. I am doing this to do siki a favor, because she really really want to get my name...so I am trying to increase her chances, aren't I nice? :mrgreen:
    Candi you are always looking for everyone else. Your just to good for us. Maybe next month you can do 3 and increase her chances and mine too...lol
    Yup, I am a goodie :mrgreen:
    Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by saraaev
    I just posted my firmie which is on its way to a zip totaling 24 ! You also have a pet and like the same kind of candy I do. Thhhhhhhhat's all for now folks. Sara
    Is it me, is it me? My zip totals 24, and I have several pets! It would really be funny if it is me, because I actually know where Pahrump is and have been there several times!!!!!