Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 PM

Moedeenie, I have heard of Calico Basket, but have never been there. My friend go to all of them on the shop hops. I didn't know that had that many bolts. I haven't heard of the other shop you mentioned.
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Krystyna, very pretty veils.
    I'll gladly make you some pincushions. Should I mail them to the address on the flat rate envelope that contained the fabrics, snake and Godiva bar you sent me?

Wandalou and Cloverpatch, great packages.

Catpawski and Kim, hope you both get your packages soon. Are you the only two left waiting? would you like some hot chocolate?
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:07 PM

And Thomp, interesting about Ripley, is that where you live? I have a feeling that it is :XD: Another tea bag was enjoyed today, thank you :mrgreen:
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM

I received the nicest package from Meg "girlsfour" today. She sent the greatest round sewing box with a very large tomato pincushion top & strawberry...the bottom is covered with sewing notions & threads fabric, I am so loving it! Also the cutest kitties bookmark that looks like our two cats and an orange one that looks like our grandcat; a sweet trio set of different (not orange round) pumpkins that are already on the buffet and look so nice. A polka dot fat quarter was hiding inside the sewing box and I love everything! Thanks Meg!

DD borrowed my camera when they came over last weekend because she forgot hers. They don't live close so no picture, sorry. (She wanted pictures of our sweet grandbaby with both her great-grandmothers when they left to go visit them and had forgotten hers at home.)
    Old 09-28-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Maybe I'll get back on but ONLY if everyone (YES EVERYONE) promises to make me one of each of these:
    http://www.bhg.com/crafts/sewing/acc...ail=3557281762
    Not too hopeful since the rules of this month's swap went out the window despite Lori's directive below:

Originally Posted by LoriPeercy
    This month you are to send ALL packages to Krystyna during the FIRST week of the month.
    Nice pattern Krystyna! PM me your address and I will get one off to you early next week! These are adorable! Thanks again for sharing the patterns!
    You need to click on the link to the right that says "show all thumbnails" - there are about 20 of them for you to make me!
    :mrgreen:
    HAHA. Ok, it looks like we need a Pincushion SWAP and Krystyna is going to run it. Is that good with everyone? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    sounds good to me! Count me in
    Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM

There have been pin cushion swaps on here. I am too lazy right now to pause my movie and look it up! LOL, but from what I gathered it was a success and a lot of fun. A lot of really talented pin cushion makers on this board! I say if you want to host one Go for it!
    Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 PM

Thanks, Faye. Kim, I don't know, but hopefully I will remember to check their site in a month to see if they took photos. I have lots of diplomats and politicians who buy my veils to wear to the Vatican, but never thought to ask for a photo. Have also had them worn on TV. Too busy to ask for pix. Most recently Women's Wear Daily wanted to feature them in their summer wedding issue. I was tempted, but then decided not to since I don't do wholesale at this point and certainly didn't need anyone ripping off my designs. Each one comes with a handmade pouch, holy card and sachet of lavender and Victorian rose buds (Arizonagirl got one of those). The equestrian folks got pouches made of faux leather. I don't advertise the extras so when they get them, they're thrilled even though they usually have to wait while I take my sweet time sewing them. BUT ... they come back and they send their friends and also send thank you notes that it was worth the wait.

Now you know a little more about my "accidental" business!
    Yes I did and it smells divine. I am a scent person. I love for my house to have wonderful smells. I am going to have to go get some more incense as I am running low them. Krystyna you veils are gorgeous.

Sorry I've been absent today. I have been dealing with a horrible migraine again. I'm doing much better now.
    Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou
    Wow I just received the most wonderful package from Sarah
    AKA as sik1010.

Yards of skull fabric my favorite, a jar of white chocolate,
    skull buttons and thread ( I so needed thread)
    note pad and sticky notes, very cute zip lock bags.

I am so excited..

A BIG THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL PACKAGE!
    Great skull fabric. I haven't see those before. I like the black and white fabric hanging in the back ground also.
    Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski
    No luck for me today...................mailbox empty............the good thing is I've got apples dipped in caramel and chocolate for all on the bench...................yummy..........do they look good.................
    Save me some and I'll be right over to visit.
    Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 AM

Love that Halloween themed package! Very nice.

Sorry about the migraine again, Robyn. Was hoping you were feeling better.

And Candi, at one point, Ripley was a real drinking spot - the drinking age in NY was 18, PA was 21. So, all the young people came over the state line on the weekend. Ripley? Nope, never heard of it!