Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap >
  • Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

• Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Old 10-17-2014, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Oh dear dottie .... I didn't have time to take pictures during the swap out. I am so sorry. But, maybe some of the girls will post their treasures as they come in. Sometimes they do.

I hope you are feeling better soon and that your neck goes back into place. I know the feeling myself and it isn't a very good situation to be in.
    Not a problem Red. I've been following this thread from the start so I have drooled over many different blocks. Just wanted to see what I "could" have had. Hope someone does post a picture of their layout. Those that took part in this swap will have some very nice quilts.
    Saw a neurologist today and I decided not to go with surgery. He said that the way my spine looked I would be ready for surgery again in 2 or 3 years. He said waiting wouldn't hurt anything if I can stand the pain. I can take the pain.
    Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 AM
    Power Poster

Oh dear!!! I hope you have a good masseuse or chiropractor. I was so out of whack I was wondering if I ever would stand up straight again. My palmer chiropractor was able to have me back to "normal" again now. That was a very painful and scary happening! My guy works with athletes and he is really good.
    Old 10-18-2014, 10:39 AM

Got my blocks today!!! Thank you ladies for some beautiful blocks. Thank you Red for all your hard work.Now to put them together!!
    Old 10-18-2014, 10:51 AM

I just received my Holiday blocks. I got some really beautiful ones. Thanks to all how participated in the swap! Thanks Red for hosting. But, I have one major complaint. As soon as I opened the package, everything smelled like smoke. I hope that nobody who receives their blocks are allergic to smoke. I am an ex-smoker of 5 years this month and this bothers me. Sorry!
    Old 10-18-2014, 11:29 AM
    Power Poster

I don't know who smokes or not who participates in the swap. But, they all stay in their plastic envelopes until the swap out day. There was no one near those blocks with cigarette smoke in my home. I suppose that if you are so allergic, maybe set them outside for a while on the lawn. I have heard this helps the most.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-18-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    Old 10-18-2014, 11:35 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
    Got my blocks today!!! Thank you ladies for some beautiful blocks. Thank you Red for all your hard work.Now to put them together!!
    You are so very welcome! I hope you have fun with them and show and tell with us.
    Old 10-18-2014, 12:23 PM

Red, just wanted to let you know that I received my blocks today, and they are all beautiful! I still consider myself a beginner, and the skill level of you ladies amazes me. A couple of the blocks didn't have names attached. When I get a chance, I'll look back through the thread and see if I can match up the quilters to them for a personal thank you.

Rather than make one big wall hanging, I think I'm going to divide the blocks up for several smaller projects. Thanks again to everyone for such a great swap, and a big thank you to Red for hosting!
    Old 10-18-2014, 12:38 PM
    Power Poster

I am sorry about that cooky. Sometimes they fall off during the swapping process and sometimes the swappers forget to attach their name to the blocks. But, I am glad you liked them and I hope you have tons of fun making your projects with them. I could maybe tell if you posted a picture for us to see it.
    Old 10-18-2014, 02:46 PM

I just want to thank all of you for the wonderful blocks I received today. I love each and every one. I can't wait to start playing with them. I think I will mix them with my snowman blocks from last year.

Sandy, thank you for being the ever gracious host again. I just love your swaps. I am so sorry I was short on my postage. I promise to make it up to you.

I also have one more thing to add, according to the rules, every skill level is welcome, we don't discriminate from any country participating, the swaps are open to all board members who follow the stated rules. (NOT just the non smoking members!) I am a militant non smoker. Yet I tolerate smoking by my loved ones. It is not my choice, it is there's. That being said, I am not offended or put off by a bit of smoke. If you spray the blocks with a bit of vinegar and water and air out in the sun, that should take care of the smell.

And, complaints should be made to the hostess in a private pm. Seriously, it is offensive to see the complaints.

Or, was it your intent to offend others and put them off of participating?
    Old 10-18-2014, 03:04 PM

Ya know, I would love to host a few swaps next year. (There are very few hosting different block swaps this year.) I am an active member. I have the time and am extremely organized. But, I probably won't volunteer because, I don't want to offend anyone. I keep my fabrics separate, I wash everything. I put a lot of thought into my blocks. I try to make them as perfect as I know how. I follow through with every commitment I make on this board in the swaps to the very best of my ability. And the argument for smoking/non smoking offends me.

Originally Posted by klaws
    I just received my Holiday blocks. I got some really beautiful ones. Thanks to all how participated in the swap! Thanks Red for hosting. But, I have one major complaint. As soon as I opened the package, everything smelled like smoke. I hope that nobody who receives their blocks are allergic to smoke. I am an ex-smoker of 5 years this month and this bothers me. Sorry!