Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Hope you're impressed izy!! Sewing room sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/hope-youre-impressed-izy-sewing-room-sorted-t184528.html)

2Chuckie2 04-02-2012 02:01 AM

Great job Hilary! And I thought I had a lot of plastic boxes!! LOL I recently resorted all my plains (small version) after seeing someone's lovely tidy room on QB. I put them into plastic boxes and stored them on top of the two cupboards I use, and felt very virtuous. Then last week DH noticed that our front bedroom (we live in a bungalow) was sunny and my workroom wasn't as it was on the side of the house and faced a wooden fence. So we swapped the front bedroom for my workroom, and now we have an en-suite bedroom, and I have a sunny bigger room, which also faces down our drive so I see all the doings of the village.!!

Quiltlady330 04-02-2012 05:35 AM

I love your sign. Creative and tidy don't go in the same sentence, do they? :) You've really maximized your space. Enjoy!

Quiltlady330 04-02-2012 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2Chuckie2 (Post 5109564)
Great job Hilary! And I thought I had a lot of plastic boxes!! LOL I recently resorted all my plains (small version) after seeing someone's lovely tidy room on QB. I put them into plastic boxes and stored them on top of the two cupboards I use, and felt very virtuous. Then last week DH noticed that our front bedroom (we live in a bungalow) was sunny and my workroom wasn't as it was on the side of the house and faced a wooden fence. So we swapped the front bedroom for my workroom, and now we have an en-suite bedroom, and I have a sunny bigger room, which also faces down our drive so I see all the doings of the village.!!

Sounds like a wonderful DH to notice!

PAQUILTS 04-02-2012 06:08 AM

Hi, I am going to Waterloovile, near Portsmouth, England at the end of April to visit my Son, any Quilt stores near by ?
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
PaQuilts
JudyB.

CoventryUK 04-02-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by PAQUILTS (Post 5110057)
Hi, I am going to Waterloovile, near Portsmouth, England at the end of April to visit my Son, any Quilt stores near by ?
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
PaQuilts
JudyB.

Hi!! I've found you one in...Waterlooville!!!!:thumbup: www.teepeequilts.co.uk Also one in Fareham which is fairly close.....www.jolly-stitcher.co.uk Hope you enjoy your visit!!! You do know we pay a LOT more for our fabric here in the UK....so you might not find 'bargains'!! but I'm sure you'll enjoy 'just looking'!!!!!

nstitches4u 04-02-2012 01:39 PM

Your sewing room looks wonderful! Ask Izy if she would like to come to the US and help me get organized! lol

quiltyfeelings 04-02-2012 04:10 PM

Must. Get. Me. An. Izy.
:) :)

Janne 04-03-2012 02:23 AM

Love your shelf above the window!

CoventryUK 04-03-2012 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Janne (Post 5112405)
Love your shelf above the window!

Thankyou!! It helps having a DH that is good at DIY!!!! They come in handy sometimes!! (DH's I mean!!!):D

Ruby the Quilter 04-03-2012 11:39 PM

How nice to have everything organized - and even better to have help from a friend. If you are like me keeping it organized is the problem!