Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-19-2011, 09:59 AM

My SP's package is also out for delivery today. Hope you like what I sent.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:02 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by magnolia
    My SP's package is also out for delivery today. Hope you like what I sent.
    Did you sent that cute pup?
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:25 AM

I just made some peanut brittle and it was good....so good it pulled out one of my crowns and my dentist can't see me until tomorrow at 2pm to do a less than 1 minute glue in. Go figure! :hunf:
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
    Well swappers, I just got home from a 4 day camping trip with extended family and just look what I came home to--this wonderful swap package was waiting for me!!!! It had a book (which I have not read), a home made crocheted book mark, a skein of the softest yarn in a beautiful off white color, snowman dish towels, an adorable hanging snowman towel in the form of a dress that Kim made for me, doggie paw print stickers for my vehicle, quilters template plastic, a suede journal, four wonderful green fabrics, a 3 piece note pad set, and a wonderful (I call it a sewing buddy), it is a pin cushion with two pockets to put over the arm of a chair or couch that I believe she made for me....isn't is all just great??? I love everything and can't wait to dive into some new projects. I would like to thank Kim from the bottom of my heart. I do not have her screen name to thank her in a private message, but did send Lori a message to say I received it.....Once again, Kim, thank you so much, you are a great swap partner!!!!
    Wonderful package. I love the dress towel. I haven't seen these before. The sewing buddy is great. I love the simply soft yarns. They are the best. They have such wonderful colors also.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    As an addition to the prayer quilt thoughts, you don't always have to use religious fabrics or patterns. Here is one that I made in a day for a man at the dog park we go to: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143186-1.htm
    Krystyna you are such a special person. I wish that there were more people like you. This story about the quilt touched my heart. Thanks for sharing it with us. It is very inspiring.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 AM

I'm off today and hope my package comes in the mail. I'm just doing some Snoopy Dancing, to make the mail-lady leave it.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Well today is a little bit of a sad day with a silver lining. Due to all of the pain that I am suffering from I haven't been able to work for about 6 wks now. I went into the office today and was let go. This is a great company that I worked for and they care about their employee's. My FMLA ran out in June, and they continued to work with me. Today when they told me they were letting me go they made it clear that when I get my medical issues under control they want me to come back to work there. They also gave me 2 weeks severance pay and are going to pay my Cobra insurance for 2 months. They were not obligated to do any of this for me. I go to my pain management Dr on Wednesday and hopefully I can get them to figure something out that will work and no more medication that causes adverse reactions. At least I will be able to py my October rent because of this.
    Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Well today is a little bit of a sad day with a silver lining. Due to all of the pain that I am suffering from I haven't been able to work for about 6 wks now. I went into the office today and was let go. This is a great company that I worked for and they care about their employee's. My FMLA ran out in June, and they continued to work with me. Today when they told me they were letting me go they made it clear that when I get my medical issues under control they want me to come back to work there. They also gave me 2 weeks severance pay and are going to pay my Cobra insurance for 2 months. They were not obligated to do any of this for me. I go to my pain management Dr on Wednesday and hopefully I can get them to figure something out that will work and no more medication that causes adverse reactions. At least I will be able to py my October rent because of this.
    Robyn, I am so so sorry to hear this! That was very generous of them to do for you. It sounds like the definitely truly care for you! I hope your angels wrap you in their loving arms and cure this pain so you may be able to get back to your life. Only if I had a magic wand!
    Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Robyn, I am so so sorry to hear this! That was very generous of them to do for you. It sounds like the definitely truly care for you! I hope your angels wrap you in their loving arms and cure this pain so you may be able to get back to your life. Only if I had a magic wand!
    Robyn, I have been in this same situation in the past. Your company definitely cares and I pray that your Dr. can figure something out that will allow you to return to work soon.
    Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 AM

I'd like to thank my SP for the wonderful package!!I recieved a windchime that is so cute!!!!!I collect them,Also got a fabric panel,clips,seam ripper.book little containers,chopsticksand gold bond lotion which I so use,again thankyou!!!!!!

The windchimes is the bird at bottom middle!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259288[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-259234.jpe   attachment-259235.jpe