Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-30-2011, 11:08 AM

I am so off the bench today, that I fell off. :D

The mail lady had to drive the package up the hill because it wouldn't fit in the box, which we have a pretty big mailbox. I was bouncing as much as the dogs. :XD:

My SP DConroy84 Major HUGS!!!out did herself. I'm not even sure where to start, so I'll show pictures.

~~~Some of the candy did not make it into this film, we are sorry for the inconvienence~~~ :mrgreen:

First off, she made this really cool Quilters Survival Kit and put it in this herkin (yes that is a word) -- cannister. It is filled with all kinds of goodies and she gave me a listing of what each one is for. There is chocolate, quilters inbetween pins, batteries, an eraser, notepad and pen, remnants, tea, a camera, toothpicks, rubber bands, paper clips, thread, mounds candy bar (mysteriously eaten before it could make it into the pic ;), jelly beans, hand lotion, safety pins, piece of batting, lollipop (disappeared into DH's pocket), Aspirin, maginifier ( Oh yeah!!), finger protector and Freedent Gum.

Secondly, Ok, I'm eating the dark chocolate kisses now. But they did make it into the pic. A box of Goobers candy, which I stole back from DH. A box of 250 Quilter Pins, because I can always use a ton of those. Also a box of flower head pins, HEE. I always wanted some of them!!

A basket (because I love me some baskets!), some more thread, a cool small cutter from Olfa and some Hills Bros double mocha cappuccino drink mix. Whee!

Now for the fun stuffs! A panel of snowmens from Moda that I can make Gift Tags!! How cool is that?!!
    :mrgreen:

Last but not least. MAXINE FABRIC!!!! Oh lordy, I love Maxine. It is a double panel with all kinds of wonderful sayings that is just Maxine's style.

Once again, major hugs to you Donna!!

Survival Kit Goodies
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264510[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-264451.jpe   attachment-264452.jpe   attachment-264453.jpe   attachment-264457.jpe  
    Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 AM

To all the friends and acquaintances on this board I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers of comfort and strength and condolences at a very difficult time in my life. I appreciate you all thinking of me and my family as my mother declined in health and passed away. It has been very comforting to know there are many people who care. Koko
    Old 09-30-2011, 11:23 AM

Reeskyler, you hit the mother load! SP DConroy84....Good job!
    Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 AM
    Power Poster

Reeskyler, Very nice package. I just love Maxine. If my mother was drawn into a cartoon she would look just like her. She passed a long time ago.But she used to wear big sunglasses like Maxine and had gray curly hair like her.And had the ATTITUDE Maxine has.I really like the tags too. Seems like the candy always goes first.lol. Mary
    Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116
    Great picture, Robyn. How come everyone else gets nice family pictures and my kids just goof around? Welcome to my family!
    I like the block...can't wait to see the whole thing!

Candi, did you notice just how MANY towns are in SW NY??? I will be passing through several on my way to North Java today. The whole family (well, almost the whole family) is camping for the weekend. Of course, rain is predicted for the whole time :(

Anyhow, I will be shopping for my SP along the way -- my own little shop hop!
    If you only knew how many pictures I went through last night to find that one. I have so many goofball pictures of my kids. I showed my son the completed blocks last night and he is really excited about the quilt. I'm going to start putting the blocks together this weekend. Unfortunately it will be a little while before I can have it quilted.
    Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Great picture, Robyn. How come everyone else gets nice family pictures and my kids just goof around? Welcome to my family!

Candi, did you notice just how MANY towns are in SW NY??? I will be passing through several on my way to North Java today. The whole family (well, almost the whole family) is camping for the weekend. Of course, rain is predicted for the whole time :(

If you only knew how many pictures I went through last night to find that one. I have so many goofball pictures of my kids. I showed my son the completed blocks last night and he is really excited about the quilt. I'm going to start putting the blocks together this weekend. Unfortunately it will be a little while before I can have it quilted.
    Be sure to post a photo of it when your done.You know we are all nosy.lol Mary
    Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    I am so off the bench today, that I fell off. :D

The mail lady had to drive the package up the hill because it wouldn't fit in the box, which we have a pretty big mailbox. I was bouncing as much as the dogs. :XD:

My SP DConroy84 Major HUGS!!!out did herself. I'm not even sure where to start, so I'll show pictures.

~~~Some of the candy did not make it into this film, we are sorry for the inconvienence~~~ :mrgreen:

First off, she made this really cool Quilters Survival Kit and put it in this herkin (yes that is a word) -- cannister. It is filled with all kinds of goodies and she gave me a listing of what each one is for. There is chocolate, quilters inbetween pins, batteries, an eraser, notepad and pen, remnants, tea, a camera, toothpicks, rubber bands, paper clips, thread, mounds candy bar (mysteriously eaten before it could make it into the pic ;), jelly beans, hand lotion, safety pins, piece of batting, lollipop (disappeared into DH's pocket), Aspirin, maginifier ( Oh yeah!!), finger protector and Freedent Gum.

Secondly, Ok, I'm eating the dark chocolate kisses now. But they did make it into the pic. A box of Goobers candy, which I stole back from DH. A box of 250 Quilter Pins, because I can always use a ton of those. Also a box of flower head pins, HEE. I always wanted some of them!!

A basket (because I love me some baskets!), some more thread, a cool small cutter from Olfa and some Hills Bros double mocha cappuccino drink mix. Whee!

Now for the fun stuffs! A panel of snowmens from Moda that I can make Gift Tags!! How cool is that?!!
    :mrgreen:

Last but not least. MAXINE FABRIC!!!! Oh lordy, I love Maxine. It is a double panel with all kinds of wonderful sayings that is just Maxine's style.

Once again, major hugs to you Donna!!
    Great package. Donna you out did yourself on this one. I hope you get me next month...lol
    Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl

Be sure to post a photo of it when your done.You know we are all nosy.lol Mary
    I will. And it's not nosy, like to call it interested.
    I'm having another sucky migraine day. Can't keep anthing down. Can't take any meds because of this, so pain is high also. Krystyna you are too funny today and that helps.
    Old 09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
    Power Poster

Robyn so sorry your in such pain today again.I really liked the family photo.I'm afraid I have a playful onry family too. I 'm not sure I have any pictures that someone isn't doing something to someone else.Hope you feel better soon. Mary
    Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM

I have really enjoyed seeing what everyone is getting..such awesome swappers..I have really missed being on the swap