Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    i joined the happy new year one (similar to ss) and though i may send some quilty things, i know that i am sending different things also like a wall hanging i'm working on and personal things such as "me time" items, maybe a certificate for a 15-min massage, some spa products (think pedicure/manicure), or a restaurant certificate. i just saw these great napkins folded like christmas trees that i will be making. so my package will have a slight different edge to it. the budget is $20.00 so there's more room to play.

here's the link to the napkins in case anyone is interested.
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutori...ns/2009/12/01/

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    I just signed up too for the Secret Santa. This will be my 1st time for this so am asking those of you who have done it before what kinds of things do you give? Is it basically what we're giving in here in this swap?? Or does pretty much anything goes??
    Thx Hav
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 PM

No bench sitting for me this month. I got a fabulous package from Kriscraft99. She sent a Fons and Porter book "quilters complete guide" Book covers,red and yellow fabric ,book markers. My favorite candy Twizzlers. A pincushion pattern,needles.She even sent goodies for my furbabies. And last but definately not least is a gorgeous stained glass pumkin sun catcher and it was wrapped in the CUTEST mug rug. Thank you so much Kris. Everything was wonderful.

my package all wrapped up
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]257938[/ATTACH]

all of my goodies. I am so spoiled
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]257939[/ATTACH]

my new favorite mugrug
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]257940[/ATTACH]

my fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]257941[/ATTACH]

Isn't this suncatcher too cute. I'm pretty sure she made it herself.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]257942[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-257885.jpe   attachment-257886.jpe   attachment-257887.jpe   attachment-257888.jpe   attachment-257889.jpe  

Old 09-16-2011, 05:15 PM

i joined the happy new year one (similar to ss) and though i may send some quilty things, i know that i am sending different things also like a wall hanging i'm working on and personal things such as "me time" items, maybe a certificate for a 15-min massage, some spa products (think pedicure/manicure), or a restaurant certificate. i just saw these great napkins folded like christmas trees that i will be making. so my package will have a slight different edge to it. the budget is $20.00 so there's more room to play.

here's the link to the napkins in case anyone is interested.
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutori...ns/2009/12/01/

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    I just signed up too for the Secret Santa. This will be my 1st time for this so am asking those of you who have done it before what kinds of things do you give? Is it basically what we're giving in here in this swap?? Or does pretty much anything goes??
    Thanks for the link--those are very pretty!
    Old 09-16-2011, 05:17 PM

My husband ate one and I ate one. The 4 left are for me. I think I may try one stuck in the ice cream. Sounds good! Thanks for telling me.

[quote=cannyquilter]I know it is good, I eat way too much of it. I have to confess I have been having a difficult month and am only just getting my package together to send out. It is midnight here and I will be posting it tomorrow, it can take up to 2 weeks so I usually try to get it out earlier so I am so sorry Sp pal you will be sitting on the bench a while this month. I am going to make up by putting some EXTRA chocolate in, Twirls.

Skaduzy, these are the same as flakes only (if you can believe it) they are then coated in chocolate. Yummy yummy, I reckon they will travel better than flakes.

If I have a squashed flake I usually sprinkle it over ice cream. Actually here in England we have an ice cream called a "99" which is a cone with vanilla ice cream and a flake stuck in it. I have no idea why it is called a "99", Tussy might be able to help with that one.

Try not to eat all your flakes at once Skaduzy..

Canny

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Doorbell just rang and guess what! No, I already got my packages from my 2 SP's. It was the FedEx man with the Flakes bars I ordered and they are delicious. I really like them and just wanted to let Tussymussy and Cannyquilter know I think chocolate from across the Atlantic is really good.
    Old 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM

memphis is a big mail sort facility for packages. i asked my mail friends that once & that is what they told me.
    I thought that Memphis might be a very helpful clue :)

I wanted my SP to know it was on the way...It needs to go south from Memphis
    Old 09-16-2011, 05:55 PM

Krystyna~your surprise I promised is ready to go...please PM your address to me....
    Candi~no second package yet....are you checking hints for me?????
    Old 09-16-2011, 06:01 PM

The specialty grocery store next to where I work has a British section. With all the recent talk of British Flake bars, I got a craving, so at lunch I went over to buy one. This was at the risk of causing nice smelling smudges on my company's paperwork because these are "messy"!!!! Anyway, they had them the other day, when I wasn't in the mood, but today they were sold out. So, I tried another kind with a honeycomb center - yummy, but not the same.

As I was the only one working in my department of 8 today (yep, everyone was out or left early except me), I had to stay a bit late. With my SP package already being mailed late, I was stressing about getting to the PO on time to get it out today (I can't do it tomorrow because I have committed to doing volunteer work). Well, I made it, but just barely. I paid nearly $14 to ensure that it would get to the recipient on Monday. And then I came home and started reading the thread about late senders on here. It hit a nerve, hence my bluntness. Note to readers - I am not taking this as a personal affont since I mailed late for the first time "ever", but on a general level of negativity - there are legitimate reasons most people mail late.

Here's my hint. My package is headed to a member who is ready to be part of a group who wants to start their own swap club for early senders - I say go for it!!! And enjoy monitoring it, too. My wise mother always told me that if I could not say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. I can only hope that the remarks were supposed to be amusing, even though I did not consider them so. I think the only one who has a right to complain about tardiness to any extent is Lori. Again, my sincerest and humblest apologies that the deadline was 2 days earlier than the normal 16th mailing date, and that I did not realize it until too late. Aaaaaand..... News flash, it's not the end of the world to receive late. I'd say 80% of the swaps I've participated in I have received late, and I'm still alive and sarcastic when I want to be. I am also grateful for anything I get and "when" I get it even if it IS 3-4 weeks late, which it has been.

Perhaps I should have calmed myself more before I posted this, and perhaps it will be pulled by the QB monitors, but I am not the type to keep my big mouth shut, unfortunately. I am always too quick to react, and then I regret it. So, I apologize if the commenters were just bantering and I did not recognize it. And that's my 1 cent worth on the topic of tardiness. I hope I do not have to eat humble pie...but if I am wrong, I will gladly do so.
    Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 PM

i am always so literal. so sorry. :-o

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    memphis is a big mail sort facility for packages. i asked my mail friends that once & that is what they told me.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:10 PM

i am always so literal. so sorry. :-o

Originally Posted by Vicki W

I am being a bit silly....from Memphis south/southwest....it could go to about 10 states....so...VERY helpful ...Not:)
    Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 PM

sharon you are not the only one that has taken offense at the bantering as others have posted something similar to your sentiments before. i think that is one of the reasons that i read less and less of the chatter because after all it is a gift, so whenever it comes it should be welcome. but i do realize that humor is relative and of an individual taste and not all will find some of what's said humorous. soooo... with that said, just take in (the chatter) what you will and ignore what you want to.

that's my thoughts and i am sticking to them.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    ...So, I apologize if the commenters were just bantering and I did not recognize it. And that's my 1 cent worth on the topic of tardiness. I hope I do not have to eat humble pie...but if I am wrong, I will gladly do so.