Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Good morning everyone! Today is the deadline for mailing your packages. Also wanted to let you know the results I got from MRI. I have more degeneration from the degenerative disc disease I have and I also have a bulging disc. The Dr wants me to have an epidural to get relief from the pain. They have a Dr that comes from Iowa City to do them here in Ottumwa on Fridays and we are hoping that I can get it done this Friday. Am waiting on a call from them.
    Lori, i get them as much as i am allowed and for me they really really help, i hope they do for you too. they can also do something called radio frequency that helps me a lot, but try the epidurals first. they don't hurt, you'll be knocked out, but you will have to have driver to get home....
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Originally Posted by fayzer
    Ok Ladies, start drooling. And NO this package is not for you. It is all mine. Hehe

Modennie was SO good to me. She sent the most wonderful, perfect package and it was so darn early I absolutely did not expect it. I didn't even get to stalk! Boy did you ever surprise me! I have never gotten a swap package so-o-o fast! One of our other board members, Ddlbug, is here visiting on vacation and we were galivating around the Florida Panhandle sight seeing and fabric shopping.

We could not believe all the beautiful things she sent me. Those fall fabrics are breathtaking with the matching variagated thread. The Moda Kansas charm pack is full of beautiful prints. The little "Peaches" chicken pincushion is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to try to make one of those. Moedeenie did a beautiful job on him. I love the snip scissors, patterns, coffee, post it notes, sweet little fall cup cake wrappers, buttons, calender and darling fall socks. She sent a long sweet letter that let me learn a little about her. I hope I get her as a swap partner at some point so I can spoil her too.
    Thanks again Faye for the lovely PM you sent! It was my pleasure to put your package together this month.

As Faye noted on her status sheet that she was planning to make a Buggy Barn Crazy Cat Quilt in Fall colors, I decided to put together an Autumn themed package. I sure hope you will post pictures of your Crazy Cat Quilt when finished!!!

Take Care and enjoy your visit with your dear friend! If she isn't already signed up, maybe she will join us next month!
    I promise to post a picture of my crazy quilt. I am still collecting fabrics. You know how that goes. My friend is a participant of the swap and she loves it too.
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    Ok Ladies, start drooling. And NO this package is not for you. It is all mine. Hehe

Modennie was SO good to me. She sent the most wonderful, perfect package and it was so darn early I absolutely did not expect it. I didn't even get to stalk! Boy did you ever surprise me! I have never gotten a swap package so-o-o fast! One of our other board members, Ddlbug, is here visiting on vacation and we were galivating around the Florida Panhandle sight seeing and fabric shopping.

We could not believe all the beautiful things she sent me. Those fall fabrics are breathtaking with the matching variagated thread. The Moda Kansas charm pack is full of beautiful prints. The little "Peaches" chicken pincushion is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to try to make one of those. Moedeenie did a beautiful job on her. I love the snip scissors, patterns, coffee, post it notes, sweet little fall cup cake wrappers, buttons, calender and darling fall socks. She sent a long sweet letter that let me learn a little about her. I hope I get her as a swap partner at some point so I can spoil her too.
    I'm loving all the fall fabric. Lucky you go Peaches. I'm going to have to make myself a chicken.
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:51 AM

Well, How sad I just realized I forgot to mail somethings to my SP. So guess that means she will get another package from me.
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Thanks Lori. My youngest daughter loves elephants, I'll have to share this with her.
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Here are photos of my two babies enjoing the treats my secret pal included in my package! Give me a min to find them!

Look at that face - sheer BLISS
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]256510[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-256503.jpe   attachment-256504.jpe   attachment-256505.jpe  
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    TOOMANYUFO's have a wonderful time.

I am continuing with decluttering today. Another 80 lb bag of fabric on the way out the door. Zillions of teeny scraps and lots of ugly fabric. I do mean UGLY. (Saving yardage of good stuff for someone who is a regular swapper here, but not saying who). Also made a nice bag of novelty fabrics for an 8 year old boy who started quilting. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-144994-1.htm

Getting rid of more of our homemade wine at the convent. Those nuns seem to go through a lot of it! :shock:
    Krystyna you are so sweet. Emi going to love getting all that fabric. One day he may grow up to be another Ricky Timms and you will have been a part of that. Also some swapper is going to be very lucky to receive all that fabric. I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Just found out this morning the my DD and I are going to a quilt retreat. Starts early Friday thru Sunday afternoon. We went last year,but wasn't sure about the fishing schedule. DH decided to let us go, so he is going to take care of the zoo and do some maintenence on the boat. A fun quilting time and lots of prizes to win! It will take forever getting caught up. SP pkg going out today
    Dwina could you swing by and pick up?
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Thanks Lori. My youngest daughter loves elephants, I'll have to share this with her.
    The drives are at 8:30 am my time (Iowa)which is 3:30pm Central Africa Time and then again at 11pm my time which is 6am their time. They drive all around and stop to talk about the animals they see and is very educational. I am addicted to them. They also tape them so you can watch when you are able .

http://www.youtube.com/user/muttluver

i have about 50 pictures of the sun rise and sunsets and will print out onto muslin and make a beautiful quilt!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-256509.jpe   attachment-256510.jpe   attachment-256511.jpe  
    Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM

Sitting here wondering how much longer I have to wait before we can start the Oct swap. I got my package so early this month. I guess I will keep the ones waiting on the bench company.

Lori I hope you are able to get the epidural on Friday. They have suggested that I give it a try, but I'm not sure about it. I had the radio frequency done on both sides of my neck at the end of December and it extremely painful. Not only the procedure, but for 8 weeks after. Then not to have it work. I hope they to put you out like greenini said. After all the pain of having the other procedure done I'm just kind of leery.