Summer I Spy Swap

Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 AM

Right on time ladies, expected delivery is for Friday the second.
Rena thank you for hosting, I sent you the tracking number.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:11 AM

I got all of the bags swapped this morning - there are some cute fabrics coming! I looked through some of the bags spot checking on fabrics ect. Most of you did a great job of fussy cutting your designs. I did find one fabric that was really cute but had portions of the character but not a clear centered design. I remember the fabric but failed to mark who had sent it, was going to send a PM discussing it - so sorry, but if anyone has a question on how to fussy cut send me a PM.

One other note on fabric selection - if I stare and even asked my SIL who is here from TX helping me out, what do you think this is..........it probably is not a good selection for an I Spy quilt, even if it is called a novelty fabric. Also, some of the really pale designs, they probably are not going to be a good selection because they will fade into the background and be really difficult to recognize.

All of that said - you did a great job on this swap! I didn't find the problems that I saw in the last swap. One member sent me a note about the last swap - she had received a baggie without the 10 fabrics, a couple had stains on them etc. I did not count each baggie, so please double check yourself before mailing.

I go to PT and OT in a bit. Will try to get them to the PO tomorrow, so most of you should have them by the weekend.

Thank you all for your patience with me - I was surprised at the energy it took me to get them out, my list out, and all swapped this morning. Once I got it going it went smoothly, just took me a bit. Repeats are minimal, so I hope everyone is happy with what you get back. Most will receive your own bag back. Plus, thank you for the little goodies you sent. Love the little tissue cover! Very cute.

I hope to do another swap, maybe October. I know people are getting ready for Christmas, will check to see if enough are interested to do a swap. If participation is small, might limit to 8 bags per person, or require different sets of 8, to limit repeats.

Again, thanks! Rena
Old 09-06-2016, 01:56 PM

Thanks for hosting this, Rena. Good luck with therapy.
Now to wait (even more) anxiously for my new goodies!!! Yippee!
Old 09-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Had a frustrating day with paypal shipping. Printed one label then found that I could do multi-order shipping. So with a bit of a learning curve, managed to get all of the addresses in and ready to go. Then Paypal wouldn't print them - wanted verification of a photo ID, address etc etc. Knew it would take time to be processed.............so wrote up labels for those that needed one for mailing and stood in line at the PO!

Again, all that said, all packages were mailed today and should be received by the weekend. I have the receipt with all of the tracking numbers if anyone has a question about delivery. In the past in a smaller swap, I have posted the tracking numbers, but feel here it would be difficult to get all of the numbers entered correctly. I am still having a bit of a problem with cognitive functions, but the OT yesterday reminded me to be patient and assured me that things would continue to improve there. Doing a lot of "thinking" things is tiring, more than I had expected.

But I am thankful for where I am in my recovery and look forward to each day.

Rena
Old 09-07-2016, 04:36 PM

rbwiese - Take good care of yourself. Remember, take things one day at a time and it will get better. We really appreciate you continuing to carry through with this project.

Cheers!
MJ
Old 09-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Yeah everyone! The postman just delivered my packet! I haven't gone through all the squares yet but everything looks great to me. What a wide selection. This will be a great addition to the quilts I have planned. Thank you all for participating. And a special "Thank you" to rbwiese for hosting. Sending you well wishes an quilting hugs to speed you on your way to feeling better .....
Old 09-09-2016, 05:51 PM

Mine came today, thanks!
Old 09-09-2016, 07:40 PM

My package arrived today. Yay!!!
Old 09-10-2016, 04:17 AM

Good to see the packages are arriving! I thought there were some really cute fabrics included this time. If one doesn't arrive and you want tracking info, let me know.

Thank you for the little goodies you sent!

Rena
Old 09-10-2016, 07:35 AM

Great package, Thank you all.
Thank you Rena for hosting. Get to feeling better.