• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-17-2011, 01:01 PM

well not me mine adds to 23
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
    Originally Posted by antiquegirl68
    Just checked my tracking number and my Secret Pal's Gift is scheduled to be delivered on the 19th dag I didn't think it would take so long. Someone with the letter O in their state has a package on the way:)
    Mine says the same! They sure don't give us those estimated dates when we're buying the postage!! Ugh! Mine is going to someone with a W.
    Either one of these may be coming my way as there is an "o" and a "w" in New York!!! More hints are always welcome!
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Well, I am off the bench and in front of my sewing machine. I received a WONDERFUL package from NanaKathy55, and as soon as I pm Kathy and Lori, I will post a picture!
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:33 PM

Ok will do, warning it is addictive! LOL

Originally Posted by sik1010
    Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    I know it is good, I eat way too much of it. I have to confess I have been having a difficult month and am only just getting my package together to send out. It is midnight here and I will be posting it tomorrow, it can take up to 2 weeks so I usually try to get it out earlier so I am so sorry Sp pal you will be sitting on the bench a while this month. I am going to make up by putting some EXTRA chocolate in, Twirls.

Skaduzy, these are the same as flakes only (if you can believe it) they are then coated in chocolate. Yummy yummy, I reckon they will travel better than flakes.

If I have a squashed flake I usually sprinkle it over ice cream. Actually here in England we have an ice cream called a "99" which is a cone with vanilla ice cream and a flake stuck in it. I have no idea why it is called a "99", Tussy might be able to help with that one.

Try not to eat all your flakes at once Skaduzy..

Canny

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Doorbell just rang and guess what! No, I already got my packages from my 2 SP's. It was the FedEx man with the Flakes bars I ordered and they are delicious. I really like them and just wanted to let Tussymussy and Cannyquilter know I think chocolate from across the Atlantic is really good.
    Canny, next month you can have me for a SP and mail late, as I think I need to try this chocolate! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Just when I was starting to think about going over to the bench to visit the girls there, my postman delivered my package from Annt59. Look at the neat things Ann sent me!

The purple fabric is so cool... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not metallic, not chunky and scratchy like some glitter fabrics, but kind of a glisten. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that to show in the picture and I know my description isn't very good. I've never seen anything like it - but I know what I'm going to do with it! It will be part of a Halloween runner or topper I am planning.

Nice package Robin, you can still come over to the bench to say hello and show us your darling things...

The small red thingy is another item I've never seen. It's a used needle holder by Fons and Porter. Kind of like a package that Schmetz needles come in, but for your used needles. How clever is that?

The mug rug made me giggle. It says, "It's not unfinished, it's HALF FINISHED!" Yeah, so take that!!

Plus a nice book, Christmas decorating pattern, another fabric with my favorte colors (red, green and purple), a sampler of different battings by Quilter's Dream, which is nice as it has a piece of each along with a descrption of the uses/qualities for each, and a nice note.

Thank you, Ann for making my first swap so fun!

Peace and Joy,

Robin
    What a wonderful package!
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:53 PM

OK, this will probably take a bit to load everything. I got all sorts of goodies from NanaKathy55 - Kathy. There are two, count 'em two, bags of scraps, 2 pieces of fabric, Milky Way's, a book to share, a X-stitch leaflet, scrapbook paper,handmade cards, a state thimble, pin cushion, handmade fabric bowl, a fall mug and tealight holder and a jar of ???? It looks like honey, but I'm not sure. Hate to open it right away - I like looking at it! Kathy, thanks so much!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-258300.jpe   attachment-258304.jpe   attachment-258307.jpe  
    Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM

If you back track this thread you will see a picture and also a supplier. They are a chocolate stick which is made up of layers of chocolate, they melt in the mouth. i think all the brits in the secret swap are going to have to send them out every time. We have created a monster LOL

Canny

Originally Posted by magnolia
    What are English Flake bars? I think I want to try some. Do they sell them in the states?
    Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 PM

What a great day for packages! Awesome ones have been received, and wow, Lori, I am so impressed that you can keep track of all these numbers, and as always, do let me know if you need any help.
    Old 09-17-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    If you back track this thread you will see a picture and also a supplier. They are a chocolate stick which is made up of layers of chocolate, they melt in the mouth. i think all the brits in the secret swap are going to have to send them out every time. We have created a monster LOL

Canny

Originally Posted by magnolia
    What are English Flake bars? I think I want to try some. Do they sell them in the states?

They really sound yummy.. Would love to try one or two or.........
    Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
    OK, this will probably take a bit to load everything. I got all sorts of goodies from NanaKathy55 - Kathy. There are two, count 'em two, bags of scraps, 2 pieces of fabric, Milky Way's, a book to share, a X-stitch leaflet, scrapbook paper,handmade cards, a state thimble, pin cushion, handmade fabric bowl, a fall mug and tealight holder and a jar of ???? It looks like honey, but I'm not sure. Hate to open it right away - I like looking at it! Kathy, thanks so much!
    Really nice package... Like the bowl...different...