Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
    You can stretch the rule by sending things you already have, such as magazines or books you have read. Perhaps you have some notions that you don't use or want any more - these too can be sent on. The biggest way of bulking out your package is send some things that you have made. Chicken pin cushions have been very popular this month - there are all sorts of small gifts that you can make out of things you already have.

Lots of people like things like vintage buttons for an example.

Please do not feel embarrassed. I love the anticipation of receiving the parcel: it feels like Christmas! I am sure that your swaps are delightful and very much appreciated by your SP. Hope Lori is listening because I would love to swap with you.
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 PM

For a first attempt at digitizing, I am pretty happy with how my first design came out. There are definitely some things I will need to improve.

I sure hope my SP will like this little wall quilt as much as she LOVES candy corns!

The package is in the mail today... hopefully soon to zoom her way!
    Fantastic peice of work. It is delightful.
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 PM

Misty, Bless you honey. No apologies is necessary for anything you send in your swap package. Whatever you send will be greatly appreciated. I am just as happy with a little as a lot. The main reason for my being in this swap is to make new friends and I am doing just that. The banter back and forth is very entertaining and you can learn a lot about the board members this way. Just send what you can and stick to the rules. You are doing exactly what you are supposed to. I would love for you to be MY secret pal.
    Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
    [/quote]
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Someone in Louisiana will be getting a firmie tomorrow!!
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I recieved some PM's asking if something was wrong with me as I hadn't been on here much lately.Last sunday my brother-in-law lost his battle with lung cancer.Today was his funeral.When my husband and I got home I stopped at the end of our driveway and got the mail. There was a huge package from over seas. Yep it was from Tussymussy my secret pal for this month.It was such a wonderful surprise.I must say thank you for not just the package but also the uplift it gave me.Sue is a very warm and wonderful person. We all joke on here but she has become a friend to me.She sent a really pretty lacey blue shawl.She sent one a few months ago to her pal and I fell in love with it.Now I have one of my own. Also I recieved winegums.Now I know what they are. Yeah!!! Also there was a package of 5 flake chocolate bars. They look so good too. She made a beautiful matching set for my purse of a yoyo keychain,tissue cover,tea holder,card holder.Also I recieved Camilla(her chickie),2 very pretty pieces of fabric 1 is a med.brown batik and 1 is med. browns with dark brown siloettes of deer. That's not all .Also a Beef cookbook(I raise beef cattle)a post card of nearby town to her called Kewstoke.also a nail buffer cube.and lastly a Fruit cake recipe with a pack of English mixed spices to go in it.also a cute refrig. magnet that says "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" that is soooo true,my friend. Oh and I don't want to forget a very cute mugrug she made me. It has a pig,a cow,and a lamb on it. This is a very nice package. thanks so much Sue. Your friend Mary
    Mary, my friend, it was an absolute pleasure and I am so glad it arrived at a time when you need some cheer. Lots of hugs for you at this sad time.
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM

I did take a photo of the squishy I sent to Mary. And now I can't find it :thumbdown:
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:40 PM

I really didn't feel that you were being critical of me I was just trying to explain how it may look like alot but not cost alot. I was at Walgreens the other day and they had mini yellow highlighters for 0.19 I bought 8 of them and put them in my box for swaps. Anytime I find things cheap I will buy them and use later. Also alot of people go to estate sales and get fabric fot next to nothing so they are able to give more than I could. I do understand what you were saying.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    In my defense I got the blocks in a red white and blue block swap and cost me nothing. The backing was a table cloth I bought on clearance at walmart for $2.25 and I did not use all of it.The inside of the lap quilt was a sheet I purchased at Goodwill for $1.00
    The honey was purchased with farmer market coupons that cost me nothing. The fishing tackle came out of my tackle box and I made the amish friesndship bread myself. The gone fishing sign cost 99 cents and the candy was $1 a box. The pens were from Dollar Tree and cost you guesssed it a dollar. I already had the sticky note pad and the iced teas was 99 cents. You do the math. There are ways to be creative when sending a package.

I wasn't being critical of you. I was making a general statement about several pictures that I have seen already. Please don't think I was meaning it for one person in particular.
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
    Swap Hosts

Just another day of the same ... and, to use a now very popular phrase ... stinx on a stick.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-257107.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 PM
    Swap Hosts

Here's a prophecy for tomorrow ...
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-257109.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Here's a prophecy for tomorrow ...
    Krystyna that mailbox isn't big enough to hold the box I sent and my SP got hers at 1:44 today... she doesn't post on this board, at least I have never seen her post... but glad she got it... Didn't take long from Florida to Michigan...