Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter Dear Jane Block Swap Closed Mail by January 2nd >
  • Winter Dear Jane Block Swap Closed Mail by January 2nd

• Winter Dear Jane Block Swap Closed Mail by January 2nd

Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 AM

I agree with the lack of discussion here :roll: There have only been a few of us leaving input... Still workin on them!!! :( ...M-2 and L5 are done, A-5 - have to sew the flying geese pairs together - then 9-patch. I'm on D-10 now... what on this earth possessed me to decide to make 12 of these [38pcs each...ugh]. something happened in bobbin case while sewing the half square triangle sections together to make four-patches and I was "sewing" without bobbin thread for 14 pair :cry: guess it isn't that bad considering I could have "finished" all 48 pair before realizing my bobbin thread had broken off! So I'm taking a break before continuing. Will definitely be in the mail by Friday.

I was reading another of your posts and saw you are making the "My Renaissance" BOM from Michele Hill. WOW - I just bought her book - William Morris in Applique. There's another quilt being offered as BOM in there - Wm Morris Floral Sampler - a little more spread out on light background, but same idea. I've been trying to decide whether to make one of the other quilts in the book [those dont have patterns] Her Kelmscott and Friends patterns are also stunning. You can check it out at the following site:

http://www.michelehill.com.au/index....iewDoc&docId=3

I do know what you mean about getting the right fabrics though. But I have been pretty good at figuring out what you really need without having extra. The quilt show.com had Sue Garman's Stars for a New Day last year. The kit was well over two hundred, I figured out what was needed and two of my friends and I split the fabric and price came to 280 for the 3 of us. Luckily we were able to find the fabrics she used because they were perfect!
    Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM

Thanks for posting the link to Michele Hill! :thumbup: Also, I book marked the other BOM. :wink:
    I have the book on order from Barnes & Noble, should be here any day, one of my Christmas presents.

I fall into the stingy group on fabric and can use it up with the best of them, but I just hate to run short!!! I knew I was buying too much on my Baby Jane, but I wanted to stay true to the fabric line.

It is fun to share the same project with others, please post your Sue Garman's Stars for New Day quilt!
    Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 PM

after I get the dear Jane winter blocks in the mail ...I will take a picture of what I have done. The top is not "quite" finished - it is very close though, but on top of other UFOs at the moment. Unfortunately life kept me from completing it and then I had to finish a couple of quilts that had priority, like grandson's monkey quilt that was in a quilt show and a manatee quilt I made for daughter's best friend as a [late]wedding present :lol: there were also a couple of behcet's disease conferences I went to [29yr old daughter has it]
    glad you're getting the book - you will love it!!
    Old 12-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Man I'm way behind. I still have one more set to go.

Do you guys want to do another Dear Jane after this one?
    Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by bookworm

how many projects do you have going bookworm?? you're moderating the row robin also [I ask another quilter :lol: we all have too many, right?] have you received DJs from many in the group?
    Old 12-30-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    Originally Posted by bookworm

how many projects do you have going bookworm?? you're moderating the row robin also [I ask another quilter :lol: we all have too many, right?] have you received DJs from many in the group?
    I was wondering the same thing. Do we have a good turn out? It's hard to tell just by reading the thread.
    Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 AM

Bookworm, can you post the received blocks on the protected section of the Group Activities for this swap?

My three sets are scheduled to be delivered today, according to the USPS tracking.

I hope there is a good turn out! :D
    Old 12-30-2010, 09:18 AM

I'm still thinking about this, but I would like to set mine on point with nine patchs/strips separating them. Do you have any plans yet?
    Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 AM

I've been posting them in the protected section for you guys as I get them.

I'm participating in the round robin, running the row robin, this swap, doing the batik swap.... and the boomerang swap.

Ok maybe that's a few. We got an OK turn out in this swap but I think a few more became interested. I'd wait a month or so before starting another DJ swap to give everyone catch up time :)

So far I've gotten blocks from 6 people and hopefully wilhelmina's will be showing up since her's say they're due for delivery today :)
    Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
    Power Poster

If you do another Dear jane swap what colors are you thinking ? One of these days I should just bite the bullet and do the whole thing myself :roll: LOL