Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Just when I was starting to think about going over to the bench to visit the girls there, my postman delivered my package from Annt59. Look at the neat things Ann sent me!

The purple fabric is so cool... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not metallic, not chunky and scratchy like some glitter fabrics, but kind of a glisten. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that to show in the picture and I know my description isn't very good. I've never seen anything like it - but I know what I'm going to do with it! It will be part of a Halloween runner or topper I am planning.

The small red thingy is another item I've never seen. It's a used needle holder by Fons and Porter. Kind of like a package that Schmetz needles come in, but for your used needles. How clever is that?

The mug rug made me giggle. It says, "It's not unfinished, it's HALF FINISHED!" Yeah, so take that!!

Plus a nice book, Christmas decorating pattern, another fabric with my favorte colors (red, green and purple), a sampler of different battings by Quilter's Dream, which is nice as it has a piece of each along with a descrption of the uses/qualities for each, and a nice note.

Thank you, Ann for making my first swap so fun!

Peace and Joy,

Robin
    Hey Robin this is the other Robyn. I love the package you got. Wish I could see and touch the purple fabric, it sounds wonderful. I love the Christmas pattern you got as well.
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 AM

I received an AWESOME SP firmie from lawsonmugs! Thank you Mary!! So I am going to join in the teasing and tell you that I will post pics later or tomorrow. We all know what fabulous packages Mary sends!! :):):):)

To my SP......
    You live acros the pond and your pkg wil be mailed on Monday! I hope it is worth the wait! I found a particular item that was asked for! WooHoo! The remnants of tropical storm LEE (imagine that) made a big mess out of our neighborhood and I have spent the last week clearing out my basement! I lost some fabric but did manage to save most of it! Those totes were the first to go to the laundromat!!! YOu think if you put stuff in totes it will be safe!! NOT!! So much water rushed into my cellar that it picked them right up and tipped them over! An FYI for anyone else that goes through this (and I now there are a lot of us!)a 1/2 cup of baking soda and a good cupful of vinegar does get the musty out if it doesnt set too long!!
    Thanks
    Lee
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197
    Just received my SP package and am so excited. Got a sewing kit, a pocket calculator with a neck string, that will come in hand, a beautiful card and so so much fabric. All so pretty. Thank you so very much MiMom, I love it all.

verna2197
    mimom sends such nice packages. She sent to me before. Don't you love the little card that she sent? I have the same one that I put up on my wall next to my sewing machine so that I can see it all the time.
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Just received my SP package and am so excited. Got a sewing kit, a pocket calculator with a neck string, that will come in hand, a beautiful card and so so much fabric. All so pretty. Thank you so very much MiMom, I love it all.

verna2197
    Beautiful fabrics!! I am drooling, is that blue one down in the middle lace? It looks like it. Great package!!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by brenda21
    Krystyna~ I am serious!! Surprise is ready to be mailed and I want it to go out today!!!! PM me your address...or I *WILL* send bugs frogs and snakes!
    I will only tell you if you promise to send me that cute pup in pearls!
    You cannot have pup in pearls.....You wouldn't believe me if I said you could haha...however I still need address!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Thanks! I have enough material leftover to make another one.

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    Originally Posted by Juli
    Thanks! I have enough material left to make another one!

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Beautiful quilt, think of all the wonderful dreams you will have covered in chocolates LOL

Originally Posted by Juli
    I finally got my quilt back from the quilter.
    Juli luscious looking quilt, my hubby would love that one...
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 AM

I got the hoops from Krystyna today that she went to look at thinking they were looms! She also sent some pretty fabric with them!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-258183.jpe   attachment-258184.jpe  
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:41 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Krystyna what a great package you got. I love the scissor fob. I haven't had Chuckles in for ever. How many of the 196,000 pieces do you have cut so far? Have fun at class tomorrow, wish I was going. Looks like that package was worth the wait.
    I will use the fob at my class tomorrow so I look especially quilty!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

How many pieces cut? Ummm, using the same mathematical formula, 4 :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:43 AM
    Swap Hosts

verna2197
    How nice! Seriously, a pocket calculator with neck string really is so handy! I use one all the time with my world class couponing outings!
    Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Well if I tell you, what if everyone does it??? Then it'd be no good.

Okay, well really, here it is: I am a tote addict. Not just the nicer ones like from L.L. Bean, or the Professional Tote. I've got those and use them, but I also really like the ones that you get in stores for $1. Joanns and TJ Maxx have some really cute ones.

Just used one today at the local Mennonite vegetable stand. I take projects to our guild sew-in day, or to show and tell, etc. Love them. I think they'd be good in a SP package!

See, I just needed to see what peeps were getting to get the ideas going...