Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM

lol, cute candy corns.

Ok, SP -- Your package is hanging out in Pennsylvania and resting to make the trip and arrive tommorrow in Ohio!

Expected Delivery By:
    September 19, 2011

Delivery Confirmation™

Be on the lookout!
    Btw, I forgot to add any candies. I apologize. :(
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    Did anyone else see the news yesterday when they talked about first class mail taking longer to be delivered? I didn't hear the whole announcement. It is already taking 5 or more days for Priority Mail although the website says 2/3 days. Looks like our packages will be taking longer and longer to be delivered. Guess we will have to be patient but we don't have to like it.
    My husband said that our mail man told him he thinks there going to be closing our mail office, and there hasn't been a day that I havent went in there and had to wait in line. From what they charge for postage how can the Postal Service be broke. And having to cut back! Maybe the profit isn't big enough for them you think?
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:12 PM

I think in the age of technology, when e-mails and messages are instantly sent, we have become less and less patient to wait for our mail to arrive. I do think that they should not advertise "Priority Mail" as something being faster than first class. I have had first class get clear to New York before my Priority made it to Idaho, both being mailed at the same time. I live in Colorado so it would seem that the Idaho package would make it there faster.
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 PM

My package arrived while I was on vacation down in florida visiting my BFF -Faye! My flight was late last night so I opened it this morning to see all the wonderful things my secret pal sent. Cyndria thank you so much, I really liked the fabrics, pink is one of my favorite colors, the coupon holder, needles, inspirational book very heartwarming, the used needle holder-I like because you can't find them around here, I tried! It must be one hot item!!! A big hug of thanks for the wonderful package. I have attached a foto so everyone can see what a nice package I received.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-258688.jpe  
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Did anyone else see the news yesterday when they talked about first class mail taking longer to be delivered? I didn't hear the whole announcement. It is already taking 5 or more days for Priority Mail although the website says 2/3 days. Looks like our packages will be taking longer and longer to be delivered. Guess we will have to be patient but we don't have to like it.
    My husband said that our mail man told him he thinks there going to be closing our mail office, and there hasn't been a day that I havent went in there and had to wait in line. From what they charge for postage how can the Postal Service be broke. And having to cut back! Maybe the profit isn't big enough for them you think?
    With government they pay their employees quite well and then the retirement benefits are great too. A thought just struck me, they pay our military personnel crap, but they pay the civilian employees two to three times what they pay the individual who puts their life on the line? What is with that?
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    With government they pay their employees quite well and then the retirement benefits are great too. A thought just struck me, they pay our military personnel crap, but they pay the civilian employees two to three times what they pay the individual who puts their life on the line? What is with that?
    They do get paid a lot. When I tested for a PO job, I discovered that vets get priority when hiring even if they score lower that civilians. applicants.
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:33 PM

Love your package ddlbug. Those fabrics are FAB!
    Old 09-18-2011, 12:43 PM

Thomp - where did you see it? (Do you know what page on this thread?) I've looked because I wanted to be sure it came, but I just can't find it here. I'll keep scrolling...

Originally Posted by thomp116
    I saw the one you sent to Sheila- in Erie. Great idea and love the fabric!

Originally Posted by Debka
    I have a thing about totes too. I have too many of them, and I love the supermarket ones. And, yes, I have made it a habit to use them (nearly) all the time at the supermarket. I do dislike the waste of plastic, especially when the baggers only put a few items in each bag. And the recyclable bags do hold more AND can fit over my shoulder so I can carry many at a time.

For a group project I once worked on, I purchased 100 plain white tote bags which we decorated (with markers). I still have many plain bags left and have been giving one in my swap packages! I decorate with fabric and try to choose colors my sp will appreciate.
    Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Well if I tell you, what if everyone does it??? Then it'd be no good.

Okay, well really, here it is: I am a tote addict. Not just the nicer ones like from L.L. Bean, or the Professional Tote. I've got those and use them, but I also really like the ones that you get in stores for $1. Joanns and TJ Maxx have some really cute ones.

Just used one today at the local Mennonite vegetable stand. I take projects to our guild sew-in day, or to show and tell, etc. Love them. I think they'd be good in a SP package!

See, I just needed to see what peeps were getting to get the ideas going...
    Old 09-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Yeah, thanks for that. My son is a Marine and he get's scraps for pay!!! And not only that, but he isn't only a Marine 8 hours a day. He is a Marine 24/7 365. If he blinks they have to know about it, if he goes further than xxx amount of miles from his Duty Station, he has to get it approved first..... even if he's on leave he still has to get it okay'd. He has to account for every single minute of every single day. They aren't 'free' in any way.
    He is way underpaid for what he does, and it's so frustrating when I hear people complaining about their benefits and their pay...... from the comfort of their living rooms. I mean I understand and all, but it's hard for me to not have the perspective that I do, and that leaves me being a little less understanding than I probably should be.

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Old 09-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by carrot
    [quoteI grab one of my hair chop sticks and am using it for now. I can't believe I lost my purple thang. I've had it for almost 6 years and never lost it. I always keep it by my machine and never use it anywhere else. Those darn gremlins are at it again.

I have a friend who keeps hers on a ribbon and wears it around her neck

:lol:[/quote]

If I wore everything around my neck that I have the potential of misplacing, I would fall over with a broken neck!