Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Teresa, I LOVE her!!! So cute.

Well, I am frustrated. The fabric I ordered still isn't in my mail box so my SP's package will have to wait another day. Sorry.

Oh! I forgot. It me! hahahahhahahaha!
    TY K!! Now you go make one and share!
    Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM

[quote=Rita's mom]OH GOODNESS!!! I was gone for a few days and....BOOM I had almost 20, yes 20 pages to catch up on! :shock:

My screen name is easy. Rita is my little blue dog and I am her mom, or so I think. I have two daughters but they don't mind as well as she does. It's kind of boring but easy to remember. LOL

I have my quilt class tomorrow and I will pick up some colored FQ's (not saying which color) for my SP and her package will be on its way! We like alot of the same things especially books (hint: my SP likes to read) I thought I could send a few of mine but do any of you worry they have already read the book you send?

***I did worry about that too, and so I tried to send 2 books, thinking one might work, the other I thought they could send along to their next SP. Also, per a post last month, I taped a card in the back and put my board name and state so as it travels, eventually someone will know where it's been. I told them to send it on and add their info if they wanted to or to keep it and enjoy--their choice! Hope that helps!!!
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Okay I KNOW it is only September 7th and by the looks of the list Lori sends with your SP Info...looks like no ones received their packages yet...so in light of that, I think we should get the bench all cleaned up and ready to go. I will bring a pretty table cloth, red and white checkered and put over the table....Maybe we should have 4 tables so that if any of us wants to play bunko we can to pass the time. I'll bring a gallon of iced tea, some fresh fruit that has lots of watermelon, grapes, oranges, cantaloupe, pineapple, honey dew and bananas. Ill sprinkle a little lemon juice on it to keep the bananas from turning brown. Ill bring a few table umbrellas to give us some shade too, don't want any of us to get heat stroke. And maybe later on this evening...we can make banana splits.
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 AM

I would ! She is lovely!
    Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Whoops early post should read Queen of the Swaps, not Swapy! Sorry Lori.

Just finishing up sewing for my SP, hopefully package will go out today or tomorrow.

Just finished this little sweetie. Would you like to give her (I've named her Camilla as she looks like a duchess of hens) a home?
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by barefoot quilter
    ok love the chickies i just might make some, too but for now i am getting ready to send my two packages out into the country one is going to GA and the other one is going to MO will be sending them by next sat the 10th
    OK this one to Mo is mine!!!!! Havplenty can't have it.No one else in Mo. can have it.Everytime I think I have one coming here it goes to someone else. So Kristyna,Robyn,Tussy,Candi etc.leave it alone and let it get through to me...Mary (lol)

:lol: :roll: :roll: :thumbup: :x
    Mary you should probably plan to come to the BBQ to see whats left after Krystyna sends me what she has picked over. I'm not promising that there will be much left after I go through it, so get here early...lol
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Okay I KNOW it is only September 7th and by the looks of the list Lori sends with your SP Info...looks like no ones received their packages yet...so in light of that, I think we should get the bench all cleaned up and ready to go. I will bring a pretty table cloth, red and white checkered and put over the table....Maybe we should have 4 tables so that if any of us wants to play bunko we can to pass the time. I'll bring a gallon of iced tea, some fresh fruit that has lots of watermelon, grapes, oranges, cantaloupe, pineapple, honey dew and bananas. Ill sprinkle a little lemon juice on it to keep the bananas from turning brown. Ill bring a few table umbrellas to give us some shade too, don't want any of us to get heat stroke. And maybe later on this evening...we can make banana splits.
    Deanna, that is so nice of you! Can we also bring some little chickens so we have something to play with?
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM

Deanna, that is so nice of you! Can we also bring some little chickens so we have something to play with?
    I'll bring my super awesome potato salad and I'll teach a class on great swap gifts that easy to make. I'll also bring strawberry lemonade.
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Sure bring all the chickens you want...but...how do you play with a chicken? Do you play a feather plucking game? Or a Squeeze the eggs out game? LOL
    Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    I'll bring my super awesome potato salad and I'll teach a class on great swap gifts that easy to make. I'll also bring strawberry lemonade.
    Let's just make it the biggest bench party in the world. LOL. Wouldn't that be fun. LOL
    Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM

I'll come to the BBQ, but I don't think Krystyna should be invited. We have to get all her leftovers after keeping the very best for herself. No BBQ for you! I'll bring lobster, crabs, clams, quahogs and mussels for those who like seafood. I'll have to get waxed airfreight boxes and ice. Maybe she won't be so greedy next month. When we are all visiting, having fun, and eating wonderful food, she'll learn a lesson the hard way. She will probably be begging for forgivness from all of us.