Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal swap IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT >
  • September Secret Pal swap IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

• September Secret Pal swap IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Old 09-30-2010, 03:25 PM

I've sent my secret pal a Thank You PM, but let me just say Thanks! again. I love all the goodies I received, especially the handmade items. The fabric is so cheerful. This package really made my day!

Thank you so much Kathy N.!

All my goodies!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]100130[/ATTACH]

Fantastic Thread Caddy (sorry the pic is dark)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]100131[/ATTACH]

Beautiful Bag - Love the colors!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]100132[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-100125.jpe   attachment-100126.jpe   attachment-100127.jpe  
    Old 09-30-2010, 03:29 PM

my partner messaged me to let me know she had received her package. Don't think she's posted anything publicly though.

Angela
    Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 PM

NCQuilter, very nice package. Love the fabric. I have never seen a thread caddy like that...that is so cute.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Old 09-30-2010, 03:50 PM

Received a wonderful package from RoseAnne yesterday. Such great gifts -a wrist pincushion, tape measure, table runner pattern, 3 BIG pieces of fabric, a scissor holder and a kitchen scrubbie in orange, just right for October and Halloween. Can't thank you enough for everything ! Pat
    Old 09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
    tmw

Originally Posted by NCquilter
    I've sent my secret pal a Thank You PM, but let me just say Thanks! again. I love all the goodies I received, especially the handmade items. The fabric is so cheerful. This package really made my day!

Thank you so much Kathy N.!
    that bag is so pretty. they are my favorite colors. thelma
    Old 09-30-2010, 04:20 PM

Great packages everyone! Love the handmade items.

Ladies on the bench, I hope you get off soon.

Suzanne, I hate to say it, but I fear there will always be people who don't follow through or don't communicate as one expects. In such a public and large forum and the many participants in this very popular swap, you are bound to get some people who sign up and forget about it, or intentionally not send a gift or whatever. I think people look at this swap differently. I for one do it not just for the squishy (although God knows I love getting them), but also to "meet" people on the board, but I know this is not necessarily everyone's idea.

I agree that a master list should be kept and people who don't follow through should not be allowed to participate, but don't over stress about it, please. Give yourself a break and know that the majority of us really enjoy this swap and appreciate you taking over hosting it.
    Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM

Well said Candi
    Old 09-30-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by vovoa
    So okay, who is left on the bench with me?
    I am still on the bench also! And I do not blame Suannze either!
    Its not her fault! But I am going to make me a cushion this seat is awful hard!! ROLF

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Great packages everyone! Love the handmade items.

Ladies on the bench, I hope you get off soon.

Suzanne, I hate to say it, but I fear there will always be people who don't follow through or don't communicate as one expects. In such a public and large forum and the many participants in this very popular swap, you are bound to get some people who sign up and forget about it, or intentionally not send a gift or whatever. I think people look at this swap differently. I for one do it not just for the squishy (although God knows I love getting them), but also to "meet" people on the board, but I know this is not necessarily everyone's idea.

I agree that a master list should be kept and people who don't follow through should not be allowed to participate, but don't over stress about it, please. Give yourself a break and know that the majority of us really enjoy this swap and appreciate you taking over hosting it.
    I have to agree with you also! I love to get the secret packages, I have come home everyday hopeing somthing would be here, but not so far! But I am a member of a very large guild, but I dont particpate in the small group for several reasons, I get my fun from this board! I talk to my cube mate at work everyday about this board and how much fun I have on it, the things I have joined, the people I am meeting it is a huge part of my day now to be able to see what goes on. Now that I know what button to select so I know when someone has typed something on one of the topics I am involved in.I was so silly!! The only bad thing i have had was the pincushion swap and it will come once the lady gets out of the nursing home. Up to this point I have/had all the faith in the world that everyone would want to send and recieve. I just cant imagine not sending and only recieving. God would get me for that!!! I love all you ladies !!! I all ready signed up for Oct!!That is my birthday month!!! Yeah me!!!! But if I dont get anything this time, oh well. That person will just have to deal with life brings them. I am not going to let it get me down! I know my person loved her stuff and it really made her day!! And that is what it is all about!! Yes I am on a roll! Sorry ladies! I can be long winded.
    Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 PM

Hey! I know how life can get in the way. Was so glad I had already sent out SP gift when hubby had his health issues that ended up with him having bypass surgery. Things have been so chaotic since then that I wasn't sure if the SP gift I remembered getting was from August or September!