Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-20-2011, 07:15 AM

i got my package from roda monday and let me tell ya, no take that back let me show you what i got, she sent me 6 x-mas themed tea towles, a nummy candle, 2 wonderful patterns for girls, bobbin holders, emery boards, 3 nice fat quarters, humming bird pattern that i almost bought last week, a wonderful mug rug that she made, a keep sake box with nice old things in it and a cute little chicken i named her miss speckels.i think that is all sorry i just had to tell ya toooo. so to roda i love everything
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-259580.jpe   attachment-259581.jpe   attachment-259582.jpe   attachment-259592.jpe   attachment-259593.jpe  

Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 AM

I recieved my package from ButtonsGrow! It was filled with beautiful fabric, a cute pattern, some needles, a cute little mouse hanging ornament, a triangle template, some ric rac (been wanting to try that out) and a beautiful charm pack. I actually found a pattern for a tote bag using that exact charm pack and it has ric rac in it too! PERFECT!! Thank you so much!
    Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    OK. Here are the two New York Beauty blocks I made in class. And L :thumbup: :thumbup: K!!! The seams match up! Wheeee!
    WOW!!!! beautifuil job. I love it.
    Old 09-20-2011, 08:17 AM
    Power Poster

Looks like a bunch more nice swaps came in.Krystyne the blocks you made turned out great. I have just recently started doing paper piecing. I love it.I have made blocks that there is no way I could have made with out the paper piecing.They don't take very long to make either .I have to add that sometimes I don't have anything that the partner asks for.And maybe I don't have the money at the moment to buy some new items.So I like to put a few homemade items in my swap to help fill it out.I am home on disability so I have time more than money and I am able to make things.My swap partners have been nice enough to say they enjoy what I have made. Just because I do this and enjoy recieving hamemade items doesn't mean anyone else has to make items. Especially if you work or have children.Sometimes you don't have time to do this.So don't think everyone is down on you for sending a small swap. They are just as well enjoyed as any other swap.They come from the heart not the purse.Mary
    Old 09-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Just a quick note the packages recived are all beautiful and I think that everyone is doing a great job with what they are sending! Krystyna your block is BEAUTIFUL!! And I discovered paper pieceing last month and I LOVE it, it is not hard at all! It just takes some concentration! I will be off the board for awhile I have to take my friend to the ER! Talk to you all later and PEOPLE play nice while I am gone!! And another thing PLEASE PLEASE pm me when you get your packages as I am try to get Sept closed up so we can start the Oct fun!!
    Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 AM

cant wait till Oct swap please let us know when we can sign up for it
    Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
    Well swappers, I just got home from a 4 day camping trip with extended family and just look what I came home to--this wonderful swap package was waiting for me!!!! It had a book (which I have not read), a home made crocheted book mark, a skein of the softest yarn in a beautiful off white color, snowman dish towels, an adorable hanging snowman towel in the form of a dress that Kim made for me, doggie paw print stickers for my vehicle, quilters template plastic, a suede journal, four wonderful green fabrics, a 3 piece note pad set, and a wonderful (I call it a sewing buddy), it is a pin cushion with two pockets to put over the arm of a chair or couch that I believe she made for me....isn't is all just great??? I love everything and can't wait to dive into some new projects. I would like to thank Kim from the bottom of my heart. I do not have her screen name to thank her in a private message, but did send Lori a message to say I received it.....Once again, Kim, thank you so much, you are a great swap partner!!!!
    Sometimes, in fact most times, I can be such a dingbat! Kim put her screen name right on the package! Thanks to Honeebee. You are gonna get a good feedback from me! Wish I could make it bigger than positive, like AWESOMEST!!!!!!
    Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    when I first saw your avatar , know this is funny, I thought it was YOU!
    Originally Posted by selfhunter
    You are too hard on yourself. you are a very pretty lady
    And you are very sweet! Now that I am no longer working as a singer, my hair is long and brown with streaks of grey and most often in braids. I figure since I am almost a senior citizen and a "creative" type (haha) I can adopt that eccentric old lady look. Maybe I'll glue some seashells on my glasses to round out the style! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    It IS me! About 40 years ago. These days I pretty much look the same. Just a bit "fluffier". :cry:
    L :lol: VE that terminology - I'm going to use it in the future. Krystyna - your NY Beauty blocks turned out beautiful. I've seen several of these at quilt shows and dream of making one - maybe more like a wall hanging than a quilt because they seem intimidating to me.
    Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    when I first saw your avatar , know this is funny, I thought it was YOU!
    Originally Posted by selfhunter
    You are too hard on yourself. you are a very pretty lady
    And you are very sweet! Now that I am no longer working as a singer, my hair is long and brown with streaks of grey and most often in braids. I figure since I am almost a senior citizen and a "creative" type (haha) I can adopt that eccentric old lady look. Maybe I'll glue some seashells on my glasses to round out the style! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    It IS me! About 40 years ago. These days I pretty much look the same. Just a bit "fluffier". :cry:
    L :lol: VE that terminology - I'm going to use it in the future. Krystyna - your NY Beauty blocks turned out beautiful. I've seen several of these at quilt shows and dream of making one - maybe more like a wall hanging than a quilt because they seem intimidating to me.
    Koko, trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.
    Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 AM
    Swap Hosts

Faye! You stinker! You switched avatars! I always loved seeing your beautiful, smiling face having fun in the pool with your horribly pampered pup. Put it back!!!!