Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Summer Table Runner Swap (see pg 5 for partners, signup closed) >
  • Summer Table Runner Swap (see pg 5 for partners, signup closed)

• Summer Table Runner Swap (see pg 5 for partners, signup closed)

Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM

b4laur,

I am sending your table runner off in the mail tomorrow. I hope you like it. I had so much fun making it. This is the first table runner I have ever made - I think these table runners would make wonderful Christmas presents for my family this year.
    Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
    Sewnsewer2, maybe you'd better keep that lovely chicken runner out of the reach of the grandkids! I had my butterfly runner on the old trunk we use for a coffe table and tonight GD Lily, 3, came in. She was captivated by it. She loved the butterflies and the "dragonbutterflies" but could not figure out why I had it on the trunk -- "tablerunner" made no sense to her. I finally told her it was a quilt to keep the table warm. Well, next thing I knew she had it on the floor and was trying to crawl under it. She loves the butterfly towel. I put it in the bathroom off the kitchen that she uses while visiting and she enjoyed drying her hands on it tonight.
    Got to love those grand kids. Your has very discriminating taste for quality work. :-) :-) :-)
    Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    Sewnsewer2, maybe you'd better keep that lovely chicken runner out of the reach of the grandkids! I had my butterfly runner on the old trunk we use for a coffe table and tonight GD Lily, 3, came in. She was captivated by it. She loved the butterflies and the "dragonbutterflies" but could not figure out why I had it on the trunk -- "tablerunner" made no sense to her. I finally told her it was a quilt to keep the table warm. Well, next thing I knew she had it on the floor and was trying to crawl under it. She loves the butterfly towel. I put it in the bathroom off the kitchen that she uses while visiting and she enjoyed drying her hands on it tonight.

Got to love those grand kids. Your has very discriminating taste for quality work. :-) :-) :-)

awww, that is so sweet a story! I am happy she too likes the runner and hand towel! :)
    Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM

I FINALLY found the last fabric I needed for the tablerunner. Do you ever just get stuck because the fabric absolutely must "fit" before you can start? Now I have to sew fast!!! (Can't wait to share and see everyone else's creations.)
    Old 05-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Originally Posted by sapdoggie

awww, that is so sweet a story! I am happy she too likes the runner and hand towel! :)
    I love how she called them "dragonbutterflies". My son called butterflies "butter-flut-flies" when he was little... I guess because all the books we would read always talked about the fluttering butterflies!! Kids are the Best!
    Old 05-16-2010, 05:02 PM

Bed time! I have an appointment for an oil change in the car tomorrow. Down to the last side of the binding! will (hopefully) finish it tomorrow & hope to mail it soon after!
    Old 05-16-2010, 05:05 PM

I sent mine off to Mrsnat on friday!
    Hope she likes it, it was real hard to send it off to someone else, wanted to keep it!
    Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 AM

Hey Gray! I just have to finish the binding which I hope to do tonight and your runner will go in the mail Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest!!! I am so excited to see what you decided to make especially after getting my doll quilt!!!
    Old 05-19-2010, 07:07 PM

My tablerunner was put in the mail today for KGoodhand. She should get it in about a week, so stay tuned for pictures - do not want to give the surprise away.
    Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 PM

I received my runner from JanRn. It is so pretty and nice. She also sent a bag of goodies for the pups, some nice potpourri, and some Red Zinger tea from my fav tea company.

Hope you like her. Thanks so much.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-70391.jpe   attachment-70392.jpe   attachment-70393.jpe