Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 05-18-2013, 01:53 AM

Linny your dq is going out today.
    Can't wait to see mine. we should get them about the same time.
    Love all the little dq's coming in.
    Old 05-18-2013, 04:16 AM

oh what pretty dq's! Mine is crazy pretty not so much lol.. I am anxious for my partner Annaquilts to receive it. She seems to think it shows something about ME *OMG if that is the case I am doomed! you will all figure out what a nutbar I am at times. maybe i should hide?

Love hearing about your not hoarding and all the fun collections. Bertie you can have my spools just need your addy. there are not a ton but if everyone sent you a dozen you could make a world of doll beds for lots of little girls! so send her your wooden thread spools everyone! she needs another collection. I have to decline your wild turkey offer unless its an unopened bottle lol.. (gross). I just collect the ceramic turkeys. Once I was flipping through a country living and there was a page that had this old corner bookshelf and on it were about 20 of my turkeys!!!I thought OH HECK someone else is collecting these I will never find them all now! lol.. I did show it to everyone in my family see I am not NUTS this is a genuine collection!!! lol. I sold most of them a few years ago for stupid prices at a tag sale. sheesh. now to replace them is over 20.00 with shipping per turkey. I have kept it down to just five. but they call to me.. yes yes they do.. I also collect cobalt blue vases. love them in the afternoon light.
    Old 05-18-2013, 05:14 AM
    Swap Hosts

I don't know why, but I missed all the photos! Love them all!!!
    Old 05-18-2013, 06:34 AM

Elisabrat, the Wild Turkey bottle was already opened and empty when I bought it. Just bought it cuz I have a collection of ceramic birds and a turkey is a bird, right? LOL! I will set him back on the shelf then. Had him surrounded with bubble wrap and almost ready to take flight to ya! I have several cobalt blue vases, too. People didn't quite get I was collecting only FIVE cobalt blues as mentioned earlier. I collected Luci and Me little bears for years and people started giving me bears on everything. Bears on my towels, bears on my potholders, etc. I donated a lot of the lil bears to local church rummage sale. Kept favorite ones.
    Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 AM

This is the fancy Barbie doll bed made out of old spools I bought at least 25 years ago for $40. What WAS I thinking? That was a LOT of money back then![ATTACH=CONFIG]414193[/ATTACH] but I let the granddaughters play with it!
    Attached Thumbnails imag0014.jpg  
    Old 05-18-2013, 07:19 AM

Bertie, do any of your granddaughters have American Girl Dolls..I have a great pattern for a bed..it is made on a plastic bin so doll clothes can be stored inside and it is really adorable. If anyone wants a copy PM your e-mail address and I will send it...a friend of mine gave it to me...I don't think it came from anyplace that has a copyright..I think she made it up and she gave it to anyone that wanted it.
    Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 AM

Satin pillows, crocheted canopy and bed ruffle and all those teeny pink bows on the comforter. Too irresistible!

Elisabrat, it takes 48 spools and someone to make the 'base' that holds the bedding, and you're all set.
    Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt
    Bertie, do any of your granddaughters have American Girl Dolls..I have a great pattern for a bed..it is made on a plastic bin so doll clothes can be stored inside and it is really adorable. If anyone wants a copy PM your e-mail address and I will send it...a friend of mine gave it to me...I don't think it came from anyplace that has a copyright..I think she made it up and she gave it to anyone that wanted it.
    Sharon, yes, they do and I have an American Doll, too. I have Addy (because someone gave me a wee Black baby doll and I thought it needed a Black mother) I have most of the patterns for the AG doll clothes also. Do you still have my address to send me the pattern for the bed (which I may never get around to making but who knows? Little girls coming up in the family)
    Old 05-18-2013, 08:32 AM

Gotta keep this up on top, haha. Are you getting tired of hearing about my collections yet?

You know, I think we oughta send all the wooden spools to Krystyna when we send her labels. She could then make wreaths out of them!
    Old 05-18-2013, 08:42 AM

Question! I am getting ready to go see grandaughters...what size should a quilt/blanket be for an 18" doll bed?