Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Hope you're impressed izy!! Sewing room sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/hope-youre-impressed-izy-sewing-room-sorted-t184528.html)

Sewfine 04-01-2012 01:04 AM

So neat and organzied. Love the window seal.

butterflies5518 04-01-2012 07:45 AM

So cool! Love the upper shelving for additional storage. I didn't win the lottery unfortunately so can I "borrow" your ideas for free?

CoventryUK 04-01-2012 09:18 AM

Thankyou all for your kind comments!! I am really thrilled with my room....still can't quite believe I've actually achieved it!!! My fabrics have always been rather 'thrown' together! scraps, fat quarters,yardage etc....no colour co-ordination!! It got to the point that I was a little overwhelmed!!! I now feel much happier in there and ready to start on some scrap quilts!! I have actually done 6 blocks this afternoon!!!! I can reach the top shelves..at a stretch..but do have some steps handy!! It's certainly easier getting the smaller boxes down!!! Can't believe I struggled with the big ones for so long!!!! This would never have got done without Izy's help and organising skills!!!! I hope others are inspired!!!! Off to do some more sewing!!!!!:thumbup:

CoventryUK 04-01-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by AuntieD (Post 5105694)
Love your sewing accessories! Great window and lighting in your special room.

Thankyou! The window overlooks the driveway to our home! At the moment the fence looks a little bare but in a few weeks time there will be flower troughs hanging there (when all the frosts have gone!!) So the view will be a little prettier!!!

carolstvnsn 04-01-2012 10:36 AM

Your room looks fabulous! Congratulations.

MaryAnnMc 04-01-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK (Post 5107638)
Thankyou! The window overlooks the driveway to our home! At the moment the fence looks a little bare but in a few weeks time there will be flower troughs hanging there (when all the frosts have gone!!) So the view will be a little prettier!!!

Oh, darn, I was going to volunteer to come over and do some gardening for you! It's getting too hot here in Florida, but the gardening bug never goes away. Oh, well... but seriously, you two ladies did a fabulous job on the room and I've enjoyed your banter. Unfortunately I didn't win the lottery either. Guess I forgot to play!

CoventryUK 04-01-2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc (Post 5107913)
Oh, darn, I was going to volunteer to come over and do some gardening for you! It's getting too hot here in Florida, but the gardening bug never goes away. Oh, well... but seriously, you two ladies did a fabulous job on the room and I've enjoyed your banter. Unfortunately I didn't win the lottery either. Guess I forgot to play!

Hey!! You would be more than welcome!!! I have a fairly large(100') back garden that is in SERIOUS need of a make-over!!!!! Izy says the beds comfy too!!!!!:D

janiesews 04-01-2012 05:50 PM

Looks sew nice!! I wish Izy lived in my neck of the woods. Iam in the process of trying to get organized. It is a work in progress. Enjoy your neat space.

Dee 04-01-2012 08:25 PM

Nice sewing room. Friends are wonderful.

BETTY62 04-01-2012 08:34 PM

I love your sewing room. The big window is awesome.