Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >
  • Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

• Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 10-26-2017, 01:25 PM

Ladies this is the pattern that we will be using. I copied the link from Post #12 made by Belfrybat.
    http://www.quilterscache.com/C/ChurnDashBlock.html[SUB][SUP]
    [/SUP][/SUB]

Old 10-26-2017, 01:28 PM

Isn't that the same as the pattern you posted? I printed out your page...thinking they were both the same.

Only asking if there is a difference...?

Last edited by K-Roll; 10-26-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    Old 10-26-2017, 01:44 PM

Ok Ladies it seems that some of you are already shopping for fabric to make the Churn Dash blocks for this Swap. So this is the final decision.

Background fabric needs to be WOW (white on white)
    The churn Dash needs to be Floral, please use spring colors. No solids please.
    You can applique, embroidery (hand or machine) the center block, if you applique please make sure it is sewn down well.
    In order to make it easier to swap out the blocks I have decided to have everyone make the number of blocks for the number of participates. On December 1st I will post the final number of participates that we have that has committed to the swap. I know that some of you have already stated in the tread that you want to join but I still need you all to please PM me with your information (Board Name, Real Name, Address, Phone Number (For my use only in case if I need to contact you) and let me know that you want to join the swap this way I will have a better record of everyone joining just in case I miss a post on the tread, don't want to leave anyone out of the fun.

Thank you all for giving me time to figure out all the suggestions and questions. This is only my 2nd time hosting a swap so I am still learning how to work out the kinks.
    Old 10-26-2017, 01:49 PM

K-Roll I compared the two and they seem to be the same to me but the majority wanted to use the one from the link, it gives you the instructions on how to put the block together.
    Old 10-26-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
    So??!! Is it wow with florals??
    Bluelady yes WOW with florals see my Post #57
    Old 10-26-2017, 02:20 PM

My info has been PM'd. I'm looking forward to this one.
    Old 10-26-2017, 03:59 PM

I think I would like to join this swap, I have lots of florals and white on white in my stash. I will send my Pm on November 1.
    Old 10-26-2017, 04:05 PM

What does this mean? -- "In order to make it easier to swap out the blocks I have decided to have everyone make the number of blocks for the number of participates." Does it mean that you are not going to do sets anymore? The original post indicated -- "The Swap is for sets of (4) Blocks. The limit is 5 sets per swapper. 20 Blocks maximum."
    ????
    Old 10-26-2017, 05:32 PM

Just sent my PM! I'm going to try for five sets.
    Old 10-26-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012
    Ok Ladies it seems that some of you are already shopping for fabric to make the Churn Dash blocks for this Swap. So this is the final decision.

Background fabric needs to be WOW (white on white)
    The churn Dash needs to be Floral, please use spring colors. No solids please.
    You can applique, embroidery (hand or machine) the center block, if you applique please make sure it is sewn down well.
    In order to make it easier to swap out the blocks I have decided to have everyone make the number of blocks for the number of participates. On December 1st I will post the final number of participates that we have that has committed to the swap. I know that some of you have already stated in the tread that you want to join but I still need you all to please PM me with your information (Board Name, Real Name, Address, Phone Number (For my use only in case if I need to contact you) and let me know that you want to join the swap this way I will have a better record of everyone joining just in case I miss a post on the tread, don't want to leave anyone out of the fun.

Thank you all for giving me time to figure out all the suggestions and questions. This is only my 2nd time hosting a swap so I am still learning how to work out the kinks.
    Ladies please ignore this from the post that is quoted.

In order to make it easier to swap out the blocks I have decided to have everyone make the number of blocks for the number of participates. On December 1st I will post the final number of participates that we have that has committed to the swap.

We will stay with the sets of blocks as states in the announcement. Sets of 4 Blocks, Maximum of 20 Blocks.