Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM

Ghee I've never tried Spanish nuts with Candy corn......sounds very interesting.............and Dylan is sleeping in a box so I'll put the cover on it and be right over...........he's my boy and would love to meet you precious kitty............sharing is so much fun.............
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Well, on a happy note, I received a surprise from Koko today! I don't know why, except that I was demanding ALL the packages. Anyway she sent me some adorable fabric - one with chocolate yummies and another with sweet prim angels. Thank you so much and I LOVE them.
    It's probably cause your so special.
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 PM

Well, on a happy note, I received a surprise from Koko today! I don't know why, except that I was demanding ALL the packages. Anyway she sent me some adorable fabric - one with chocolate yummies and another with sweet prim angels. Thank you so much and I LOVE them.
    Glad your mailbox has been emptied out of the bugs, lizzards and frogs....maybe you're on a roll of good fortune now :lol:
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Juli I hope that you and Shane are doing ok today. I know how hard it can be when having to deal with the lower life forms that are our ex's. I have to call mine today and discuss his lack of involvement with our children, especially Jon. I'm worried about him as he hasn't been getting out of the house lately. I talked to him about going to the library next week. But it would be great if his dad spent sometime with him. It's been months since he has even seen him. My son has always handled the accident that left him paralyzed extremely well. But it has to hurt that you dad has no time for you. I so don't want to call him. I don't talk to him unless I absolutely have to.
    Boy I was in this spot when my kids were little. Some men just don't connect to their kids. My husband now has always been a very good step-dad. I was lucky the second time around.As my kids got older they realized it's his problem not theirs. I hope your son finds this out soon. It breaks your heart when they are little and still want to see their dad. My son calls his father the sperm donor when he talks of him. which is very rare.My son is 38 now.He grew to be a wonderful father to his own kids.I wish I could tell him it's not his fault and give him a big gramma hug.It's just something he has to deal with.It's just not fair. I'm sorry Mary
    I got rid of mine when I was about 2 months pregnant. Married my best friend who was also my birth coach and he adopted my son. Still married even though he is a MAJOR PITA at times. But to be fair, so am I. I am very good at being a PITA. He is off the hook for now. This afternoon he drove me to a large Joann's that is almost an hour away, then lugged around all the bargains I found ... would you believe batiks for $1.50/yard??? Tons of lace for the business. So much for decluttering.
    What? You got batiks for $1.50. How come mine never has some for that price? How do you think I lost all that weight. I got rid of 260 pounds of dead weight when I left my ex and would you believe all the weight just melted off. I didn't diet or anything. I was over weight due to stress. I don't eat anymore or less than I did then either.
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    My Dr added a pain patch to my list of meds. I only have to change it once a week. This is in addition to still taking the other pain meds. Hopefully I won't have a reaction to the adhesive on the patch. I've had problems with adhesives in the past. I stated using it this morning. It's helping a little, but they put me on the lowest does to start with.

Very nice packages everyone has received today.
    Arizonagirl, that is awful. I hope it will help without any adverse reactions.

Caramba, girls (and boys)! We're falling apart in this group. I wonder if they have a nursing home for falling apart quilters?
    Expecting to collapse soon myself. Son has strep and was a nice young man and shared. :hunf:

You KNOW..... That WOULD be fun - to live in an "old folks" home strictly for quilters and crafters.
    Let me know when my room is ready for me. It will come with a sewing room also right? And in the day room there will be long arm machines for everyone to use.
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Best wishes going out to Shane and Marty and hoping they are feeling better soon.

I enjoyed seeing all of the pics everyone posted of themselves .. it is funny how you picture someone that you have never seen before and when you see their picture it isn't what you imagined at all.

Also lots of fabulous packages this month!!! The swaps seem to be getting better and better every month.

Well I am off to go to sign up for the October Swap and then off the bench I go while I wait for my package to arrive ... I think I will be tacos with me as that is what I feel like eating for supper tonite ... anyone else want any???
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 PM

KOKO,

I used to own a chocolate sculpting business, but the largest thing I ever made was a golf course replica for a wedding and that was only about 3'x3'. The moose is great!!!

SharonAnne
    Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    KOKO,

I used to own a chocolate sculpting business, but the largest thing I ever made was a golf course replica for a wedding and that was only about 3'x3'. The moose is great!!!

SharonAnne
    Great candy shop overall
    Old 09-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Tacos yum! I'll have some. I just finished my last 2 lindt truffles my sp Arizonagirl sent. Thanks again. Tomorrow if DD doesn't go lobstering then we are going to a Sylvia's quilting day. Once a month a bunch of us get together to do Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. We don't meet in the summer months, so in the last 9 months I got about 21 blocks done. I figure at this rate I will be 7 years completing the top. I figure when I die someone will have lots of fun with all of my ufo projects. My goal is to at least get the tops done, at least then someone can longarm them to complete them. DD has enough of her own unfinished projects, she don't need mine. I am starting 3 new quilts, but plan on trying to finish a couple tops by next year.
    Everyones pkg are great. I love that panel and the Quilt Diva for the window. I have that pattern and hope some day to do it. I think Quilt diva is so funny.
    Old 09-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    I'm still on the bench. I have some awesome cookies from a bake sale at work today.
    Hopefully, tomorrow will be your day!