Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Congratulations on new baby great grandaughter. I love making baby quilts have just finished one and have cut out another.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Robyn glad to see ya back on and posting. Candi will start stalking really soon. All new comers watch out. She will get hints out of you with out you even knowing what is happening.Deanna and Juli we sure did come really close to 200,but no cigar. Lori glad your elevator is working. That must have been awful on top of everything else. Sue don't do anything to make your eyes worse. Your health and eyesight is most important.I sure hope this next month is a healthier and happier one for all. I did get a brand new spanking baby great-grand-daughter this month.One possitive for the month.Of course I've started a quilt for her. it has 9 patch squares and baby buggie squares. alternated.Mary
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    Candi, I'm not picky, so when you get my name--go ahead and get me all the sale goodies you can find. LOL!!!
    Ditto. Mary
    Yup me too...LOL Robyn
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:25 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. No matter what number baby it is they are all so precious and sweet. I have been very blessed with kids,grandkids and great grand kids. Mary
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    Candi, I'm not picky, so when you get my name--go ahead and get me all the sale goodies you can find. LOL!!!
    Ditto. Mary
    Double ditto!
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:02 PM

thanks for your extra precautions mary. i was in a pincushion swap and it was discussed that some use walnut shells, sand or sawdust as stuffing for their pincushions. while it may be obvious not to send nut candies to someone who cannot tolerate it, irritants can also show up other places we least expect.

i am aware that those who do not suffer sever allergies may not understand the precautions those of us who do have to take. sometimes the comments the allergy free people make can seem so insensitive to those of us who may have life threatening allergies as seen in other postings on this board (but not necessarily this thread). when i see such flippant remarks i chalk it all up to a lack of knowledge more than insensitivity. either way, i will continue to express my opinion when it is something that can potentially effect my health.

mary

I know allergies can be very bad. Mary was my partner a couple months ago.( Hi other Mary in Mo.) I do not smoke or allow smoking in my house.I bought her items and left them in my truck till I was ready to wrap and send them. Home made items I made at my daughters. I have a cat. Outside only. It really wasn't hard to work around Mary's allergies.Also anything with nuts when people are allergic to them. Just don't send any foods. Or send coffee,tea,etc.Just add another sewing item instead of nuts or candy. I'm not allergic to anything but adhesives. So send me lots of goodies. no problem here.lol. I really feel sorry for those who do suffer them.It really isn't fun. Hope Lori is well and everything is good with her. Mary
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 PM

yes babies are all so precious. congratulations mary on your new great grandbaby. while i am not yet a great grandmother, i am a grandmother and love it. i would be so blessed if my days are numbered so that i can be here to see great grandchildren. one of my aunts left this life with a legacy of 88 decendants, all the way down to great-great grandchildren. what a rich legacy!

i am however a new great auntie, 1 niece was born 2 days ago (2 mos premie but well) and a great nephew born 3 months ago. i can't figure out how my nieces and nephews are getting so much older while i seem to be getting so much younger. :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. No matter what number baby it is they are all so precious and sweet. I have been very blessed with kids,grandkids and great grand kids. Mary
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 PM

I was told once that I was allergic to cats. At the time, I had a cat. The doctor told me that he would not help me unless I got rid of my cat. I got rid of the doctor. Now I have two dogs. My current doctor said my hives last year could have been caused by my dogs. They sleep in my bedroom. I told him I would not get rid of them. I currently take allergy shots for trees, grass, etc. I am so fortunate I am able to keep my allergies in line. I can not imagine dealing with some of the allergies people on this board have to deal with. Bless you all. We take our everyday surroundings in our life for granted. I did contact Lori when I was paired up with someone allergic to cigarette smoke because my husband smokes. He does not smoke in the house, but I did not want to trigger any problem for someone. I know Lori will do whatever possible for this swap to work out. Thanks for reading.
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:19 PM

when i was tested 8 yrs ago the allergist found that i was allergic to just about everything. i developed asthma 6 yrs ago as a result. i have been on allergy shots for 4 yrs now and it helps me to tolerate my environment (less upper respitory(sp?) infections). i told the allergist i was getting a cat and they told me not to also. i told them to make sure to put cat in my shots. when i got my first kitty 3 yrs ago i broke out often and couldnt breathe most of the time. when i got the second cat (my bengal avatar) i could not stand the smell of him for months. now we all live harmoneously together. i stay congested but their love towards me makes up for most of that.

Originally Posted by sustraley
    I was told once that I was allergic to cats. At the time, I had a cat. The doctor told me that he would not help me unless I got rid of my cat. I got rid of the doctor. Now I have two dogs. My current doctor said my hives last year could have been caused by my dogs. They sleep in my bedroom. I told him I would not get rid of them. I currently take allergy shots for trees, grass, etc. I am so fortunate I am able to keep my allergies in line. I can not imagine dealing with some of the allergies people on this board have to deal with. Bless you all. We take our everyday surroundings in our life for granted. I did contact Lori when I was paired up with someone allergic to cigarette smoke because my husband smokes. He does not smoke in the house, but I did not want to trigger any problem for someone. I know Lori will do whatever possible for this swap to work out. Thanks for reading.
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM

For Shane we have to take an eppy pen everywhere. Just like me is allergic to all nuts, but he is also allergic to bees, wasps, peas, most spices, wheat, nutmeg, raw eggs

Originally Posted by sustraley
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:31 PM

can't wait for the fun to start.