Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-17-2011, 09:33 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by verna2197
    Ohhhh I would love to have that. I peel, slice and freeze that so I could have it all winter. Yum-Yum!
    Too late! I gave it the local food pantry. I was pulling out spent tomato plants that decided to fruit in my compost bin and notice that there was some sort of squash plant growing there as well. I looked a little closer and saw this monster. Yikes!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Just when I was starting to think about going over to the bench to visit the girls there, my postman delivered my package from Annt59. Look at the neat things Ann sent me!

The purple fabric is so cool... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not metallic, not chunky and scratchy like some glitter fabrics, but kind of a glisten. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that to show in the picture and I know my description isn't very good. I've never seen anything like it - but I know what I'm going to do with it! It will be part of a Halloween runner or topper I am planning.

The small red thingy is another item I've never seen. It's a used needle holder by Fons and Porter. Kind of like a package that Schmetz needles come in, but for your used needles. How clever is that?

The mug rug made me giggle. It says, "It's not unfinished, it's HALF FINISHED!" Yeah, so take that!!

Plus a nice book, Christmas decorating pattern, another fabric with my favorte colors (red, green and purple), a sampler of different battings by Quilter's Dream, which is nice as it has a piece of each along with a descrption of the uses/qualities for each, and a nice note.

Thank you, Ann for making my first swap so fun!

Peace and Joy,

Robin

My package from Annt59
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]258215[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-258162.jpe  
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Is it just me, or do the packages just get better with each post? Beautiful packages!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:09 AM

A little piece of information for you all. We have 86 peopele who have received, make that 87 with peacandjoy having received hers, and 136 that I have notice that have been mailed.
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 AM

I don't know how you keep track of it all Lori! But WOW lots and lots of people participating, wish more posted :(
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:14 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Just when I was starting to think about going over to the bench to visit the girls there, my postman delivered my package from Annt59. Look at the neat things Ann sent me!

The purple fabric is so cool... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not metallic, not chunky and scratchy like some glitter fabrics, but kind of a glisten. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that to show in the picture and I know my description isn't very good. I've never seen anything like it - but I know what I'm going to do with it! It will be part of a Halloween runner or topper I am planning.

The small red thingy is another item I've never seen. It's a used needle holder by Fons and Porter. Kind of like a package that Schmetz needles come in, but for your used needles. How clever is that?

The mug rug made me giggle. It says, "It's not unfinished, it's HALF FINISHED!" Yeah, so take that!!

Plus a nice book, Christmas decorating pattern, another fabric with my favorte colors (red, green and purple), a sampler of different battings by Quilter's Dream, which is nice as it has a piece of each along with a descrption of the uses/qualities for each, and a nice note.

Thank you, Ann for making my first swap so fun!

Peace and Joy,

Robin
    What a wonderful package!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 AM

Ohhh - I just got an idea for my Secret Santa. This just kind of snowballs!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Ohhh - I just got an idea for my Secret Santa. This just kind of snowballs!
    What is it?
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Oh. Sorry. Got mixed up. :oops: :oops: :oops:

In all seriousness, I received the most wonderful package from Lauriejo. She was so incredibly thoughtful in her choices and I really appreciate it. Sit tight. Lots of pix on the way. Sorry for the background mess. I'm in the middle of cutting 196,000 pieces for a class tomorrow.

Lauriejo sent me a beautiful, sparkling scissor fob with a teeny tiny honey bee at the bottom, so much prettier than the photo. I never even knew there was such a thing. Sheltered life, I guess.

Also a buckeye for good luck. (promise me it won't hatch!)

A 2012 calendar, a K for Krystyna note pad, an Ohio wildflower postcard, three packages of Chuckles (Hey! who ate all the red ones? Oh, that was me) and a little pocket sewing kit, a book about her part of Ohio, a really cool family cookbook, a Jo-Ann project sheet (ha ha ~ see this post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153340-1.htm), a crafy tote bag (will use it tomorrow!) and ... saving the best for last ... the most GORGEOUS floral fabric.

Sorry girls, but I'm off the bench. But I'll leave you some Chuckles. Ummm, only the licorice ones. Sorry.
    Krystyna what a great package you got. I love the scissor fob. I haven't had Chuckles in for ever. How many of the 196,000 pieces do you have cut so far? Have fun at class tomorrow, wish I was going. Looks like that package was worth the wait.
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 AM

Just received my SP package and am so excited. Got a sewing kit, a pocket calculator with a neck string, that will come in hand, a beautiful card and so so much fabric. All so pretty. Thank you so very much MiMom, I love it all.

verna2197

All the pretty material
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]258231[/ATTACH]

Sewing kit, card and calculator
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]258232[/ATTACH]

Everything all together
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]258233[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-258178.jpe   attachment-258179.jpe   attachment-258180.jpe