Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >
  • Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

• Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-18-2015, 04:03 PM
    Power Poster

I love the mugrug shapes, like the hearts. so cute. what next month gonna be???
    shamrock mugrugs??
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie
    I love the mugrug shapes, like the hearts. so cute. what next month gonna be???
    shamrock mugrugs??
    Brat posted few pages back (post 389) green and white, shamrocks, St. Patrick's Day, etc.
    She said we'll be following holidays, and when there's no holiday, fill in with whatever we all come up with.. And I imagine if someone doesn't celebrate that holiday, they can pair up and do something using the colors of that month..??..
    Kif
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:36 PM

Green and white sounds better than green and gold right now!
    Old 01-18-2015, 04:43 PM

Easter is on April 5th this year, so that's a holiday worth putting on a mug rug! And May? May Day? Memorial Day? Can't think of one for June. Summer, maybe? Getting ahead of myself now. I need motivation, I sat on my keester all day today and didn't touch the sewing machine. Maybe tomorrow while I'm doing laundry??
    Then back to the grind on Tuesday, and I never get anything done on weeknights. Sigh.
    Old 01-18-2015, 06:36 PM

Kiffie -- the Patriots are looking good! I'm sure you can guess which team i'm rooting for! My husband has been a Patriots fan since he arrived here from Ireland in 1984 (the year we married). But I'm not watching the game ... just rooting for them on the side. And we have a big Superbowl party every year, regardless of which teams make it to the Superbowl. We already started planning the menu today! We do a lot of cooking -- chili, sausage & peppers, chicken parmesan. ziti & meatballs, & whatever else we can come up with. And while everybody is watching the game, I have a date with my sewing machine.
    Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 PM
    Power Poster

May has Mothers day. flowers and such. light pastel colors.
    on the postcard swap, we pick a funky holiday. there is a list someplace.
    it lists everyday and its holiday. jan 8 was bubble bath day, so that what we did.
    I guess after doing red for valentine and green for st pats, we can take a vote
    for flowers for may or something like it. July can be red white and blue, sept back to school, oct Halloween ect.
    I hope i'm not stepping on anybody's feet by saying this.
    Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM

Ctyankee, I don't know anything about football,except that they all end up in a big pile. I do like the parties, your menu sound great.
    Old 01-19-2015, 07:25 AM

Yahoo PATRIOTS! was sorta hoping green bay and Patriots would play its always such a fun game to watch but heck.. the Patriots is grand so happy dancer here I WAS married to a Pat's fan and his family is such a big team fan that since I still call my X's mom MOM and she is a doll I am a Pat's fan lol. His sis is super sweet too so here I am. an x 49er area fan, my partner is a total Raiders fan and me.. a Patriot fan. guess it was the fun of having a competing team not just a because I live there. Does it count I have been to Maine many times? lol. ok not much I can see. I truly am not a football fan at all. I went once to a 49er name. sat in killer seats. when the opposing team came out and the whole crowd booed I was horrified. I thought (get this) hey those are someones KIDS out there. they work hard too la la la and well my x was looking at me like my screws were lose. that is how much of a sports fan I am. I think they all work hard lol.

onto sewing news! ok we are getting mug rugs delivered or sent right and left. THANK YOU PLAYERS! we cant not control our partners excitement, lack of writing, nothing .. but we can control how we look at it. You wanted to play right? you are and did. You are awesome. The rest of those who don't want to write here or to say thank you well.. I am sorry for them. They are missing the fun and the point of the swap. There is so much to be learned here. So much to share and so many good friends to make. why would anyone just .. take their item and not respond? argh pirates right? but the point is. to be happy with what you have done and given. Be happy. Its the joy of the entire swap. Like the angels they send with no expectations at all. and they do it because they want us all happy. Bless them.
    Old 01-19-2015, 07:48 AM

Ok Ladies, I have to say it. GOOOOOO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lived in Washington state for 30 years, my little 9 year old grandson is rooting for them too.
    Old 01-19-2015, 08:33 AM

Brat, I know I'm a quiet one, but follow every post. I have mine made, a little something extra, and working on another goodie, just because I like to..lol I will have them in the mail before deadline. Seems my partner is a 'quiet one' too. ;o)