Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap >
  • Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

• Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

Old 10-05-2017, 07:46 PM

Libster, Thank you and you are welcome, I have enjoyed hosting the swap. I want to do another swap but just need some suggestions from all you ladies. So far I have had suggestions of Hexies, floral, Halloween and Spring, these are the ones that I remember off the top of my head I don't have the info in front of me but I think there were a few more. All suggestions are welcome.
    Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 AM

I think a Churn Dash or Jacob's Ladder, etc. done in a particular colorway would be a fun swap. Any simple traditional pattern done with a unified background would be easy enough for beginners and/or interesting enough for advanced quilters alike.
    I would love to do a large floral print Churn Dash done in spring colors. A fussy cut center would make such a pretty block.
    Come on, Ladies, what are some other suggestions? Swaps are FUN!
    Old 10-06-2017, 06:46 AM

Fun blocks armylady. I have enjoyed this swap & have loved seeing everyone's blocks. I'm so looking forward to seeing what blocks come my way!

I love Libster's idea. I'd love to do a Churn Dash swap. I'd be game to do floral prints. I did a Halloween swap one year on quilt board where in addition to the regular swap I added a side swap with 3" blocks. Those 3" blocks were so fun to make a side wall-hanging or border. So my idea would be to do the Churn Dash swap with the 20 blocks & add the side swap as well with the same theme but 6 inch blocks. You can make up to 3 sets on the side swap. No one would be required to do the extra side swap. (Just a thought) I love the churn dash quilts with the different size blocks. (Or maybe a churn dash swap with 6 inch or 12 inch blocks.
    Old 10-06-2017, 07:28 AM

Libster and Muse&Sew I like the Churn Dash suggestion and I also like the ideal of giving an option of a side swap of no more than 3 sets. I will do another post of all the suggestion so far and see what everyone would be interested in doing, I think the more we have join the more variety of blocks we will receive to make a quilt out of.
    Old 10-06-2017, 07:41 AM

Ladies so I went back through all my message and cleared my box so this is the suggestions that I have received through PM.

Florals, Snowmen, Halloween (I know these 2 are getting ready to pass but they were on the list) Spring (flowers, bunnies etc) Spring with Hexies, Valentines (hearts in pinks, reds and white or a color version of red, white and pinks with hearts thrown in. Pinwheels with valentiney fabrics but not limited to a heart) Stars, fun girlie swap w/purses or shoes etc. Wildlife swap (deers, bears, campers, wolves, tents etc) Fall and then you have the suggestions in the above post from Libster and Muse&sew.

So ladies lets discuss it and lets get another swap picked and then after I mail the winter blocks out and everyone has received them then I can get permission to host another swap. I would take in account of the holidays coming up and we would have longer to make and mail the blocks.
    Old 10-06-2017, 08:01 AM
    Power Poster

A spring type quilt sounds perfect to me. The season would fall right when we get the blocks back. Bunnies, flowers, hearts, birds, tulips, easter and valentines day ... Well you get the picture, and it would combine many of the suggested topics.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-06-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    Old 10-06-2017, 09:08 AM

Ladies take a look at Mjdutro,s blocks I received today they are log cabins.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581808[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Armylady2012; 08-31-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    Old 10-06-2017, 09:57 AM

I have been following this swap and am sorry I wasn't able to join in this year. All the blocks look great and I can't wait to see some finished tops here soon.

I like all the suggestions, Armlady, but I like the idea of an outdoors/woodsy/camping etc themed swap. Or a Churn Dash swap. I'll be watching to see what gets voted in!
    Old 10-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Love florals, churndash with floral would be fantastic
    Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Mjdutro, your blocks are so pretty. They're different from any that I've seen yet. We are going to have fantastic quilts!