Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Faye! You stinker! You switched avatars! I always loved seeing your beautiful, smiling face having fun in the pool with your horribly pampered pup. Put it back!!!!
    OK, but I look awful in that picture.
    Old 09-20-2011, 01:31 PM

You guys would be so proud of me. Instead of lurking, I have actually been piecing my first quilt. I have been on here a while, learning, collecting fabrics, and STUFF! You know, all those things we have to have to quilt. I can't wait to finish. It is only a D9P for my DGD but I love it. Soon!
    Old 09-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    You guys would be so proud of me. Instead of lurking, I have actually been piecing my first quilt. I have been on here a while, learning, collecting fabrics, and STUFF! You know, all those things we have to have to quilt. I can't wait to finish. It is only a D9P for my DGD but I love it. Soon!
    Way to go Faye!! Post a picture to the board when you're finished. It amazes me that so many people get quilting projects made when they are not stalking or lurking.
    Old 09-20-2011, 01:37 PM

Awww..what a beautiful horsie panel!!

I'm still on the bench and the sun is out today, with 80+ weather. I can look at it, but all those BEES on that flower patch, can have it. lol I hates 'em.
    Old 09-20-2011, 02:13 PM

Whoo hoo I guessed correctly, sorry Tussy the squishie from Sheila-in-Erie was for me and I received it today.

It is just perfect, a postage stamp pin, scissors cookie cutter (who knew you could get one of those), applique needles, cutest buttons, book (fiction with a quilting theme so excited we don't have anything like that over here) Flavoured coffee again something totally new to me. A lovely tin with mints in and York Patties (had to share with my DGDs) and a lovely card with a bookmark attached, hope I haven't forgotten anything, thank you so much Sheila I truly loved all of it. Am going to try to attach a photograph.

Canny
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-259839.jpe  
    Old 09-20-2011, 02:16 PM

Look at all the pretty horses
    Originally Posted by roda
    OK SP dont hide from me your package is so great really need to tell you thank you over and over and the others might get tried of it. So Deborah thank you thank you thank you its wonderful. Look what I got and drool the rest of you, just love it.
    :shock:
    Old 09-20-2011, 02:18 PM

I thought my package had arrived today. I opened my mailbox and there was a priority mailer. I had ordered some 1930s fat quarters. They look awesome!
    Old 09-20-2011, 02:27 PM

Having successfully sent a picture of my SP package I am getting very adventurous and will try to post a picture or two of me taken on the Meditterean cruise I went on in August had a wonderfultime went with my brother and sister and our partners. Sadly my brother who was terminally ill died 9 days after we returned home.

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    :-D I just LoVe this board , especially the Secret Pal Group 8-) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Can we post a pic of ourselves. I want to see our great swap group. Mine is attached. I was at a Sunflower Festival last year. It is the first week in Oct. Unfortunately I will miss it this year for a very good cause. I will be in Myrtle Beach sticking my feet in the warm sand. ;)
    Me in St Peter's Square, Vatican City
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259905[/ATTACH]

Me all glammed up
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259906[/ATTACH]

Enjoying a wonderful meal
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259907[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-259852.jpe   attachment-259853.jpe   attachment-259854.jpe  
    Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM

one of my sept. secret pals sent me the nicest pm. i noticed she had not posted on the board since june 2011 so knew she may not see any hints i left. when i received her pm, she noted that she has not been feeling well. i asked her could i post some of her pm and package. with her permission i do so now.

for me, receiving pm's similar to this is really what it is all about for me. that i can add some brightness to another person's day makes it all worth it. we never know what others are going through and how we may impact their day.

from my secret pal:
    "I got my package today and it is WONDERFUL. ....I have had several bad days and today wasn't much better and then I get the package that just brightens up my whole day. Thank you again."

my secret pal mentioned she liked polka dots & frogs so i created a polka dot frog pincushion. i also sent a small something for her & her husband (the candles & coupons). i do hope that she starts to feel better real soon.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-259865.jpe  
    Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM

it is good that you had the opportunity to spend that time with your brother doing something enjoyably before he passed.

i took a cruise with my father who was terminally ill. we cruised to the bahamas and stayed on a wonderful resort for 5 days. my father and i had the opportunity to watch several sunrises and sunsets and not focus on his illness for a brief moment. his illness seemed to give us that break but once we returned home the illness took over.

i hope your family is well after your loss.

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Having successfully sent a picture of my SP package I am getting very adventurous and will try to post a picture or two of me taken on the Meditterean cruise I went on in August had a wonderfultime went with my brother and sister and our partners. Sadly my brother who was terminally ill died 9 days after we returned home.

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    :-D I just LoVe this board , especially the Secret Pal Group 8-) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Can we post a pic of ourselves. I want to see our great swap group. Mine is attached. I was at a Sunflower Festival last year. It is the first week in Oct. Unfortunately I will miss it this year for a very good cause. I will be in Myrtle Beach sticking my feet in the warm sand. ;)