Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-23-2011, 03:54 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Got the new batteries for my camera so have taken some pictures of the awsome contents. The dog dental chew did not make it to the picture, Thorn my American Akita is sleeping with it! Also included but stored in the kitchen are a lovely set of a jug style cup measure and a little one. Both of them will be very handy for making the recipes posted on here and converting mine too.
    What a great package and the panel is amazingly beautiful.
    Old 09-23-2011, 03:55 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Tussymussy Lori said anyone getting sugar free chocolate has to share it with me.No really that is what she said.Ask Krystyna,It was at the same time she told her we all have to send our swaps to her this month.Really a nice swap you recieved. I love the red needle threaders.Pretty.Cute panel too. Mary
    She did. She said it. It was in the rules for September. See: "SEND ALL SUGARFREE CHOCOLATE TO TUSSYMUSSY- Signed Lori Peercy. Really. It is true. Completely.
    Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    My Dr added a pain patch to my list of meds. I only have to change it once a week. This is in addition to still taking the other pain meds. Hopefully I won't have a reaction to the adhesive on the patch. I've had problems with adhesives in the past. I stated using it this morning. It's helping a little, but they put me on the lowest does to start with.

Very nice packages everyone has received today.
    Arizonagirl, that is awful. I hope it will help without any adverse reactions.

Caramba, girls (and boys)! We're falling apart in this group. I wonder if they have a nursing home for falling apart quilters?
    Expecting to collapse soon myself. Son has strep and was a nice young man and shared. :hunf:
    Old 09-23-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Got the new batteries for my camera so have taken some pictures of the awsome contents. The dog dental chew did not make it to the picture, Thorn my American Akita is sleeping with it! Also included but stored in the kitchen are a lovely set of a jug style cup measure and a little one. Both of them will be very handy for making the recipes posted on here and converting mine too.
    Sue I really love that Panel, wish I could sneak it from you...LOL
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 PM
    Swap Hosts

Juli I hope that you and Shane are doing ok today. I know how hard it can be when having to deal with the lower life forms that are our ex's. I have to call mine today and discuss his lack of involvement with our children, especially Jon. I'm worried about him as he hasn't been getting out of the house lately. I talked to him about going to the library next week. But it would be great if his dad spent sometime with him. It's been months since he has even seen him. My son has always handled the accident that left him paralyzed extremely well. But it has to hurt that you dad has no time for you. I so don't want to call him. I don't talk to him unless I absolutely have to.
    Boy I was in this spot when my kids were little. Some men just don't connect to their kids. My husband now has always been a very good step-dad. I was lucky the second time around.As my kids got older they realized it's his problem not theirs. I hope your son finds this out soon. It breaks your heart when they are little and still want to see their dad. My son calls his father the sperm donor when he talks of him. which is very rare.My son is 38 now.He grew to be a wonderful father to his own kids.I wish I could tell him it's not his fault and give him a big gramma hug.It's just something he has to deal with.It's just not fair. I'm sorry Mary
    I got rid of mine when I was about 2 months pregnant. Married my best friend who was also my birth coach and he adopted my son. Still married even though he is a MAJOR PITA at times. But to be fair, so am I. I am very good at being a PITA. He is off the hook for now. This afternoon he drove me to a large Joann's that is almost an hour away, then lugged around all the bargains I found ... would you believe batiks for $1.50/yard??? Tons of lace for the business. So much for decluttering.
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:21 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Juli I hope that you and Shane are doing ok today. I know how hard it can be when having to deal with the lower life forms that are our ex's. I have to call mine today and discuss his lack of involvement with our children, especially Jon. I'm worried about him as he hasn't been getting out of the house lately. I talked to him about going to the library next week. But it would be great if his dad spent sometime with him. It's been months since he has even seen him. My son has always handled the accident that left him paralyzed extremely well. But it has to hurt that you dad has no time for you. I so don't want to call him. I don't talk to him unless I absolutely have to.
    Boy I was in this spot when my kids were little. Some men just don't connect to their kids. My husband now has always been a very good step-dad. I was lucky the second time around.As my kids got older they realized it's his problem not theirs. I hope your son finds this out soon. It breaks your heart when they are little and still want to see their dad. My son calls his father the sperm donor when he talks of him. which is very rare.My son is 38 now.He grew to be a wonderful father to his own kids.I wish I could tell him it's not his fault and give him a big gramma hug.It's just something he has to deal with.It's just not fair. I'm sorry Mary
    I got rid of mine when I was about 2 months pregnant. Married my best friend who was also my birth coach and he adopted my son. Still married even though he is a MAJOR PITA at times. But to be fair, so am I. I am very good at being a PITA. He is off the hook for now. This afternoon he drove me to a large Joann's that is almost an hour away, then lugged around all the bargains I found ... would you believe batiks for $1.50/yard??? Tons of lace for the business. So much for decluttering.
    just count the decluttering as making more room for more fabrics.
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM

My Dr added a pain patch to my list of meds. I only have to change it once a week. This is in addition to still taking the other pain meds. Hopefully I won't have a reaction to the adhesive on the patch. I've had problems with adhesives in the past. I stated using it this morning. It's helping a little, but they put me on the lowest does to start with.

Very nice packages everyone has received today.
    Arizonagirl, that is awful. I hope it will help without any adverse reactions.

Caramba, girls (and boys)! We're falling apart in this group. I wonder if they have a nursing home for falling apart quilters?
    Expecting to collapse soon myself. Son has strep and was a nice young man and shared. :hunf:

You KNOW..... That WOULD be fun - to live in an "old folks" home strictly for quilters and crafters.
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Krystyna - How did you get into that business and how long have you been doing it? Sounds fascinating!!! SharonAnne
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM

Is there any room on the bench for me...........I've got a bag of Candy Corn.......the ones with the chocolate bottoms...................still waiting for my package to arrive.........
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski
    Is there any room on the bench for me...........I've got a bag of Candy Corn.......the ones with the chocolate bottoms...................still waiting for my package to arrive.........
    There is always room for one more!
    I made some Chocolate Chunk Cookies with dark chocolate, so if someone has milk or coffee, we can munch and talk.
    I love the candy corn with the brown bottoms--want to trade goodies?