Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-26-2011, 07:41 AM

Good morning everyone - I am so hopeful that my sp will receive her package today - it's been on a 10 day tour - hopefully today it will finally arrive at it's final destination.
    Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo
    Thinking of everyone who is helping with others and especially the elderly. My mom is nearly 90 and fell and broke a rib, but is doing so well. We children all watch out for her, but never know what the future holds.
    Here is a snapshot of the package I sent to my secret pal. En
    joyed putting it together.
    I am in other swaps this month and am going to miss this one.
    What a beautiful package you mailed to your Secret Pal! All of the handmade items and fabrics are so lovely! The added treats are a nice touch, too!

Sorry to hear about your Mom but glad to hear that you and your family are there to comfort her.

It's not too late to reconsider joining us in October! If not, I sure hope you will join us again soon!

Best Wishes to you and your family!!!
    Old 09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
    Power Poster

My goodness. So many problems. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.Hope the future is brighter for everyone.Mary
    Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by koko
    It has been a rough couple of days for me and family members. My mother broke her hip on Memorial Day which for anyone is difficult to deal with but for a frail elderly person it can be devastating. Coupled with that is her declining health due to Alzheimer's. Together it has been a tough journey for all involved. Hospice is involved now and I just ask for prayers of comfort for her and strength for us. It's really in the hands of the angels now.
    Koko, I am so sorry for your mother and for all who love her. I hope that you have found a caring hospice. My sister has worked in that area for decades and I know how important it is for the one who is ill but also for family members. You are all in my prayers.
    Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    Originally Posted by koko
    It has been a rough couple of days for me and family members. My mother broke her hip on Memorial Day which for anyone is difficult to deal with but for a frail elderly person it can be devastating. Coupled with that is her declining health due to Alzheimer's. Together it has been a tough journey for all involved. Hospice is involved now and I just ask for prayers of comfort for her and strength for us. It's really in the hands of the angels now.
    koko, am in the exact same boat as you only my mother broke her hip yrs ago but she has lung cancer now and is in hospice but I take care of her here at home. So my heart and prayers go out to you as well. Hugs
    I am saying prayers for both of you and your families.
    Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    [koko, am in the exact same boat as you only my mother broke her hip yrs ago but she has lung cancer now and is in hospice but I take care of her here at home. So my heart and prayers go out to you as well. Hugs
    Oh, no. Praying for you and your mom, too.
    Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Morning evertone sorry to hear that there ae so many going through so many hard times. I know that it is difficult to see a loved one hurting and being powerless to help! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you! Lori
    Oh, Lori, I am so sorry about Marty. You are a good friend and I only hope you are taking care of yourself, too. Will give you a jingle later.
    Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
    Power Poster

jillnjoe very cute swap.Love the homemade goodies and the fabric.You put togther a very nice swap.Good luck to you and your mom.Sorry you won't be in next months swap. Mary.
    Old 09-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Ok haven't been on the board for a few days, so sorry to hear everyones news, will be thinking of you all.

Thought I would start to post some clues as to who my SP package is on its way to. It was posted over a week ago so should be through customs by now and making its way to a zip code that has a total of 23.

New clue tomorrow.

Canny
    Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Awesome swaps being received.
    Sorry to hear of so many hurts and illnesses. Prayers to all that things turn around for each and everyone of you. (((HUGS)))
    Have not been on the board too much. Daughter had her second cancer surgery and still having some issues with hearing. Will be going for radiation in Oct.
    I am still on the bench Lori, but I know my pal mailed the pressie on Sept 10. It is probably sitting in customs. My pal is a newbie and I know she is worried that my pressie hasn't come yet. (She had a friend send a note of inquiry, so sweet of her). Having brownies and chocolate milk as I wait. Dar