• Pictures
  • Mission: Organization
  • Colors Colors so many Colors >
  • Colors Colors so many Colors

• Colors Colors so many Colors

Old 06-20-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
    I’m in process of redoing garage into sewing studio
    Wow, there is fixing up a space and then there is starting from scratch. Oh my what a project you have going. I can't wait to see more pictures as you progress along. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 06-20-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mindless
    You might find this interesting:
    Yes I did find the article very interesting. Some of the information I had heard before, but there was tons of new stuff I would not have imagined. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Old 06-20-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K
    Sewing Senior, When you get the chips you like post a pic or two here if you can.
    Can my Mother adopt you? I soooo need a sister that knows all of the stuff you talk about, as well as one that will tell me I made the right choice on a major home improvement item. I don't mind missing the mark on a couple cans of paint, but if I had made a bad choice on the flooring I would have died right there on the stop. Thanks for keeping me alive, lol.

Sherwin Williams is my go to brand also. We have had a contractor's account with them for years so I have a little extra incentive. We used their Empire Gold in my offices (formally the living room and dining room) and we love the way it looks with the same flooring as my sewing room. [ATTACH=CONFIG]596216[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all the great suggestions and advice, please keep 'em coming. I need all the help I can get.
    Attached Thumbnails dscn6132.jpg  
    Old 06-21-2018, 04:59 AM

That is some gorgeous color fun in your rooms. Nice that we speak the same color language (brands). They keep trying to get my old fan decks. LOL.
    Old 06-21-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore
    I also chose a mint green. I thought it was too bright when I first applied it to the walls but when the flooring and furniture went in it took on a different look. [ATTACH=CONFIG]596155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596156[/ATTACH]And the color does change throughout the day depending on where the sun is coming in.
    That is the color I have in my living room. I just love it, since my furniture is OD green and cranberry with cranberry carpet. I have an area rug that pulls the colors together.
    Old 06-21-2018, 04:22 PM

I loved the green with the furniture. I wish I could change the color of my sewing studio but it is an open floor plans so I would have to paint the whole floor and no, it isn't worth it. I just put lots of fun things on the walls.

Originally Posted by jmoore
    I also chose a mint green. I thought it was too bright when I first applied it to the walls but when the flooring and furniture went in it took on a different look. [ATTACH=CONFIG]596155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596156[/ATTACH]And the color does change throughout the day depending on where the sun is coming in.
    Old 06-21-2018, 07:22 PM

I painted mine white, then the ceiling green and the wood work green. I have no windows.
    Old 06-21-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior
    Wannabee Quilting, Zozee, Jordan and Madamekelly, I love yellow, however here in TX it gets really hot in the summer and yellow is a warm color, so I try not to use it. And with the white woodwork I don't think the white shades would be enough contrast, although I would love them if I had stained wood instead. Thanks for suggestions.
    Certainly understandable. The warmth is something I crave after our long Maryland winters. I just repainted another bedroom (hubby calls it my sewing annex ). It's on the north side, and my kids lived at home, I let them choose their own room colors (within reason) . My boys always chose blue. Can you say "cold"? I repainted it a warm white called Cottage White. And now I love it!
    Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 AM

I've had pink, sage and yellow. Right now it is a really pretty light shade of aqua.
    Old 06-23-2018, 02:03 PM

After hours of looking at Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, Home Depot (Behr) and a couple other sites and going over pictures of color after color, I decided you ladies/guys here on QB were on the right track with color suggestions. I narrowed my field down to these three paint colors, all Sherwin Williams.

Tradewind - SW-6218
    https://www.sherwin-williams.com/hom...ngColors&p=PS0

Tidewater - SW-6477

Embellished Blue - SW-6749

With the blue/gray or blue/green shades in my head I went in search of bedding for the daybed that that has to stay in my sewing room. I started this morning about 6:30am and I finally placed an order about 15 minutes ago (it's now 6:23pm). As fate would have it none of my 3 paint colors above will work with the bedding, which is called aqua although it doesn't look like aqua on my computer screen.

Thank goodness for computerized paint color machines. When the bedding arrives I will take it down to the paint dealer and have them match the color. Can't wait to get this project finished so I can do what you're suppose to do in a sewing room...S E W...

Finished project pictures to come in about 2 weeks (hey I'm old and slow remember, lol)