Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? >
  • Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

• Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 AM

I have no doubt they will show up at some time Lynnie and Nancia..... It might be more of a New Year's suprise but what a way to start the new year off!
    Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 AM

SURPRISE!!! THE AUSTRALIAN POSTAL SERVICE IS MORE ON THE BALL THAN THE USPS! SHOCKING!!!
    i have received a most wonderful dq from down under! i knew you are good, lyn, but this exceeds even my expectations! lyn is grateful for coffee, quilting and the qb ! i will post pictures soon. i have taken the pictures but i had an accident with an acrylic ruler and my toe. i believe it is broken as well as cut. so i have taken a little something to better cope. soon i will get up and process them, just not tooo soon! oh, yeah. the ruler is fine. other people get attacked by rotary cutters, and i get attacked by a ruler? so embarrassing!
    Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 AM

Been there, done that. We can be red together. OR, we could take the cure together? LOL Remember when Pepsi came in a 16 oz. glass bottle? I dropped one on my foot. Broke the middle toe. Hurt like HEdouble hockey sticks!! They don't do anything for it, either. I think every time mine would start to heal, I would stub it. Did I mention, my middle toe is my longest toe. Now THAT is embarassing. LOL
    Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 PM

Oh my Nancia, I didn't think my little DQ would cause you to harm yourself Hope you heal soon, was it your foot pedal foot??

Here is a pic of the DQ I sent - nancia can post other pics later if she wants to. 'What I Am Thankful For' is coffee, quilting and my QB friends - things I think all quilters are thankful for every day.
    Attached Thumbnails p1160004.jpg  
    Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Lynnie25...How cute is that...and yes, I think we are all Thankful for those items...
    Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Lynnie25, your DQ is adorable! I love your coffee mugs! In my case they would be for tea or hot chocolate, but still wonderful! Love the colors you used!
    Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
    Power Poster

Lynnie25, love your quilt.
    lynnie
    Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Lynnie25, your DQ is adorable! I love your coffee mugs! In my case they would be for tea or hot chocolate, but still wonderful! Love the colors you used!
    Ronda, I am addicted to Chai Latte so that is what is in my mug or plain milky tea when I am at home
    Old 12-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Lynnie, you amaze me with your talent! how you thought to combine your love of quilting and coffee into "quilty mugs" i have no idea! LOVE IT!
    Old 12-19-2012, 03:53 PM

lyn, i'm so glad you posted! my camera spit out 288 pictures into my laptop, and now my laptop won't let me access any of them GRRRRRRR! sometimes i hate technology! when dh gets home i will plop the lt into his lap and hope he can deal with it! the toe is getting better. i wear dansko shoes which are similar to the 'boot' they put your foot in. it means i don't have to attach it to any other toes. most of the time it's comfortable, but sadly it is my pedal foot and i run my pedal bare footed. i guess i'll have to use the stitching button. i have a lot to do!! again, lyn thanks so much for the wondrous dq! all i would add are my dh and my fuzzy 4's, not necessarily in that order, lol!!