Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap >
  • Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

• Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 AM

Billi, you blocks are great! Feels good to get them done doesn't it??
    Red, I was envisioning you in your garden...I miss gardening...we're in an apt with a large deck out back and a small area beyond that that slopes up to an upper lawn which I have flowers and such in and a tiny patch by my front door as I'm an end unit that I took over. The landlord loves us cause I have beautified the ugly outside, but I do miss a real garden! My mom was a great gardener and had the most gorgeous iris in the world!!!
    Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Billi
    Thank you all I'm pretty happy with them I would never say artist (thanks red you made my day) but I like them. Well I gave up on the winter tress it just is not going to happen so I went rummaging through my stash and found the deer and moose print it's still a very winter with just a touch of Christmas feel to it. My blocks finished at one set at 6.5 one set at 9.5 one at 9.5x12.5 and the other three at 12.5
    I'm getting them all labeled today and they will be in the mail by tomorrow. . \Red in my other swaps I have just sent cash to cover return postage is that good for you? Or do you prefer my return envelope to be stamped also?

Hi Billi,

I had seven girls send money for the Halloween swap and it worked out great billi! Thanks for asking. Either is good for me really. I just buy the postage/confirmation slip on line and put the money in the bank.

I did have one girl pm me to say that she was able to buy the confirmation slip and attach it to the return envelope at her post office. ( I think some will and some won't, depending on your post office.) You can send the confirmation slip attached to the return envelope with the reciept, or keep it for your records, once I mail them back. Either way the tracking will be activated working when they are scanned into the post office computer when they receive them at my post office. I have done it this way for swaps at our post office. But, like I said, some post offices will and some won't. You can check at your office to see if you want to do it that way.

Oh! I think the postage went up so check to make sure they put enough on the envelope.
    I will cover the cost of the postage increase on your return envelopes that are not reflecting the new amount and sent early girls. I think it is only 15 cents. I will check when I take them into the main post office.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-09-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    Old 10-09-2014, 09:13 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Billi, you blocks are great! Feels good to get them done doesn't it??
    Red, I was envisioning you in your garden...I miss gardening...we're in an apt with a large deck out back and a small area beyond that that slopes up to an upper lawn which I have flowers and such in and a tiny patch by my front door as I'm an end unit that I took over. The landlord loves us cause I have beautified the ugly outside, but I do miss a real garden! My mom was a great gardener and had the most gorgeous iris in the world!!!
    I wish you could garden ronda. I landscaped and put every plant into my yard when we first moved here, so they are my babies! LOL! I just love to get out and dig in my soil and keep the flowers deadheaded. It is such a cleansing and satisfying feeling to putter around the garden and wave at the neighbors occasionally. My burning bushes are really pretty this year. I have four of them that flank the sidewalk on this street side of the house.
    Attached Thumbnails 000_3067.jpg   p1010117.jpg  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-09-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Old 10-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Red I love the front of your house very pretty and inviting. I do not enjoy gardening or yard work, and we have major water issues around here I should post a picture of my drought tolerant low maintance front yard

Anyway I just returned from the post office and my blocks are on the way I went ahead and bought the return stamp as it came with a tracking number printed on my receipt so I have tracking numbers going and coming estimated date is Suturday the 11th if it's not there by Monday let me know and I'll pm the tracking # to you.
    Old 10-09-2014, 11:18 AM

What the heck I went out and took some quick pictures. . The first one is the front of the house after coming up the drive way. The other three are the lower part of yard and driveway coming off the street. It shows the front and right side of the yard. The last one is my favorite part of the front yard the standing stone garden. Everything is on drip lines and very little ground cover to keep green. A very desert feel
    Attached Thumbnails 2014-10-09-12.07.31.jpg   2014-10-09-12.07.10.jpg   2014-10-09-12.06.51.jpg   2014-10-09-12.06.28.jpg  
    Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 PM
    Power Poster

Oh dear billi... agave, palms, iceplant and lovely home. Solar equipped too! How nice. Is that joshua tree plants I see there too?

At any rate, I love seeing where you live. Tropical paradise....

Oh I almost forgot to tell you I will watch for the blocks and let you know when they arrive. I was daydreaming about your lifestyle .... LOL!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-09-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Old 10-09-2014, 06:08 PM
    Power Poster

Hi dfelker ... Your blocks are here! Nice work on them too!
    Old 10-10-2014, 06:26 AM

Wow! I love the pics of your home Red! It helps to personalize us I think. Billi, your home is also very lovely with the desert landscape.

I decided to add a picture or two of my deck. I collect junk and such and re-purpose things.
    Attached Thumbnails back-deck-copy.jpg  
    Old 10-10-2014, 07:33 AM
    Power Poster

Oh how sweet ronda! I just love your vignette you created in front of your apartment! No wonder your manager appreciates you. You have a real talent for gardening in containers. So very country, which I love.
    Old 10-10-2014, 09:11 AM

Red I am not sure the names of all the plants I have king, queen and sago palms, lantana, Pygmy palms, date palm and some hens and chicks, aeonium and othe succulents and cacti that couldn't begin to name. We like it it suits the house and yard and it's low water usage.

Ronda I love your deck it is awesome. I also love rusty used and vintage mr Bill has a hard time with it but I've been sneaking it in in him little at a time he's getting better he no longer looks at something I love and asks if Im going to paint it......no if I wanted it to look new I would buy it new silly man.