Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    allergies has always been part of the template. i for one have very serious allergies so i would not want this dropped for me. cigarette smoke causes my asthma to flare (nebulizer alert)and nuts will send me to the hospital. i want my allergies noted on my template.

mary
    I have both of those too, I don't think the allergy part should be dropped. I don't see why the old form can't be kept.
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM

I agree the compromise should work.
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 AM

***Hey swappers, I got a PM from Lori that she had started sending out names and had an emergency and had to leave her apartment. She said she was okay but had to leave abruptly, so NOT to worry and she will have all the names distributed this evening! Sorry for the delay, but she wanted everyone to know that she WILL be back later to finish!!!***
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 AM

Shane has had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance when he was a little over a year old and his throat was almost closed up by the time he got to the hospital when he ate some peanut butter, so his allergy is as bad as mine is.
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Ok, Mary and Juli, Lori is not dropping the allergies notation of the form, just won't be matching people according to that line, which is the way she has been doing and everyone before her did, so if I get eitherbof you as a partner and I see you are allergic to nuts, I definitely won't send you any. Problems solved!! We really can't expect her to look at 150 plus names with allergies and allergies and try to match them up.

Back to the fun now! Lori,I hope you are feeling well!
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    ***Hey swappers, I got a PM from Lori that she had started sending out names and had an emergency and had to leave her apartment. She said she was okay but had to leave abruptly, so NOT to worry and she will have all the names distributed this evening! Sorry for the delay, but she wanted everyone to know that she WILL be back later to finish!!!***
    Thanks for letting us know, Sarah.
    Lori, I hope all is well with you and yours.
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    allergies have been part of the template since i started participating. i for one have very serious allergies so i would not want this dropped for me. cigarette smoke causes my asthma to flare (nebulizer alert)and nuts will send me to the hospital. i want my allergies noted on my template.

mary
    Mary, She did say the information would STAY on the sheet, but she wasn't able to SORT and combine names, so with the additional questions everyone will have a better idea of their SP's circumstances. I think that is a good idea and something for others to be aware of.
    My DD has 4 cats and my DH is very allergic, so I have a chicken pen in my garage, instead of a car to keep peace with everyone. LOL! But on my sheet, I say I have cats, because we really do.
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM

i was at an event recently, there was smoking allowed in the hallways but i had to walk through there to get outside to the parking area. i was in full asthma attack by time i made it outside. an ambulance had to be called. there are certain risks i will not take for the sake of fun because it stops being fun for me when it adversely effects my health.

as for taking meds if you have allergies or needing to if you don't: meds only help to manage your allergies not prevent triggers from causing you problems.

Originally Posted by Juli
    Shane has had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance when he was a little over a year old and his throat was almost closed up by the time he got to the hospital when he ate some peanut butter, so his allergy is as bad as mine is.
    Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    Hope all is OK
    Old 09-01-2011, 12:07 PM

that's very considerate of you candi.

Originally Posted by candi
    Ok, Mary and Juli, Lori is not dropping the allergies notation of the form, just won't be matching people according to that line, which is the way she has been doing and everyone before her did, so if I get eitherbof you as a partner and I see you are allergic to nuts, I definitely won't send you any. Problems solved!! We really can't expect her to look at 150 plus names with allergies and allergies and try to match them up.

Back to the fun now! Lori,I hope you are feeling well!