Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    TOOMANYUFOs Very nice swap. Really cute fabrics. What is the blue thing next to the uh oh EMPTY candy bag?? Mary
    It is an automatic needle threader for hand sewing. It was the one item I really wanted.
    Really? I've never heard of those, I WANT ONE OCT SP!!!!!
    Old 09-25-2011, 05:44 AM

Where is Candi? anyone know?
    Old 09-25-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    The Great De-cluttering continues ... with the big stuff gone (2 boats, one sofa, one coffee table, all the rugs, two garbage bags of pooty fabric) I am now moving through the small stuff.

Anyone want a big old pile of lace scraps, brocade and metallic fabric sample scraps? Maybe nice for a stained glass quilt? I made a little sparkly extra quilt from some of it for the doll quilt swap a month or two ago.

Going once ... going twice ...
    I'd like some if you still have it.
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 AM
    Power Poster

Yeah where is Candi??. That's why it's sooo quiet.Her and Krystyna were both gone at the same time.Hope your feeling better Krystyna.I came down with a cold this weekend. I guess it's the change in the weather.I've seen the auto threaders but never knew anyone who had one. Let us know if it is worth the time and money to get one. For some reason manufacturers are make the thread thicker and the needle holes smaller. No really. I noticed that a few years ago.I seem to have more and more trouble threading them. When I was in my twentys the holes were bigger cause I could thread one with no trouble.Have a good sunday everyone. Mary
    Old 09-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Yeah where is Candi??. That's why it's sooo quiet.Her and Krystyna were both gone at the same time.Hope your feeling better Krystyna.I came down with a cold this weekend. I guess it's the change in the weather.I've seen the auto threaders but never knew anyone who had one. Let us know if it is worth the time and money to get one. For some reason manufacturers are make the thread thicker and the needle holes smaller. No really. I noticed that a few years ago.I seem to have more and more trouble threading them. When I was in my twentys the holes were bigger cause I could thread one with no trouble.Have a good sunday everyone. Mary
    I had exactly the same problem! Then they made me wear glasses and the eyes of the needles got magically bigger.
    Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
    Swap Hosts

***Somewhere *** I have two of those vintage needle threaders. Will let everyone know when they surface.
    Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by soniboo
    koko: My avatar picture was taken with Lenny the chocolate moose in Maine last year - fun trip

Lenny the Chocolate Moose, how awesome! Down here he would be Lenny the Chocolate Mess. Will he last indefinitely or will he be enjoyed piece by piece? Nice picture of you too. :thumbup:

Lenny has an air conditioned environment and fencing around him so no one nibbles on or touches him but you can take as many pictures with him as you like. Not sure how long he's been there or how long he'll stay but he's pretty impressive. The candies for sale at this shop were delicious so I imagine Lenny would have been tasty in his day as well!![/quote]

Thanks for the info koko; I declare Lenny is the prettiest most delicious looking moose I've ever seen! It's probably good that I'm not there because seeing a grown "mature" woman staring at him and drooling like a teething baby would not be a pretty sight! :roll:
    Old 09-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Hi all....need to post my picture of goodies from kimcruzer..they were all so awesome!! Hope everyone has had a good weekend...I'm finishing my final boarder on a round robin I joined last year...glad it's over...it was fun but don't think I'll another one..anyway, my package of goodies :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-262084.jpe   attachment-262085.jpe  
    Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Hi all....need to post my picture of goodies from kimcruzer..they were all so awesome!! Hope everyone has had a good weekend...I'm finishing my final boarder on a round robin I joined last year...glad it's over...it was fun but don't think I'll another one..anyway, my package of goodies :)
    Nice package, but that tea is MINE! Give!!!
    Old 09-25-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by brenda21
    Nice package, but that tea is MINE! Give!!!
    well at least you're asking for more reasonable items!!! NOT pups in pearls!!