Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Loving tables and cabinets my husband made! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/loving-tables-cabinets-my-husband-made-t292244.html)

Penster 10-30-2017 02:35 PM

Hi Dianne,
He is real creative and comes up with the designs himself, after i talk to him and tell him what I want or need. The vanishing design wall was purchased from the internet. My husband actually thought the idea up, and tried to make one using an old screen he had. It was a flop, but then we figured we couldn't be the only ones who wanted or needed one, so we googled it and found the professionally manufactured product. I really think the firm was called Vanishing Design Wall, but I cant find them now. But there appears to be a couple other vendors out there that now sell them. Google "retractable quilt design wall" and you will see some.

Thanks for your kind comments!

Penster 10-30-2017 02:38 PM

Hi Dianne,
He is real creative and comes up with the designs himself, after i talk to him and tell him what I want or need. The vanishing design wall was purchased from the internet. My husband actually thought the idea up, and tried to make one using an old screen he had. It was a flop, but then we figured we couldn't be the only ones who wanted or needed one, so we googled it and found the professionally manufactured product. I really think the firm was called Vanishing Design Wall, but I cant find them now. But there appears to be a couple other vendors out there that now sell them. Google "retractable quilt design wall" and you will see some.

Thanks for your kind comments!

Originally Posted by mlt150 (Post 7934702)
You are very blessed with such a talented husband. Did he use his own plans? Also interested in your white retractable screen; did your husband purchase? If so, may I ask where? Happy sewing!!

Innov8R 10-30-2017 05:26 PM

Your room is fantastic. I have a helpful DH too. I particularly like the shelf to the left of your sewing machine. I didn't think of anything like that when my DH built my furniture.

stillvnu 10-30-2017 05:31 PM

Great tables and cabinets! You are one lucky lady!

midwife 10-30-2017 05:33 PM

That's a great room. Love all the windows and your husband did a great job.

Terry in the ADK 10-30-2017 06:04 PM

Wonderful! Just a thought though, are you rulers in sunlight? If so probably not a good idea.
When you have a minute, might you come and organize my sewing room?

jmoore 10-31-2017 03:26 AM

I can see why you’d be content...your space looks perfect. You’re lucky to have such a handy husband. : )

Jules51 10-31-2017 02:55 PM

Loving your space. Lucky you to have such a great husband that understands your need for a great, organized sewing room!

Pam S 11-01-2017 06:53 AM

Great set-up. Your husband's cabinetry work looks professional. Is this just a hobby for him or does he do this kind of thing for a living?

Jingle 11-01-2017 07:15 PM

You have a wonderful sewing room, now you can really make some quilts.