Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-17-2011, 04:42 AM

I received a great squishie from Karen924 (Karen). I can't get pictures on the thread so if Karen took pictures maybe she could post them.

The package contained a halloween suare, a package of red work patterns and red embroidery thread (I've been wanting to try this for along time!) It also contained several other patterns, buttons for my collection (they were great), cut squares of fabric and a quilt magazine. I was a wonderful package.
    Old 09-17-2011, 04:47 AM

If anyone is interested in signing up for the Secret Santa swap here is the link
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153210-4.htm#4224604

It was alot of fun last year and the banter on that site was a hoot...for the newbies it is similar to secret pal but we can spend $20 along with items from stash,handmade items etc. because after all it is Christmas!
    Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by brenda21
    Krystyna~your surprise I promised is ready to go...please PM your address to me....
    Candi~no second package yet....are you checking hints for me?????
    Yup, watching, but my radar is failing me I am afraid. I was so sure Koko's package was heading my way, alas, I got last week's mail and no package.
    Koko, who got your package?
    My Secret Pal =) and I could have two so it could still be you - mail delivery isn't what it used to be!
    Hmm.......my stalking sense was definitely telling me you were sending me a package, and that I would get it in yesterday's mail...but i got nothing,maybe I am loosing my skill... :lol:
    Old 09-17-2011, 04:53 AM

Krystyna~your surprise I promised is ready to go...please PM your address to me....
    Yup, watching, but my radar is failing me I am afraid. I was so sure Koko's package was heading my way, alas, I got last week's mail and no package.
    My Secret Pal =) and I could have two so it could still be you - mail delivery isn't what it used to be!
    Hmm.......my stalking sense was definitely telling me you were sending me a package, and that I would get it in yesterday's mail...but i got nothing,maybe I am loosing my skill... :lol:
    Anything is possible is my motto for today!!
    Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna

I am such a mean, horrible person.
    Are NOT!!!
    Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 AM

Anything is possible is my motto for today!!
    You are killing me with suspense, lol and now I have to wait until next week...of course surely I will have at least one package from Wine Woman :wink: Maybe, lol.

And yes, I signed up for the Secret Santa swap, although thinking about Christmas already stresses me out, lol.
    Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 AM

Just checked my tracking number and my Secret Pal's Gift is scheduled to be delivered on the 19th dag I didn't think it would take so long. Someone with the letter O in their state has a package on the way:)
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Juli
    Thanks! I have enough material left to make another one!

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Beautiful quilt, think of all the wonderful dreams you will have covered in chocolates LOL

Originally Posted by Juli
    I finally got my quilt back from the quilter.
    Juli luscious looking quilt, my hubby would love that one...
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Finally home, YAY! What a long long week!!

But I got home and waiting for me was a perfect package filled with handmade items just for me! MY SP, the talented Regina aka Reginalovesfabric, more then filled my one wish of someone making me something. I could not believe all the items. I got halloween fabrics, a wicked cute chicken pincushion, which I will come up with a name for as soon as her personality shows through! Metal templates! How cool is that?!! Yummy circus peanuts, and a TON of sugar daddys and butterscotch candies that were all tucked in with the red buttons in the gingerbread bag! A pink snap locking box with cute unique kitty scissors!, Oh now Regina I forgot to thank you for the handy pen sized tool, it has a flatend and a phillips! But I am going to have to admit now I want a cupcake, wonder were I could find one at Midnight? Well I definitely have no calories ones! A nice kitchen towel and matching notebook! OK enough, on with the photos!!
    Oh my I really love those redwork blocks, really nice package...
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    I am also sorry if anyone got their knickers in a twist over my comments here. They are all meant in fun. The stalking, the waiting, the bench sitting with various and sundry snacks are part of the game.

That being said, before I am condemned to death:

I have loved every single package I got from my partners except for one which had a food item that was expired by a couple of years and that was literally full of bugs. That is where my bug comments come from. Don't PM and ask me who or what or when because I will not say. I know the person who sent it did his or her best and did not intend the package to be quite so disgusting. It would have been very nice except for the bugs -- and old food item.

Like a few kind souls on this board, I have sent out more angel packages than I can count at this point --not just to SP participants either. September is only half over and I've already shipped six and am putting together two more. It's no fun for anyone to wait and wait and wait - sometimes for nearly two months - and it is also disappointing when you put a lot of thought into your partner's package and get one that is extremely skimpy or full of stuff that indicates your partner clearly didn't read anything you wrote and just slapped something together. I think that Lori showed how you can put together an outstanding package for less than $10 and that is part of the fun. Being thoughtful is the fun and caring part for me, anyway.

It really is fun to see photos of what you've sent to someone else, but sometimes I understand it doesn't happen because there is a lack of a camera or technological know-how. AND it never happens with Angel packages which is part of the deal. The fun is in putting together a surprise package. BUT not even getting a thank you PM really stinks -- whether it is from your SP or for an angel package. I will admit it. After a string of non-response recipients, I do get annoyed and hurt by the sheer rudeness. But then I pull up my big girl knickers and get on with it.

Is it negative to set up a bench for the month with a table and snacks? I don't think so - and I'm not the one who started it.

So you want to set up the lynch mob to string me up by the toes? Go right ahead. I am such a mean, horrible person.
    Wow, what did I wake up to? I don't know you all on here nor do you know me but if I said anything negative to hurt anyone's feelings, I too, apologize. All was in fun and I quoted Krystyna's comments because I know she was just being funny as well. My skin is a little on the thick side so I don't get offended that easily. That being said, I do realize some of you are a little more sensitive than others so I will also watch what I have to say and just sit on the bench, mouth shut. But like I said in one of my past post, if I were serious about the lateness or whatever, I would not....would NOT participate in this great swap. I truly enjoy every second of it, ESPECIALLY the anticipation of my pkg! I know it's coming, that's half the fun! And the things I have rec'd so far have been fantastic and I look forward to this pkg as well. I really don't believe anyone here is upset because their pkg was mailed out late. But again, my apologies as well to anyone I have offended, you can rest assure it won't happen again. I also was an "angel" and enjoyed that as well.