Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >
  • Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

• Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 12-29-2014, 06:28 PM

Well,
    I didn't sign up for the swap this month, but I'm thinking I might be changing my mind...

Dwina,
    I have Hello Kitty fabric. Pink, white, Valentine-y...From a kindermat I made for a niece who loves HK. And since I'm sending you some fqs anyway, maybe Brat will consider partnering us... I'm fine with most anything, but I'd prefer not to have Hello Kitty...lol

I'm like Vitality, not a big fan of pink.. so I rather like the ideas of teal, aqua, green, etc...

As I always say, If we all liked the same things, how dull the world would be.

Regards all,
    Kif
    Old 12-29-2014, 06:30 PM

I do want to add to my previous post that I am already well on my way to finished on my Valentine's Mug Rug....and I did it in totally TRADITIONAL colors. lol So, I am hoping I get matched with a traditional Valentine color lovin' partner! LOL
    Old 12-29-2014, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    I do want to add to my previous post that I am already well on my way to finished on my Valentine's Mug Rug....and I did it in totally TRADITIONAL colors. lol So, I am hoping I get matched with a traditional Valentine color lovin' partner! LOL
    I'm truly happy with traditional Valentine's colors as well... Or teal, aqua, etc. And I'm happy to try and make whatever my partner would like if I can. I know in the swap rules it asks us to please not impose expectations on our partners, so I don't want to do that at all.
    I know part of swaps, is we sign up knowing we might get something "unique" that we may not have ever thought of...but might just end up loving it! Kind of like myself and paisley fabric...and large modern-y flower prints...lol. I just saw where TOOMANYUFO's loves and would like Hello Kitty. And I remembered I have some perfect for Valentine's Day.
    Here's a sneak peek of the Hello Kitty fabric I have:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]504101[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_20141229_204054.jpg  
    Old 12-29-2014, 07:03 PM
    Power Poster

Love it all. love that froggy fabric. not into frogs, per say, but how do you
    not smile when seeing those?? I love it. i'll take anything whomever gets me
    wants to make for me. I love it all. I love cats, but I love those froggies, so cute!
    Old 12-29-2014, 08:05 PM

I would love anything someone sends me. I'm really not hard to please.
    Old 12-29-2014, 08:08 PM

I think that since it's a Valentine MR it should be in pinks, reds and or white/cream. Florals are also lovely. The MR swap that was just completed showed just how talented you ladies are and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this time. I like just about anything, but as for colors bright orange and yellow are a definite no.
    Old 12-29-2014, 08:38 PM

#2 states it must be hand quilted. Are you saying it cannot be quilted on the machine? I cannot do hand quilting. My hands don't work well with hand needles.
    Old 12-29-2014, 08:43 PM

I am just an observer for the Valentine swap but wanted to let you know dee1245...that 'hand quilted' just means...NOT store bought! Anything you make by hand or with your machine, using fabric, hankies, doilies, just anything as long as you make it, I am sure it will be ok. Others can double verify if I am correct.
    Old 12-29-2014, 09:29 PM

SandyinZ4,
    You're right.
    Last mug rug swap, Brat put the same thing, got questions, and said she goofed, she meant it needed to be hand made, as in not store bought. She said machine quilting is fine.

Regards,
    K
    Old 12-30-2014, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    I'm truly happy with traditional Valentine's colors as well... Or teal, aqua, etc. And I'm happy to try and make whatever my partner would like if I can. I know in the swap rules it asks us to please not impose expectations on our partners, so I don't want to do that at all.
    I know part of swaps, is we sign up knowing we might get something "unique" that we may not have ever thought of...but might just end up loving it! Kind of like myself and paisley fabric...and large modern-y flower prints...lol. I just saw where TOOMANYUFO's loves and would like Hello Kitty. And I remembered I have some perfect for Valentine's Day.
    Here's a sneak peek of the Hello Kitty fabric I have:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]504101[/ATTACH]
    I would love that Hello Kitty fabric and pink is my favorite color. I have a pink HK sewing machine. Since I haven't started I could make you something non traditional. That sounds like a win win plan.