Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Toomanyufos,
    Eeek, I love dogs but eek. Sorry, and yes, toss that little bit of water or use a sharpie to really color the cap and write on the bottle DOG WATER and hopefully that will alert you before start drinking it.
    Old 09-28-2011, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Just wanted to let you know that I have received my firmy last night in the mail.

My package was from Connie aka mtquilter09.

She did a fabulous job!!!

I received wild huckleberries covered in chocolate, Rocky Mountain wild huckleberry chocolate bar (I so love chocolate), decorative thimble (which I collect), quilters emergency kit (we can always have one of these), homemade blackberry jam (which is delicious as I had some on my toast this morning), mini calendar with pics of different islands (I carry one of these in my purse with all of my appointments in), Soup cook book (I love soups and have a pot on the stove almost every day during the cold weather), 2 magazines Stitches and Quilt Life (I love looking through magazines and reading the stories in the evening before bed), Quilt in a Day Log Cabin Book (I will really enjoy this as I dont have this book and I am a beginner quilter and it looks like it would be easy for me to do); package of 105 skeins of floss (for my cross stitching addiction), an autumn basket (will be put on my dining room table for Thanksgiving), 2 purple fat quarters, a stack of purple charms, and 2 pieces of purple fabric to be used for my purple quilt that I will be making, a Humming bird Stationery Set, a Dress purse holder ... I will be using for my cell phone and debit/credit cards when I go shopping and also a basketcase with a jellyroll and pattern inside for a quilt.

Take a look at the wonderful package she has sent to me ... try and not be too jealous!!! She has done an awesome job.
    What a fantastic package and carry on enjoying. Connie creates an awesome one. I was lucky enough to be her SP a couple of months of go. She absolutely stunned me!
    Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Glad your alright. We miss hearing from you. It's been really quiet here. Kinda spooky.Mary
    Thanks, Mary. The mail delay gave me a scare, so I was in a nervous mood if that makes sense, lol. And still trying to catch on sleep, working the night shift is challenging, lol. Didn't realize I haven't posted for a few days, and I see you are saying that I am noisy and it got quiet when I wasn't here..should I take that as a good thing? :mrgreen:
    Noooooooooo or perhaps Yes! :lol: I guess that as we are getting to the end of the this month's swap that people's interest has wained a little. Chuckled at Mary's comment that chickens are white and black. Don't you have any of the fancies? Our chicks are a beautiful yellow when they hatch and then grow up to be a golden brown. Then the fancies; they are gorgeous. I love the ones that have feathers all down their legs.

Never seen a pink and lavender one. I reckon you are hallucinating! Been pinching Lori's meds when she wasn't watching?
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:17 AM

The water story is pretty gross, but funny! Taking my dog camping this weekend - I will try to stay out of her water!

Can't wait till Candi gets her laptop! Her pictures should be pretty interesting.

Yoo hoo! Arizona, where are you? How are you doing?

Everyone has been receiving super packages! Wonder what October will bring!

I hope everyone is feeling better - seems like quite a few on here are not feeling well. Maybe it's something in the water (sorry, couldn't resist). Seriously, I hope that all medical problems are being resolved.
    Old 09-28-2011, 04:10 AM

What a great package you received Stacey from Mtquilter09! You sure will be styling with that beautiful dress purse! I can't wait to see the jellyroll quilt, and what a cute basket case it came in! Sounds like Candi received some wonderful goodies, too! And a new laptop to boot...Come on Thursday!!! We want to see Candi's pictures!

It's been a tough month for so many of our quilting friends, with sickness, loss of loved ones and massive flooding damage. I hope and pray that October is a better month for everyone!

Lots of postal delays this month as well. I know they are considering closing/consolidating several post offices in our area and possibly discontinuing the Saturday deliveries. Our SP swap is doing it's part to keep the USPS up and running!!!

I think I will spend this rainy day making some handmade goodies for my October Secret Pal with some of the beautiful fabric I picked up in Maine over the weekend. One shop had over 8000 bolts of fabric...Thank goodness there was a Cabela's nearby for my dear husband to shop for hunting and fishing supplies!!!

Have a great day everyone!
    Old 09-28-2011, 04:11 AM
    Swap Hosts

Still interested and still reading. But, it is dark out these days and I am preparing to crawl back under my rock until spring.

Actually, have been extremely busy making veils and trying to cut all my lace yardage so I can get the gigantic cutting table out of my living room and (hopefully) into the garage. Or maybe someone else's house! Just no room for anything in this teeny tiny cottage.

It was perfect when we bought it - our son was only 5 years old and very small - and I wasn't working out of the house (and making a mess) When my son finally grew up, I was hoping that he would be out of the house and into the seminary - but he came back - and now his girlfriend (fiancee if he finds a job) is here a LOT. When I first met her I didn't care for her at all, but she has grown on us, so ... I guess I'd better get used to her.

My fingers and toes are crossed - I had the oil burner cleaned the other day and turns out my son knows the technician. I pulled him aside and told him to ask about getting a job there. He went in for an interview and will hear back on Saturday. The man he spoke with said they were ONLY looking for people who wanted a career and he said that's what he wanted. (Please, God!) I guess I should start a novena.

Speaking of tiny cottages ... in my decluttering binge I think I mentioned tossing out the sofa. A few years ago we bought the sofa and two reclining wing chairs for $100 at an estate sale. They were virtually new. The people we got them from bought them to spiff up their house to sell it. The sofa looked terrific, but soon became really uncomfortable and really hurt my back. So I tossed it (and my back is just fine now). We went shopping at Bob's Furniture for a sofa and loveseat and I was extremely upset that nothing would fit in the room. The room goes across the front of the house and we have a formal dining room table on the other side -- but in the middle of the room there is wasted space due to French doors and a fireplace. (that's where the cutting table is right now).

So, after accusing my husband of not knowing how to measure, coming home and measuring again, we went back and settled on two reclining loveseats. (Waving goodbye to his LazyBoy) I'm not crazy about the color, but I can always make quilts to toss over them! It's just so odd that not one single full sofa fit there when the one we had did and the one before it (Castro convertible) did too. I'll keep the wing chairs for extra company although I'd rather not.

As for Candi and all of her mysterious packages -- all will be explained soon, I'm sure. But not by me.

Back to sewing.
    Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 AM

Krystana, why not by you?? :mrgreen: I am sure you want to tell me :XD:

Tussy, I am sure you know that pink and lavender chicken pretty well, I mean you named her!!!! Come on, tell me it was from you :mrgreen:

Thomp and moedine, do either of you happen to live near Ripley? I enjoyed of the teas yesterday :thumbup:

And I also enjoyed that yummy Godiva bar you sent Krystana, it was exactly what I needed before heading to work :mrgreen: :P
    Old 09-28-2011, 05:08 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by candi
    Krystana, why not by you?? :mrgreen: I am sure you want to tell me :XD:

Tussy, I am sure you know that pink and lavender chicken pretty well, I mean you named her!!!! Come on, tell me it was from you :mrgreen:

Thomp and moedine, do either of you happen to live near Ripley? I enjoyed of the teas yesterday :thumbup:

And I also enjoyed that yummy Godiva bar you sent Krystana, it was exactly what I needed before heading to work :mrgreen: :P
    I don't know anything. And I did not send you a Godiva bar. I would have eaten it myself! And I don't know why you got all those packages when *I* was supposed to get them ALL this month. Not a happy camper. :(
    Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Went to an orchard on Sunday and picked apples so I'll bring by a basket for all the benchwarmers. hopefully you will be off soon!
    And yes the posting have slowed down some, but it isn't all bad-if you don't get on for a day and come to see what's up it doesn't take hours to read every thing, and one must read everything or you might miss a good adventure. Toomanyufos-glad you survived but I have heard that dogs mounths have fewer germs than human mouths, but I'm not testing it out. I'll just wait to see how you fare on this one.
    Krystyna I sympathize with your furniture endeavor. We have an old house with small rooms compared to those built in the last half of the 20th century and when I was looking for a sofa it took forever. I wanted one 85" (or less) some stores didn't have even one that short, most were at least 95" long, and stores that did would have just one model but often there would be something with them that wouldn't work for me. I finally found one that meet needs and was 88" so I went with that.

Hope it is a good day for everyone, Lori hope your friend Marty is doing well.
    Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 AM
    Swap Hosts

Aside from the length issue, most of the sofas are 40" deep. I just don't understand how my room shrank. When I was still an active musician I had two full sized upright basses and a keyboard in the living room, too. Another thing I want to get rid of is the red eye Singer in the cabinet we picked up. I've gotten to like the look of emptiness!

And for anyone who is still reading this thread, it is not customary for swappers to get 57 different packages at all. Something stinky is going on here. :mrgreen:

Not sure I'm going to do the swap next month. I am really swamped.