Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
    Power Poster

cannyquilter tussymussy sent me a 5 pack of flakes and they made it here fine.They taste wonderful. I only had 1 bite of 1 bar but it was sooo gooood.Lori glad everything went well today hope it helps.Juli -a girl could get fatter just laying under that quilt.Krystyna hope you get your package soon Mary
    Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    I know it is good, I eat way too much of it. I have to confess I have been having a difficult month and am only just getting my package together to send out. It is midnight here and I will be posting it tomorrow, it can take up to 2 weeks so I usually try to get it out earlier so I am so sorry Sp pal you will be sitting on the bench a while this month. I am going to make up by putting some EXTRA chocolate in, Twirls.

Skaduzy, these are the same as flakes only (if you can believe it) they are then coated in chocolate. Yummy yummy, I reckon they will travel better than flakes.

If I have a squashed flake I usually sprinkle it over ice cream. Actually here in England we have an ice cream called a "99" which is a cone with vanilla ice cream and a flake stuck in it. I have no idea why it is called a "99", Tussy might be able to help with that one.

Try not to eat all your flakes at once Skaduzy..

Canny

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Doorbell just rang and guess what! No, I already got my packages from my 2 SP's. It was the FedEx man with the Flakes bars I ordered and they are delicious. I really like them and just wanted to let Tussymussy and Cannyquilter know I think chocolate from across the Atlantic is really good.
    Canny, next month you can have me for a SP and mail late, as I think I need to try this chocolate! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by carrot
    Is my butt big... I think my butt is getting bigger, must be all that food that is being pasted around on this bench :mrgreen:
    Good things come to those who wait.
    Good things come to those who wait.
    Good things come to those who wait..................
    I really do know how to spell.............................
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM

Nothing from my Secret Pal as of today:(
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM

juli can one gain weigh just by looking at that chocolate quilt? :-) oh my. did you name it? it looks nice.

Originally Posted by Juli
    I finally got my quilt back from the quilter.
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 PM

I just signed up too for the Secret Santa. This will be my 1st time for this so am asking those of you who have done it before what kinds of things do you give? Is it basically what we're giving in here in this swap?? Or does pretty much anything goes??
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM

jeez juli are we cosmic malady sisters (allergies, popping knees; didya also have migraines?) and just don't know it? i have two bad knees that i acquired during my college days when i played team volleyball. yes i have torn cartilage, had knee poppping problems, knees locking on me, couldn't walk up stairs without a mishap for several years. i visited 3 ortho surgeons, one in sports medicine, and 2 told me to have surgery. the 3rd doctor (sports med) told me that i would eventually need surgery but he recommended knee muscle strenghtening exercises to stabilize my knees.

the exercises have helped me the last 25 yrs. no surgery for me yet, no knees popping outta place, no stair mishaps. here's to satifying news at your doctor's visit.

Originally Posted by Juli
    I just got back from the Doctor. I have to go have a scan done on my knee from when it popped last month. Its still giving my problems to where I can hardly walk sometimes or it will just lock on me. He thinks I have tore some cartiledge in my knee. But I can't get into until the 27th.
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:30 PM

My SP gift is visiting Memphis today....Not sure why it needed to go to Memphis...seems the long way around to get to where it is going.
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM

i joined the happy new year one (similar to ss) and though i may send some quilty things, i know that i am sending different things also like a wall hanging i'm working on and personal things such as "me time" items, maybe a certificate for a 15-min massage, some spa products (think pedicure/manicure), or a restaurant certificate. i just saw these great napkins folded like christmas trees that i will be making. so my package will have a slight different edge to it. the budget is $20.00 so there's more room to play.

here's the link to the napkins in case anyone is interested.
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutori...ns/2009/12/01/

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    I just signed up too for the Secret Santa. This will be my 1st time for this so am asking those of you who have done it before what kinds of things do you give? Is it basically what we're giving in here in this swap?? Or does pretty much anything goes??
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:36 PM

memphis is a big mail sort facility for packages. i asked my mail friends that once & that is what they told me.

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    My SP gift is visiting Memphis today....Not sure why it needed to go to Memphis...seems the long way around to get to where it is going.