Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Reorganized My quilting den (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/reorganized-my-quilting-den-t219316.html)

Carol34446 04-18-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by shawnan (Post 6006986)
I can't imagine having this much space. I live in such a small house so this makes me very jealous. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Know just how you feel, I have 6 quare feet and I thought I had a lot of material, I have NOTHING compared to many of you ladies. If I outlive my DH I will be able to make a better space, but he has the room I would use for h is "stuff". Oh well. Wouldn't mind so much but he doesn't do anything with it 99.9% of the time, just take up room.

Dianemarie 04-18-2013 08:15 AM

Design Wall Help

Would you please share how you made your design wall?
thank you so much ....
Please pm me
thank you - Dianemarie

Originally Posted by Wild8580 (Post 6008781)
I am not in business. I got the accucut studio after my husband saw the system at an aqs show in Nashville and decided I needed that. I didn't buy at the show and he kept on after we got home so I said you buy it, and he did. I feel so blessed and I share my equipment with my quilting buddies. If you look closely, a lot of my furniture is repurposed. My cutting table is an old library table my mom got when a local high school closed. It is set on 2 by 4's glued together and routed out where the legs fit. after i got the ikea shorter units, I asked a friend to put a board on the table that would extend over the shelves, so I can cut those long borders. The storage underneath were acquired at a garage sale for $5 and just fit underneath the table. The desks beside my sewing area are tables my son scavaged from a nail salon that went out of business. My ironing board is a board screwed to the top of my mom's old ironing board. You know those older metal boards were so much sturdier than the new ones today. It has been a process over the last 5 years.

I occasionally will quilt for a friend, but am always afraid I will mess it up. I make quilts for the joy of making them and give them away to family or donate to my church or when grandkids need something for an auction. Because I am so blessed, I share what I have with my quilting friends. they gather at my home and we sew together. It is my hobby that has turned into a passion for the craft. I learned a long time ago that if I am productive, I have to have order and good tools. It helps that my DH of 48 yrs tells me his purpose in life is to keep me happy. He's done a great job! LOL I have been reading these posts for a long time. I love the pictures of the quilts and have saved the pictures of many and this was my first post. Thank you all for all the encouraging comments. I will post some of my quilts that this space has produced.

KimmieH 04-18-2013 09:29 AM

nice space.....and so neat & clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shandyr1 04-18-2013 10:29 AM

I am so jealous. You have what I dream about. Have lots of fun in your great room.

mjhaess 04-18-2013 10:30 AM

WOW...What an awesome space...Love it......

mjmachin 04-18-2013 10:31 AM

"Fabulous" !!

iamangel 04-18-2013 11:50 AM

What a place. What a stash. What great machines. Wow, wow, wow. That's all I can say. I'm speachless.

Scrapper 04-18-2013 01:49 PM

WOWZER!!! I wanna come play with all your wonderful toys........Husqvarna Diamond......Studio Go......HQ16....and most of all I LOVE THE HOUSE quilt on your absolutley HUGE design wall......very very nice.....would you share the pattern name?

Sandrea 04-18-2013 02:02 PM

Oh my gosh, that is the best sewing room I have ever seen. I am drooling. What is the size of that room? Oh my gosh, it's fabulous. I could only dream of ever having a sewing space like that. Congrats!!!!

kathymarie 04-19-2013 09:04 AM

Uh...I was going to comment a big "wow" after the first photo...but then when I saw the others I'm speechless. Well...almost....what a great space! Come organize mine now!