Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter Fabric Postcard Swap - Registration Closes 11-17 >
  • Winter Fabric Postcard Swap - Registration Closes 11-17

• Winter Fabric Postcard Swap - Registration Closes 11-17

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
    Power Poster

((((((HUGS)))))) I am so sorry to hear this ((((((HUGS))))))
    Thank you for letting us know, pop in when you can!
    Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
    Just a quick not to let everyone know that BonniFeltz is taking over this swap and the secret pal swap.

My mother in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver, lungs and bones. She is coming home today on hospice care and I will be her primary care giver. This has to be my number one priority right now along with my husband who is not dealing with this very well (as expected).

I won't be totally gone from the board but my priorites have to be with them at this time.

Thanks for all the enthusiasm ya'll have had for this swap. Have fun with it and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Suzanne
    -----
    Hi Everybody:

Suzanne is so busy right now that she hasn't given me any information about this swap and the information on who is in or not. I can read the posts to see what this is all about but that would not give me your individual information that you PM'd to Suzanne. Please resend that so I can work on getting this swap going on also. Please put that this is for the postcard swap when you PM me since it appears I am running two swaps for Suzanne. :)

Thanks everybody.
    Old 11-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Bonni - I found my bottle of Zoloft - we'll get you through two of these :)

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Just a quick not to let everyone know that BonniFeltz is taking over this swap and the secret pal swap.

My mother in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver, lungs and bones. She is coming home today on hospice care and I will be her primary care giver. This has to be my number one priority right now along with my husband who is not dealing with this very well (as expected).

I won't be totally gone from the board but my priorites have to be with them at this time.

Thanks for all the enthusiasm ya'll have had for this swap. Have fun with it and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Suzanne
    -----
    Hi Everybody:

Suzanne is so busy right now that she hasn't given me any information about this swap and the information on who is in or not. I can read the posts to see what this is all about but that would not give me your individual information that you PM'd to Suzanne. Please resend that so I can work on getting this swap going on also. Please put that this is for the postcard swap when you PM me since it appears I am running two swaps for Suzanne. :)

Thanks everybody.
    Old 11-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts

Suzanne
    -----
    Hi Everybody:

Thanks everybody.
    So that means you want to join in on this swap Connie? (grins).
    Old 11-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Nope :)

Originally Posted by Conniequilts

Suzanne
    -----
    Hi Everybody:

Thanks everybody.
    So that means you want to join in on this swap Connie? (grins).
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 AM

I know that the registration time is still going on but I just wanted to make sure that if anybody is interested in this to let me know. I have the following people who said they were interested but I still need your addresses. You probably sent that to Suzanne but I do not have access to that section yet. Those people are:

Brenda 21
    candi
    deltadawn
    nurse bonnie
    debbieumphress
    amma
    Qbee
    HobbySue
    KellyK
    rejenea
    rsmomx3

I also have the following people on the list of interested and already have their address so they are all set.

Lindyline
    Short an Sweet
    dotcomdtcm

If you no longer wish to be in this swap also let me know.

Thanks everybody. I have been loving all the pictures of the postcards that you guys have done. Truly inspiring. Keep up the good work.

Bonni
    Old 11-03-2010, 05:19 PM

I mailed out several fabric postcards today In an envelope they are $1.29 to mail or you can mail them like they are for regular first class rate and they will hand cancel them for an extra twenty cents. I put them in envelopes and had them put stamp and cancel it on the postcard We(the postal clerk and myself) both thought they would fair better. Here are two that I mailed today
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-118801.jpe  
    Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by jayelee
    I mailed out several fabric postcards today In an envelope they are $1.29 to mail or you can mail them like they are for regular first class rate and they will hand cancel them for an extra twenty cents. I put them in envelopes and had them put stamp and cancel it on the postcard We(the postal clerk and myself) both thought they would fair better. Here are two that I mailed today
    Those are adorable! Thanks for posting the pix. How did you do them? Did you sew them or glue them or a combination? Also what was the back like? did you make it look like a postcard on the back or was it just blank.

Thanks in advance for answering these questions because I haven't made these before.
    Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM

two layers of batting with a piece of manilla folder in between to stiffen it glued all together then heat and bonded the fabric to both sides Heatand bonded pieces on top and used pigma pen on back and made it look like a postcard then bound it like a quilt
    Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM

I have several winter post cards made so sign me up. moosegirl