Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >
  • Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

• Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 12-09-2017, 08:12 AM

Marietta, that's beautiful!! Thank you so much for putting that collection togerther for us. All of the blocks looks great together. Seriously. It's really inspiring. So sorry you are sick. PLease get as much rest as you can.

Last edited by zozee; 12-09-2017 at 08:13 AM. Reason: missed an important word
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:28 AM

Kristi, love the fabric colors.

BattleAxe you sure are on the ball.
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:31 AM

Marietta, how fun to see them all together! I love the pastels and bright intermixed. So happy!
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Marietta love the picture of all the blocks I know it is inspiring everyone.

Judith thank you for the post of the quilt charts I needed that to help me do some quilts from all the other swaps and this one also.
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 AM

Your welcome Maxie. I find the more I did swaps in the past, I got tremendously confused. But, now, years later, I'm finding the blocks that work well together in size. But, was still finding that I had no idea of the concept of how many blocks I would need. So, I find that the charts are helpful to me for that. And, I hope others that are still learning will find them helpful as well.
    Old 12-10-2017, 09:53 AM

Judith, the charts you posted are so helpful. Some I've used for years, others looked appealing - anything to help the process go faster with accuracy. Thanks for posting!!
    hugs,
    dj
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe
    Zozee, I start in the middle of the block and make the bar-bar-square-bar-bar section. pressing the from the center toward the outside. Then when you make the top and bottom row, the seams have to be pressed in the opposite direction. Then when the top row is sewn onto the middle, I actually do use pins to push the seams together. I'm on my last ones, all cut out.

P. S. Don't tell (tee hee) Armylady, but I have some duplicate Australian Patchwork magazines I included for her in the box.

Marcia! I just have to tell you, that is the best advice on pressing I've ever had. Perfectly made sense in a way that never 'clicked' with me before. In theory, yes, but in practice I'd never really gotten the hang of it.

Thanks so much. As I was pressing my second block just now, and seeing the glorious results of flat seams all around, all I could think was, "I can't wait to show everyone my backside." LOL
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:21 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585170[/ATTACH]

That's my "backside." Haha.
    Attached Thumbnails img_3187.jpg  
    Old 12-10-2017, 08:22 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585171[/ATTACH]

Here's the front of that block. (It's the dark fabric with tulips and peonies that I pictured a few days ago.)
    Attached Thumbnails img_3188.jpg  
    Old 12-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Maxie: I have mailed my box. I had the post office lady help me with enough stamps and she said it would be $7.20. I had my bags of blocks there and we just weighed them. If I have made some kind of error in making them or computing the transfer, please tell me and I will make it right.

There are two hostess gifts in the box to pay you for all your effort and trouble. Some duplicate issues of quilting magazine and a hand woven pincushion. I picked out the red, white and blue one as you say you are an Army lady.

Biggest mistake of my life was to get married instead of joining the Navy. But I was so worried about the degenerative arthritis of the spine, I never could stand up straight, sit up straight or run very fast. And I don't like being yelled at. It was during Vietnam. Most probably I would have been a lab tech in a hospital, but I do regret that.

Marcia

P.S. Zozee, you are welcome.