Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks to everyone who commented on my chemo caps. I much appreciate the feedback. Maybe one of these days, I'll set up a website for them (that's going to take some help from a friend who offered a long time ago, though - I'm not exactly a techie).
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    LORI - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Marty. She is very fortunate to have such a wonderful friend who will be there holding her hand with love every step of the way. If she needs any, I'll be happy to send (donate) some chemotherapy caps if/when the time comes that she needs them. I've attached a couple of photos as a sample. I can do them in stretch velour, stretch satin, and knits depending on how much warmth is desired. I can even do glitzy evening wear for holiday parties. These are comfy, cozy, and soft. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
    Sharon thank you very much for your offer it is very generous! If and when it is needed I will be in touch with you. Thank you so much for thinking of her!
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 PM

Can I get a head count of how many are still on the bench? I may have messed up on getting things posted while I was at the hospital. I did not have wireless internet at the hotel I stayed at, wouldn't work in the room. So if you have not received please send me a pm so I can check against the list I have here. thank you all very much for all of your heartfelt comments and words of encouragement and love. Lori
    Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM

I have 27 still waiting on the bench but need to make sure! 10 of those are involving involving international mailings. (Either maiing or receiveing)
    Old 09-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Something extra coming to somebody ... but who???
    Tracking 9405 5036 9930 0228 8131 77
    It was for me. I'm the lucky person. This is the best smelling package I have ever gotten. I am a scent person. I love to use scented candles and incenses all the time. Krystyna sent the most wonderful surprise package. I got one of my favorite snacks: turtle chex mix, hot wheels cars for my collection. DH and I have tons of hot wheels cars, a small potpourri pouch that she made with lace, a bag of beads and buttons, beautiful pins, 2 sets of blocks, one is farm animals and one is flowers. And she also sent at least a yard of pink and black girlie goth fabric that I just love. Thanks so much Krystyna it came at the perfect time. I really needed a pick me up. I love everything you sent to me.

Robyn
    OH OH Oh I love that skull fabric. What a great package.
    Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Brenda does some beautiful scissor fobs.She sells them for a reasonable price. I have seen some she made with sewing charms on the end.Sharonanne your chemo caps are very smart looking. Good job.Tomanyufos glad you joined the ornament swap. We had fun last year. Brenda21 was our host then also. She is fabulous at it. Mary
    Thank you for the compliments on the fobs and on the ornament swap...it is a fun one and I hope all of you sign up

:thumbup:
    Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I received an AWESOME package in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU ROBIN!

I am not sure her board name... she signed it "Chase". The pincushions are absolutely adorable. My daughter wants to poke all my pins into them for me. The fabrics are definitely colors I use and the buttons are really nifty! I love the pins too. I have not seen those before. I can certainly use the rotary cutter blades and the needles too. The thread is very nice and the notepads will be put to use very soon. Thanks again!!!!
    Hey Misty!!

Glad you liked the goodies. I had to resist the urge to put the pins in it. :)
    I had a lot of fun gathering up everything for my second package to you.
    I got those pins at JoAnn's , they are just too cute.

Chase
    Old 09-26-2011, 01:01 AM

I know that it is late and that I should be asleep but that seems to be far away right now. I am so thankful of all the good wishes and prayers that being sent upward on Marty's behalf! It means so much to me and right now this swap helps me to think of something else for a change. And for that I thank you all!
    Old 09-26-2011, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I know that it is late and that I should be asleep but that seems to be far away right now. I am so thankful of all the good wishes and prayers that being sent upward on Marty's behalf! It means so much to me and right now this swap helps me to think of something else for a change. And for that I thank you all!
    We all think a lot of you Lori and as Marty is your friend, then she must be someone special. So, that is why we all wish her well and include her in prayers.

Remember to take care of yourself too, Lori.
    Old 09-26-2011, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Can I get a head count of how many are still on the bench? I may have messed up on getting things posted while I was at the hospital. I did not have wireless internet at the hotel I stayed at, wouldn't work in the room. So if you have not received please send me a pm so I can check against the list I have here. thank you all very much for all of your heartfelt comments and words of encouragement and love. Lori
    Good Morning Lori,

I tried to send you a PM this morning but it will not allow msgs be sent so I will try to respond on this thread. I am on the bench this month.

I would also like to sign up for the October SP Swap and will try again later to send my info to you. Possibly there is a glitch in the system.

I just returned from a wonderful weekend in Ogunquit, Maine. It is great to see all the lovely packages being received! My thoughts and prayers are with you Lori and your dear friend, Marti!

Hugs, Maureen aka Moedeenie