Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-26-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Will we be doing this swap in Dec? Just wondering about joining the secret santa or the New year one. I will do this one first and then maybe another one. Joined the ornament one.
    I'm glad you mentioned the Ornament Swap as I didn't see it...
    For the first time in 18 years we will have a tree, we moved from MI to FL and gave all the ornies to our son, and just kept a little tree, so am collecting hand made ornaments this year for our tree...
    AM making some as well..
    Will sign up for the swap..
    Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 AM

It has been a rough couple of days for me and family members. My mother broke her hip on Memorial Day which for anyone is difficult to deal with but for a frail elderly person it can be devastating. Coupled with that is her declining health due to Alzheimer's. Together it has been a tough journey for all involved. Hospice is involved now and I just ask for prayers of comfort for her and strength for us. It's really in the hands of the angels now.
    Old 09-26-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by koko
    It has been a rough couple of days for me and family members. My mother broke her hip on Memorial Day which for anyone is difficult to deal with but for a frail elderly person it can be devastating. Coupled with that is her declining health due to Alzheimer's. Together it has been a tough journey for all involved. Hospice is involved now and I just ask for prayers of comfort for her and strength for us. It's really in the hands of the angels now.
    koko, am in the exact same boat as you only my mother broke her hip yrs ago but she has lung cancer now and is in hospice but I take care of her here at home. So my heart and prayers go out to you as well. Hugs
    Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 AM

Lori, Koko,& mscupid804~Teresa, You're all in my prayers. Gotta start writing all these prayer request down so as not to forget.

Decided to join the New Year swap as well as the ornament one.
    Old 09-26-2011, 05:21 AM

Hi Everyone! Been in Ga helping DD, SIL and Gkids. They were in Okinawa for over 4 yrs and have moved into the first house they have ever owned! Very exciting! DH was helping to put up a privacy fence (almost an acre) and I was helping DD unpack all of her stuff that has been in storage since they left the US. Nice pkgs everyone, sorry to hear about your friend Marty, Lori. Will also be praying for Koko's Mom and family. Missed this answer, is there a Dec. sp swap or do we need to sign for the Secret Santa Swap?
    Old 09-26-2011, 05:21 AM

Lori.......I'm still on the bench.........hopefully today will be my lucky day.......
    Old 09-26-2011, 05:44 AM

Thinking of everyone who is helping with others and especially the elderly. My mom is nearly 90 and fell and broke a rib, but is doing so well. We children all watch out for her, but never know what the future holds.
    Here is a snapshot of the package I sent to my secret pal. En
    joyed putting it together.
    I am in other swaps this month and am going to miss this one.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-262406.jpe  
    Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 AM

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Been there..........my heart goes out to you, your family and your mother. Tons of prayers will be said daily for all of you.
    Old 09-26-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    koko, am in the exact same boat as you only my mother broke her hip yrs ago but she has lung cancer now and is in hospice but I take care of her here at home. So my heart and prayers go out to you as well. Hugs
    ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) and tons of prayers for all of you also !!!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-26-2011, 06:24 AM

Morning evertyne sorry to hear that there are so many going through so many hard times. I know that it is difficult to see a loved one hurting and being powerless to help! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you! Lori