Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    My screen name is self explainary, I am Vicki :) W is the initial of my surname.

I saw a package coming EAST...Georgia is east...could be me.
    VA is also east........
    :thumbup:
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:27 AM

First clue for out of USA I think, there are a few of us how about a tiny little clue as to who it could be?????

Still need to make a little something and get some sweeties then it will be posted out this weekend.

Have not seen my SP on board although she does usually show herself at some point.

Eileen

Originally Posted by starshine
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    So. I spoke with Lori earlier this evening. She is thoroughly enjoying her drugs. Yes she is. :thumbup: She said that even though no one is likely to sign up again next month, she really thinks that everyone should send all packages to me directly.
    Yes. She really did. Did I mention that she is enjoying her drugs?

BUT ... I will be nice. I will take out only the stuff I like a lot and box it up and send it on to Arizonagirl. She can have a good dig through it all and if there are any leftovers, she is inviting you all to her house for a barbecue.

This is all true. Really.

Well, good night. I need to rest up so I can help the mailman unload all the early packages tomorrow.
    How sweet and kind you are. I know Lori really appreciates your help too. Guess I better book a flight to the barbecue.

Well my package it going out of USA, are you getting those too? I need to get mine out soon. I did stop at the LQS after work and picked up a bit of fabric for my SP. Hope Krystyna doesn't take it all.
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 AM

I like to think I am a "quilter" and canny is a dialect word here in Newcastle that means lots of things depending on the way it is put into a sentence or given expression. it is my favourite word (I once wrote a 3000 word essay on it!!!)

So that is my computer name and why I like it.

Eileen

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I have a thought (imagine that!) Can we all tell how we came up with our screen names? Well I have no imagination I guess, actulally I first signed up as lepeercy but people were kind of stand offish, like I had some kind of disease or something so I asked to change it to Lori Peercy and was OKed by administrator. So I became Lori Peercy. I have often wondered when I put swap together what your screen names mean. What do you all think? Sound like fun?
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 AM

Well my package will be on its way in the next couple of days ... I am hoping I can get something made as my pal likes homemade items; not sure if I will or not as it is a busy time of year for me ... working full-time and taking a course part time.

My parcel will be going South West of me and will be leaving Canada to my pal who also likes earth tone colors.

Off to work I go ... Hope you all have a great day and will be back after work. :)
    Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 AM

OMG! Is this the most active thread on the board?? I guess many of us chatterboxes like to hang here, lol.

Brenda, I AM watching for you, not many hints yet, but my eyes are peeled on package traffic (does this sound bad, lol, it is early, I just got off work :wink: this is my excuse, lol).

And Krystana, I am beginning to think that you are the one on drugs, all this nonsense about you getting all the packages and splitting them with Robyn and to top it all off, you are doing it all under Lori's watch, delirious talk if you askne . Swappers don't worry about her, she is a harmless sweet heart with a certain, um, hoarding problem,lol.
    Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Let's see, where is Alberta? I think it's west of me, but not for sure. (Admitting my ignorance), but I like earth tones and homemade items!!
    Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by swampfox
    This is my first secret pal that I did. I sent off my package today. I hope you like it. Its going East of me.
    Welcome to the swap. In case you haven't noticed, we enjoy the anticipation as much if not more than the actual package, at least, I do. So why don't you join us and play with us? To start off, you can give more hints about where you sent your package. :mrgreen: Hopefully I am not scaring you, lol.
    Old 09-07-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    Okay.
    1) Hints for my SP. We both love the fall colors and lives southeast of me.
    2) My avatar is pronounces "Jesus Lives". He is the Lord of my Life and it's fun to watch people try and figure it out:-)
    Hey Candi I think this one is your.
    Oh yeah, baby, this definitely could be me. You know, I had gzuslivz for my SP (I mailed to her) a few months back....could the tables be turned now? It happens :thumbup:
    Old 09-07-2011, 05:25 AM

Thanks all for sharing the stories behind your names.

And do you all know what I just realized?? I forgot what I even put on my form, I mean surely I put Fall colors as my favorite, but don't remember much of any other details, reading the hints here, I think I love Moda, but did I list that? No clue, so SP, could you be kind enough to give me a copy of my form, I must have deleted my sent PMs file. Thanks in advance. :mrgreen: ;) :lol:
    Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by candi
    And Krystana, I am beginning to think that you are the one on drugs, all this nonsense about you getting all the packages and splitting them with Robyn and to top it all off, you are doing it all under Lori's watch, delirious talk if you askne . Swappers don't worry about her, she is a harmless sweet heart with a certain, um, hoarding problem,lol.
    Well, I think you will all enjoy seeing me on the new season of Buried Alive: Hoarders. I will be sitting in a gigantic pile of fabric and thread, with chocolate smeared all over my face, opening packages and telling the therapist, "I don't have a problem. These are just surprises that my secret pals sent me!" And when I'm done with their horrid enforced sorting and the truck comes to haul away the rest, I will give them Robyn's address.

As for Lori, I gave her extra drugs and I think that helped her to see the wisdom of having everything sent to ME! :mrgreen: