Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dream56
    Great block Rhonda - remember we are our own worst critic. You did a great job. Love the color combo too.
    LOL as you can see in the bookmark navy is one of my favorites. I love the deep contrast.

When I realized the quilt block was too big I resewed my seams to make it smaller. When I did that it created a gap between the two navy sections. I don't mind a little gap but it made the line look chopped up. I took some of them apart and redid them to reduce the gap but a couple of them I gave up on.
    I should have known better and kept looking for my template. The old one was worn and I tried to adjust for that and that caused my grief. I knew better! LOL I need to just throw out the old store bought one. It has seen better days.
    Old 05-07-2011, 02:34 PM

I really like all of the blocks for this month, everyone did a fantastic job on them!!
    Old 05-07-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
    I agree, she did a fantastic job on it.

Rhonda said for me to go on ahead and post a pic of the one I made for Bonni so here it is:
    I thought I had mentioned that I received the block this week but in case I didn't....Thanks a bunch for the blocks ladies. You both did a wonderful job and inspire me to continue to work on making more.

Also thanks to Suzi for the extra fabric (wonderful blues) that she included and to Dee for the cute block of wood that said "Quilter's Rule". It's on my desk at work. :)
    Old 05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sgardner
    <blushing> Oh dear me, got a message from Rhonda saying hers will be in the mail Monday, sorry it will be late.

Late? Oops, checked the sign up- they should have been in the mail yesterday! So, Dear Rhonda, no worries because yours will be in the mail Monday as well!

Here's the pic of mine, if it's OK to have a spoiler.
    I got your beautiful quilt block in the mail today Shelley!! Thanks so much!! I love the colors. the three that I have received all go together color wise really well!! I have green and blue in my living/dining room and I love the country colors everyone used!

Shelley posted a pic of it on pg 5 if you want to see it. Thanks Shelley!!
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    I got your beautiful quilt block in the mail today Shelley!! Thanks so much!! I love the colors. the three that I have received all go together color wise really well!! I have green and blue in my living/dining room and I love the country colors everyone used!
    Rhonda, you will never know how much I agonized over those colors- glad to know I made the right choice!
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Rhonda, you will never know how much I agonized over those colors- glad to know I made the right choice!
    I'm not sure why she agonizes so much....she does wonderful work (insert I told you so to Shelley).

:)

Well done Shel.
    Old 05-07-2011, 06:45 PM
    Power Poster

When I get a table runner made I will post a picture to show you what it will look like on my table. My walls are a country blue my bookshelves are a celery green and I have the same green on my pie safe and my table cloth is a sage green. I use burgandys as accent colors. I love the colors you chose Shelley! it will fit in quite well!!
    Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 AM

LOL as you can see in the bookmark navy is one of my favorites. I love the deep contrast.

Just wanted to let you know that Emilie took my bookmark and claimed it for her own. She adores it.

Emilie is my daughter, and that's ok. I want her to appreciate "quilty" things if she is to keep helping me design things to quilt on my Avante.
    Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM

Just wanted to let you know that Emilie took my bookmark and claimed it for her own. She adores it.

Emilie is my daughter, and that's ok. I want her to appreciate "quilty" things if she is to keep helping me design things to quilt on my Avante.
    LOL. Way to go Em!
    Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 PM
    Power Poster

I'm glad she likes it Shelley! I have noticed most kids do like my bookmarks. My friend Dorothy who helps me her granddaughter Katelyn likes them too.