Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >
  • Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

• Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 10-26-2017, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012

We will stay with the sets of blocks as states in the announcement. Sets of 4 Blocks, Maximum of 20 Blocks.
    OK! Thanks for clarifying! I think you are going to have LOTS of participants, so you'll have plenty of blocks to swap around!
    Old 10-26-2017, 09:38 PM

Just want to clarify, we do not have to put something in the middle but we can if we chose to. Correct?
    Old 10-27-2017, 04:47 AM

I'm considering joining. Are the blocks to have two fabrics ... the WOW fabric and the spring fabric?

Also, can you post some photos of blocks with embroidered or appliqued centers? Or maybe a whole quilt made that way? I'm having trouble visualizing it. Thanks!
    Old 10-27-2017, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012
    We will stay with the sets of blocks as states in the announcement. Sets of 4 Blocks, Maximum of 20 Blocks.
    Perfect! Thanks for clarifying this. I am hoping to make the max 20 blocks for a twin size quilt for one of my daughters. With everyone's florals in it, it will have a lot of variety.
    Old 10-27-2017, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
    I'm considering joining. Are the blocks to have two fabrics ... the WOW fabric and the spring fabric?

Also, can you post some photos of blocks with embroidered or appliqued centers? Or maybe a whole quilt made that way? I'm having trouble visualizing it. Thanks!
    I found this on google images, just as an example. hopefully this helps?
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aj2hK2psM1...ilt+button.jpg
    Old 10-27-2017, 05:16 AM

I'm sorry, this last post from Armylady2012 doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Could you please clarify?

If 10 people join, does it mean we make our set amount be 10? And we are allowed to send 4 sets? That would be 40 blocks-- but there's a total of 20 we can send so... Do the sets need to be complete sets? If so, then for 10 people in the swap, we can only send 2 sets? And if there were 15 people or 8 people, then we send one/two set/s and a fraction of another set to reach a total of 20 blocks? And if there were 21 people joining, we wouldn't send sets at all, just 20 blocks (if we want to send 20 blocks)? But what if we wanted to do less than 20? Then would we still have to send 20 to try to reach the amount of swappers?

I'm assuming a set means blocks can be all identical. This is the possibility for sets in other swaps I have done on the Board. One of the purposes of a set is to trade the fabric print you have in order to receive back a variety of fabric prints from a variety of other swappers.

Last edited by givio; 10-27-2017 at 05:34 AM.
    Old 10-27-2017, 05:31 AM

Givio, Armylady said to ignore the highlighted/bold printed quote. She said that we are back to the original 4 blocks per set, with a maximum of 5 sets (20 blocks). Hopefully this helps?
    Old 10-27-2017, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by givio
    I'm sorry, this last post from Armylady2012 doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Could you please clarify?

If 10 people join, does it mean we make our set amount be 10? And we are allowed to send 4 sets? That would be 40 blocks-- but there's a total of 20 we can send so... Do the sets need to be complete sets? If so, then for 10 people in the swap, we can only send 2 sets? And if there were 15 people or 8 people, then we send one/two set/s and a fraction of another set to reach a total of 20 blocks? And if there were 21 people joining, we wouldn't send sets at all, just 20 blocks (if we want to send 20 blocks)? But what if we wanted to do less than 20? Then would we still have to send 20 to try to reach the amount of swappers?

I'm assuming a set means blocks can be all identical. This is the possibility for sets in other swaps I have done on the Board. One of the purposes of a set is to trade the fabric print you have in order to receive back a variety of fabric prints from a variety of other swappers.
    givio, Sorry for the confusing but we will be doing sets (4 blocks Per Set) you can use the same fabric or different fabric for the 4 blocks in a set as long as they are the same pattern. You can do up to 5 sets of 4 blocks per set but no more that 20 blocks total.
    Old 10-27-2017, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    I found this on google images, just as an example. hopefully this helps?
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aj2hK2psM1...ilt+button.jpg
    NZquilter thank you for the link, it is a very pretty churn dash.
    Old 10-27-2017, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise

moonrise yes the background fabric is to be white on white (WOW) and the churn dash is made with floral fabric, so you will only be using two fabrics to make the block, hope this answers your question.