Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   New sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-sewing-room-t283406.html)

EmiliasNana 10-30-2016 06:14 AM

Enjoy your new baby and cozy sewing room. We got two puppies when we retired. They are 2 1/2 yrs. now and we still have baby gates up to keep them out of my sewing room (I'm terrified of dropped pins etc.) and the kitchen, as one has a real affinity for the dish towel. I really think if the dish towel was next to a steak, he would still grab the dish towel. They are trained (CGC and ACGC) but some things are just too appealing LOL Your Halloween quilt is adorable, as is your sweet pup.

llong0233 10-30-2016 10:50 AM

Great idea for storing your embroidery frames...on the side of the bookcase. Nice room.

quiltingcandy 10-30-2016 10:57 AM

What a darling puppy! Love your sewing room too, I may need to use your idea of storing your embroidery hoops, it will free up a drawer...hmmmm! :-)

Carol34446 10-30-2016 01:16 PM

Your sweet pup looks like it could be a fox hound. Cute baby.

Jingle 10-30-2016 04:37 PM

Great room and cute puppy. It should not be too long before you can return to your sewing area.
I have a new kitty and have to block my sewing room. She likes to get into everything.
I will be glad when she settles down and I can start sewing in the evenings. She is coming up on 6 months and getting spayed Wednesday.

judy363905 10-30-2016 04:43 PM

Lovely set up. From experience of having my machine directly in front of a window, wanted to share that the heat from the sun discolored the back of my machine and also dried out the level for the needle threaded - and it broke.
Just wanted to caution you...I now do not have my machine on my stable when I am not using it. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

rryder 10-31-2016 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr (Post 7688544)
We got a rescue puppy. Papers say hound! We think she is part greyhound and beagle. Greyhound body with long legs and small beagle face. I've never had my own dog before, always took in one that a relative needed a home for. Geri B said it right, puppies are for the young, but six weeks of puppy classes have helped a lot! Hubby is retired and I work part time so she has lots of attention! [ATTACH=CONFIG]561303[/ATTACH]

Nice sewing space and sweet puppy. She looks a lot like a coonhound we rescued when he was a year and a half old. We thought he was full grown when we got him, but he kept growing till he was two years old. He was part treeing walker and part blue tick. He ended up being really tall and weighed in at nearly eighty pounds! He was my best buddy for nearly 14 years. We never could convince him he wasn't a lap dog :D .

Love your Halloween quilt.
Rob

Sewfine 10-31-2016 04:14 AM

Nice roomy set up.

Sewfine 10-31-2016 04:17 AM

Beautiful Halloween quilt.

Sew Freak 10-31-2016 05:46 AM

nice setup!!