Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    In my defense I got the blocks in a red white and blue block swap and cost me nothing. The backing was a table cloth I bought on clearance at walmart for $2.25 and I did not use all of it.The inside of the lap quilt was a sheet I purchased at Goodwill for $1.00
    The honey was purchased with farmer market coupons that cost me nothing. The fishing tackle came out of my tackle box and I made the amish friesndship bread myself. The gone fishing sign cost 99 cents and the candy was $1 a box. The pens were from Dollar Tree and cost you guesssed it a dollar. I already had the sticky note pad and the iced teas was 99 cents. You do the math. There are ways to be creative when sending a package.
    Lori, I do the same thing, I get a lot by getting things like that from the dollar store or I catch fat quarters on sale for 99cents, etc so my pkgs aren't real expensive either, they just look that way because of how I shop! My momma didn't raise no dummy! LOL

:thumbup:
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    I was asked to post this for my Husband as he doesn't know how to type and hes just flat out too excited to hen peck on the keyboard.
    This was his first time to join in the Secret Pal Swap and he was all excited to join us even if he doesn't sew he says. For those of you that doesn't know he is a disabled Veteran that suffers from brain damage along with other medical problems but is the sweetest man you will ever know.
    When he decided to do the swap, he filled out his information just like the rest of us have but in his he put some odd stuff in it, like what does he collect...he put SOCKS!!! Just too funny.
    Today, he received his package from The one and only LORI PEERCY. Woohoo!!! And she made him up one fantastic package. One of his hobbies is fishing. And Lori did great. She also likes to fish, so they have that in common. So this is what she sent to him..There was a yellow envelope sorta rolled up inside a ziplock bag. And he picks it up and says she sent me a rain jacket how cool. So anyways as I was laying out the stuff to take a picture of, I went to take the "rain jacket" out of the ziploc to lay out and it was the Amish Bread. LOL And he didn't want me to take the "raincoat" out of the bag. But I did anyways and found it NOT to be a rainjacket but the Amish Bread she made. Just think, If I hadn't have taken it out of the baggie...he would have had moldy bread before long. Geez LOL.

fishing bobbers, fish hooks, milk duds, worms, fishing lure bells, amish bread that she made and he flat out told me I COULDNT HAVE ANY. fabric post card, pens,sticky notes, a jar of honey, go fishing sign, animal skin pins 2 Ottumwa Courier newspapers and a box of flavored iced tea mix packets. And she sent a lap quilt in Red, Whites and Blues that she made that she posted recently on the board.
    I wish that we were able to do a video on here sometimes when opening packages and seeing the process and excitement that goes along with it.
    Lori, Charles says THANK YOU very very much and that you did a fantastic job. He says he never expected all that you put in it. He was like a kid on Christmas morning as you can see by how the box was literally torn open LOL.
    He says his most favorite thing in the box was the lap quilt that Lori made for him. He has removed his blanket off the couch and has replaced it with the one from Lori. :) And second is all the fishing lures. He says someone that fishes can never have enough lures. :) So Thank you Thank you Lori for making his day.
    Lori you did good girl.
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Mary, So sorry to hear of the loss of you DBIL. I am sure that Tussy's package was a heart warming surprise when you came home. Tussymussy was my SP in July...so you and I have matching blue shawls...isn't it lovely! Maureen
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:20 PM

Sue I'm so sorry to hear about your brother in laws passing. I will pray for your family. I'm glad that Sue's package arrived when you needed a pick me up the most. Hugs to you.

Robyn
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Mary so sorry to hear about your BIL, will keep you and your family in my prayers! God has a way of sending us some special something just when we need it! Glad Tussymussy was there for you!
    Darlene
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 PM

Sorry everybody, can't be on the bench this month with you. Just got my mail and received a great pkg from Bluequilter, a Christmas panel, beautiful Christmas ornament, fall socks, seam ripper, and some great fat quarters! Thank you again Lois for everything!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-257051.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Oooo! My package shows delivered!! :):):)
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    For a first attempt at digitizing, I am pretty happy with how my first design came out. There are definitely some things I will need to improve.

I sure hope my SP will like this little wall quilt as much as she LOVES candy corns!

The package is in the mail today... hopefully soon to zoom her way!
    What a beautiful wall quilt Misty Marie!...Any chance this beauty is coming my way????
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Originally Posted by candi
    PS My package will be sent to a state with a lot of sand.
    FL?? :?:
    Good guess, but then again Long Island, NY is pretty sandy, too. And I think Maine has a dessert of sorts, as does Nevada, Arizona, California, Texas. I guess that wasn't such a great clue -- much too general.

How about this - my SP likes coconut. If she's reading, she'll probably recognize herself.

Happy Thursday everyone. Time to get ready for work.
    I LOVE coconut. I will bring a coconut custard pie to the bench. I guess I'd better bring two because I do not want to share. As for sand, my city is a beach community known for its white sand. Other sandy places: NM, AZ, NV, CA ... but not FL.

Off to the bench I go. Mmmmm. Coconut custard pie for breakfast!
    Have ya been to FL??? It is all sand my friend, which explains the dusting that I need to do all too often. I am thinking the answer to who got in to Lori's meds still has the same answer: You!! :XD: :mrgreen: :lol:
    Ok, that package is not mine, so I guess it is yours :thumbup:
    Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by candi
    PS My package will be sent to a state with a lot of sand.
    FL?? :?:
    And who has been into Lori's drugs now????
    Hmm maybe Candi? :mrgreen:
    No way :XD: